LS decal swap for those that have done it
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015

LS decal swap for those that have done it

I'm looking to build up a 1999 Liege, which was a dream frame of mine from that time. However, as much as I love the sexy frame tubing geometry, the garish (IMO) yellow logo is something that doesn't interest me. I was pleased to see on the LS website that they have replacement decal kits for pretty much every model, in every year. In particular, I like the white and black logo from the 2005 Ultimate/Vortex/etc. Off the wall question I realize, but does anyone know which model's downtube most closely resembles the Liege? I want to get the right decal 'fit' without having it look too small or worse, too big. Thanks for any input! Douglas

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I have a 2005 Blade and have the PDF for that year Catalog. Which does not help this situation, but perhaps looking on line for the catalogs for the years and model/decal appropriate to your task would be the help you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robt57/Me!
    Everything you read that I post is just '1' guy's opinion, try to sort it all out best you can. ;) I will try to add value in my posts, if I miss the mark please let me know using a little decorum.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    It has the same bladed down tube as the Ultimate had:

http://www.tirides.com/wp/tiridesfil...speed-1999.pdf

At least that what it looks like in the catalog. I have a 1999 Ultimate that I refurbished last year. I burned off the yellow decals and put on some black ones like you suggested. I think I paid $35 for the decal set. They look a lot better than the yellow bubble looking decals that were originally on the bike. Apply them carefully, because if you get them at a bad angle, it'll look terrible. My LBS said they refuse to apply decals. Mine turned out great and the bike looks fantastic.

DrD
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2000
    The 05 Ultimate decals should work - the downtube is a little different (sort of angular instead of the smooth one on the Liege) but it should work - here's a pic of an 05 Ultimate
    Attached Images Attached Images