Litespeed Photo Album - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sep 2002
    Update; i have changed to the WCS 25mm set back and a WCS evolution SL bar with a controltech Scandium stem. All the high frequency buzz has been mitigated and the comfort level is exactly where i like it to be, with sufficient feedback from the road. On an extended shakedown ride this morning, i still cant wipe this **** faced grin from my face cos this bike is so f**k**g magic. She attacks the slopes and sprints without hesitation but remains well balanced and tracks well under effort. This baby has helluva lot more in reserve then my aged legs can put out, but i'm surely inspired to give it a really good try everytime.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    I am looking for a Litespeed in a size 51 or 54 anyone? 52.5TT or 54 TT

RoadBikeReview Member

2006 Tuscany - Half way there.

2006, last year of its kind - size 49 - tt 51. waiting on sram force shifters and brakes. How's the stem/fork looking now?

DSC09278_resize.JPG
    Last edited by theone29; 02-10-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Nov 2007
    Battery died on laptop when I was uploading the pics. - didn't think this made it - No miles yet so no report. When the weather breaks, I'll provide a full report. Some pics.

Attached Images

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by omar
    Update; i have changed to the WCS 25mm set back and a WCS evolution SL bar with a controltech Scandium stem. All the high frequency buzz has been mitigated and the comfort level is exactly where i like it to be, with sufficient feedback from the road. On an extended shakedown ride this morning, i still cant wipe this **** faced grin from my face cos this bike is so f**k**g magic. She attacks the slopes and sprints without hesitation but remains well balanced and tracks well under effort. This baby has helluva lot more in reserve then my aged legs can put out, but i'm surely inspired to give it a really good try everytime.
    Last edited by rslorzvt; 02-11-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Nov 2007
    No miles yet - so no report. When the weather breaks, I'll give a full report. Nice to see some positive comments on the Archon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    nice to see a longer headtube!

RoadBikeReview Member

Here's my...

2005 Solano
    Ultegra Group
    ITM Stem
    Ritchey Pro Bio Max II Bars
    Look Keo Sprint pedals
    FSA K-Force post
    Fizik Arione Ti Saddle
    Salsa Tape
    Rol Volant Wheels
    Conti GP4000 Tires

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Hi guys, new to the forum. My first post.

Here is my 05 tuscany. Plain old nude, stipped off the loud decals, basic ti bike. It's my daily commuter to work. The ride is very supple and it decends very well. Love it.
    Last edited by yuanja888; 03-19-2008 at 05:45 PM.

RoadBikeRider
    Looks good! What did you use to strip the decals? I have tried but the "glue" left behind is a pain in the arse. Didn't want to use anything too harsh on my delicate Ti.

Thanks, T

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andulong
    Looks good! What did you use to strip the decals? I have tried but the "glue" left behind is a pain in the arse. Didn't want to use anything too harsh on my delicate Ti.

Thanks, T
    I used acetone, about 1/3 bottle of it too. Have 2 towels ready... one towel to use to remove the bulk of the glue and stickers then use the second clean towel to finish off.

Litespeed representative recommended the use of acetone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I am looking for a 49-53cm, 2006 or 2007 Vortex or Compact frame. Anyone know where i can find one? Any help would be really appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by theone29
    I am looking for a 49-53cm, 2006 or 2007 Vortex or Compact frame. Anyone know where i can find one? Any help would be really appreciated.
    Upgrading already?

RoadBikeReview Member
    yeah.

RoadBikeRider

Thanks Yuanga888

By the weekend my ride will be "Completely Nude"

T

Juanmoretime
    Quote Originally Posted by yuanja888
    I used acetone, about 1/3 bottle of it too. Have 2 towels ready... one towel to use to remove the bulk of the glue and stickers then use the second clean towel to finish off.

Litespeed representative recommended the use of acetone.
    I've done this before and I strongly recommend you do this in a well ventilated area and use rubber gloves unless you like chemical buzzes.
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!

RoadBikeReview Member

2003 Litespeed Siena XL

Nice supple riding, upright position frame. I ride 24-mi daily, and centuries time permitting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmoretime
    I've done this before and I strongly recommend you do this in a well ventilated area and use rubber gloves unless you like chemical buzzes.
    I've done it and used Goo Gone. It worked well and won't give you cancer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005

my 97 Natchez

I got tired of the matte grey finish and had it powdercoated. After 30,000+ miles, it's still
    going strong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Cool, does paint add noticeable weight?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks. I didn't weigh it before the powder coat, but it's 3.5 lbs now. I can't imagine that it added much at all. Maybe an ounce or two?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004

Who did the powdercoating, and for how much ?

If I can be so bold as to ask. I have a 2006 Tuscany, that I can see having this done to. After every ride in warm enough weather to sweat in I must wipe the frame down after, sweat doesn't hurt the frame, just looks pretty lousy when I sweat all over it. Baby wipes work well, follow that up with paper towel, I can be done in 2-3 minutes, but still a pain. And I always like the Serotts schemes, with part paint and part nude titanium.

Is the powdercoating a smooth, paint like surface, or not ? I have never seen a powdercoated frame, or if I have, I didn't know I saw it.

Thanks,
    Doug

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    I just had it done by my local powdercoater. If it was a newer frame, I would have sent it to someone that specializes in bikes like www.spectrumpowderworks.com, but I didn't want to deal with shipping. The finish is smooth and durable. One thing to be aware of is that those pretty welds will probably disappear under the finish.

Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by theone29
    It's not within your size range, but I've got a 56cm '06 Firenze I'm selling. Here are a couple photos. There are more full resolution pics at http://www.carlcostasimages.com/litespeed

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007

2001 Tuscany

Here's mine built with American Classic 420's, Easton 90SLX, Zero Gravity Ti, Campy Chorus/Record Groupo. All bolts have been replaced with Ti and rear deraileur has a carbon inside cage and carbon pulleys with ceramic bearings.

ray

What up, dog?
    Mine:

2005 Tuscany:

2005 Teramo - just sold on Monday. I'll miss it... :

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast