Litespeed Photo Album - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sep 2002

Front end tweak

Changed up from my old faithful Ouzo Pro/ControlTech 99[90mm] to the Alpha-Q GS-30 & Real-Design [100mm]. Jacked up the stack by [a luxurious] 20mm. Steering seems abit more sensitive with this set-up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do not like titles
    Quote Originally Posted by raymonda
    All bolts have been replaced with Ti
    Ray,

Where does one buy Titanium bolts? I was thinking about replacing the cage bolts with stainless because I have never seen Ti bolts.

- Bruzer

Juanmoretime
    Quote Originally Posted by bruzer
    Ray,

Where does one buy Titanium bolts? I was thinking about replacing the cage bolts with stainless because I have never seen Ti bolts.

- Bruzer
    Cage bolts do not need to be that strong. Alloy is lighter and cheaper.

http://www.torontocycles.com/
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006

And to add to the pics gallery...

.....here's my 2005 Tuscany:
    Frame: 2005 Tuscany 57cm; Fork: Easton EC90 SLX; Drivetrain: Ultegra-SL, 50-34 crankset, 12-27 cassette (for those hills); Handlebars: Easton EA50; Stem: Thomson X2 road; Seatpost: Thomson Elite; Saddle: Fi'zi:k Arione; Pedals: Shimano 6620 Ultegra-SL.; Wheelset: Mavic open-Pro on Dura-Ace hubs, Sapim spokes; Tires: Conti GP-4000;
    Took it on its shakedown ride last weekend. It's a far cry compared to my old Bianchi straight-gauge aluminum ride; this bike is lively, corners nicely and climbs very easy (I felt like I had to drag the Bianchi along...). Took it to 35mph and found no wobble. Will see if it happens up at speeds above that. Can't ride today because I'm down with a monstrous cold. And it's gorgeous outside (a rarity in here England).....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    My 51 cm '98 Tuscany: All Dura Ace 8-speed, Ibis Ti stem, Litespeed Ti (or maybe Dura Ace) seat post, Fizik Arione Ti saddle, Garmin 305 GPS, Cenelli gel bar tape, Chris King silver headset, Speedplay Light Action pedals, blue anodized CXP23 rims on Coda Expert cartridge bearing hubs, Michelin Pro3 tires, 53-39 chain rings, Shimano 11-28 cassette. The decals were scratched so I removed all but the Lynskey signature on the rear chainstay, the US flag, and "Litespeed". Looks great now!

Last edited by ergoman; 05-14-2008 at 05:45 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

I have been trying to post this for sale but when I hit submit, it just sits there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aminkman

I have been trying to post this for sale but when I hit submit, it just sits there.
    That's actually a sign that you should mail it to me. I'll even pay the shipping.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    What size? How much? Details please. Decals look like late 90's but there doesn't seem to be a curve on the seat stays.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    I believe it's a '98. Size is 57cm and there is no curved seat stays. It has Ultegra components with a Dura Ace seat post and Look pedals. FRame is in perfect condition and all the decals original. Located in SoCal. Asking $900.00

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    For those looking for a dependable vendor for bolts, ti or aluminum try www.racebolts.com

Ray

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    The object of my affection...and my wife has come to accept it.

Nov 2007
    Archon Report - so far after about 2 months of riding - much stiffer than Vortex - balance is better - more stable (Vortex very sensitive to position). The Deda mag Stem was a creaking nightmare until one of the handlebar bolts popped out. I replaced with a Profile Design - no more creaking! As long as it holds together- I hope to be riding for a long time. How has your new ride been? Apologies, my bad. How can i put it succinctly? Damn! No, not quite right DAMN!!!!!!! But first some reference, i'm a 'back of the pack' age grouper, pushing 45. Am in no means a strong rider but do enjoy riding as hard as i can, and i ride every other day.
    I just got the beast the day before and my report is as follows. When i first put it on my trainer for fitting, the most obvious characteristic is lack of BB flex compared to the VC'07. So much so that it gave me the feeling of impending doom. Yesterday morning was a shakedown ride and my first response was 'harsh'. Bearing in mind that these are the roads used in the past year on my VC, the road feedback felt very raw. Vibration came thru saddle, bars and cranks. I havent ridden it 'hard' yet, but it has a very firm feel in the pedals, tracking and surety in slaloms. It feels more confidently planted in the front then the VC. Changes to be made is a more pliant SP, A Ritchey WCS (25mm setback), maybe a Gel saddle. Claviculas/or other CF for the crank. Not sure if i should get Scapulas, but definitely CF bars. When i had the Ardennes, i knew what a 'noodle' was. With the VC, i know what a responsive thoroughbred is. The Archon, is some kind of purebred inspiring you to hard ride hard everytime all the time.[/QUOTE]

Edson
    Apr 2008

My Litespeed's

Sept 2005- April 2008 Litespeed Avior...RIP
    May 2008- Present Litespeed Archon, build with the old components from the broken Avior

Nov 2007
    What happened to your Avior? Was the Archon a warranty replacement? If so was it a no hassle exchange?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeande
    Sept 2005- April 2008 Litespeed Avior...RIP
    May 2008- Present Litespeed Archon, build with the old components from the broken Avior

Edson
    Apr 2008
    The Avior broke in April, I think it was a bad welding and a crack spread from there to the downtube and the seat tube, it was scary, moments before I realized the frame was fractured I was going downhill doing 70km/h. I lost the receipt and the store were I bought the bike online went out of bussines, a friend of mine from San Antonio TX, is a Merlin distribuitor, he helped me to get the Archon as a crash replacement program I had to paid around half of the retail price, great deal if you ask me (becasuse I didnt have a receipt), If I`ve had the receipt, probably I would get a Sienna or Ardennes for no cost or very little cost, you live you learn, the archon receipt is now with my college diploma, I dont know which document I care the most now :-)

Nov 2007
    Always nice to hear that their Customer Service is improving - make sure you register your Archon (warranty card) - you can also complete on-line. One other note is the warranty covers the frame only -no fork. When my frame cracked the fork rake on the new Archon was different, so I purchased the Easton fork from Litespeed - they did provide a good price break on the fork. I have never ridden the Avior - I know you'll love the Archon (as long as it doesn't crack) - really nice ride - much stiffer in the bottom bracket than my 2006 Vortex.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeande
    The Avior broke in April, I think it was a bad welding and a crack spread from there to the downtube and the seat tube, it was scary, moments before I realized the frame was fractured I was going downhill doing 70km/h. I lost the receipt and the store were I bought the bike online went out of bussines, a friend of mine from San Antonio TX, is a Merlin distribuitor, he helped me to get the Archon as a crash replacement program I had to paid around half of the retail price, great deal if you ask me (becasuse I didnt have a receipt), If I`ve had the receipt, probably I would get a Sienna or Ardennes for no cost or very little cost, you live you learn, the archon receipt is now with my college diploma, I dont know which document I care the most now :-)

Edson
    Apr 2008

I got the fork "cheap" too

I got the fork from litespeed too, at good price, I wonder If I would ask for some real design wheels I would get a price break too, anyways I didnt have the money... I tried the bike in 2 races already, I suffered uphill since I havent fit the bike, I may need a seatpost with more offset, but last sunday in a criterium the bike felt pretty good, I sprinted to the finish line cut in half the distance to the winner, and got there in 8th place, 100 more meters and some EPO I would beat them at the line ... I`ll try to register the frame today, I checked your Archon pictures, very nice, congratulations..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004

Avior model years

I am new to this thread and noticed that the Avior that cracked has standard welds.
    My 2004 Model (blue) is all smoothed on the welds, like an older klein or cannondale. Is this avior unsmoothed on all the welds??
    thanks
    Paul

Edson
    Apr 2008
    I am not very knowledgeable about weldings in a bike (very bad for a Mecanichal Engineer) since the frame is gone, I remember the other weldings between the tubes to be smoother, I dont know if it was the same welding, just covered by some sort of paste to improve the looks. Anyways great bike, I liked it a lot, before I started the last ride on it, I tought "this is a great looking bike, I`ll keep it for a long time" then it broke :-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

my road bikes. There are others but this is a Ti sub-forum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Eeeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe......

............CoLike20, I can understand your problem, that looks like a pack of wild animals about to go on a feeding frenzy!! Good for you!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

'06 Firenze

Stock '06 Firenze except for the HED alps, which are very

Jul 2006

06 Litespeed Tuscany

06 Tuscany with Zipp 404's, Look Ti pedals, Campy Record, Easton SLX fork, Litespeed post, Specialized Alias seat, Deda bars, Chris King headset, and Garmin 705

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    This is easier.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2003
    I know this is Road bike review, but I can't help showing my 1996 Obed. That's me winning my State Championship race last spring...I bet that bike was older than all the other bikes in my class...by a LONG time.

OH, yeah, and I got a road bike too...

Does anyone know an email address for someone at LS? I want to chat about new decals.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast