My Litespeed Archon C3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DrD
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by senecacyclist View Post
    Hi. Nothing to do with conversation, but Im looking for a vintage Litespeed headbadge. Anyone know where I can get one?
    eBay - they show up now and then.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Well, I pulled the trigger and got my C3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Why the ISP conversion to sliding post on a brand new bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

headbadge

Quote Originally Posted by DrD View Post
    eBay - they show up now and then.
    Got one on ebay, $60! wishI had a stack of these to sell!

DrD
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Why the ISP conversion to sliding post on a brand new bike?
    pretty sure it's not a conversion - the only frame with an integrated seatpost is the C1R - even the C1 is a sliding post.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Update:

Resolved the issue with the flex in the rear end. Still having issues with the derailleur spacing but it works. Replacement hangers are unbelievably expensive.

Litespeed C3
    Last edited by lambdamaster; 12-01-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    09AS-Rslc/09Six

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lambdamaster View Post
    Update:

Resolved the issue with the flex in the rear end. Still having issues with the derailleur spacing but it works. Replacement hangers are unbelievably expensive.
    Could you share how you resolved the flex issue?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorCyclist View Post
    Could you share how you resolved the flex issue?
    Certainly. I think it actually come down to an issue with the wheels I was using. I switched from Rolf Vigors and Easton EC90s to Reynolds DV3K and DV46UL, and I haven't noticed rear brake rub since. I thought it would be unlikely that it was a wheel issue, but apparently it was so. Still though, A lot of other people use EC90s and don't have issues with flex like I did... who knows.
    09AS-Rslc/09Six

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Regarding the hanger, I used to see on realcyclist or department of goods discounted below $30
    I also asked Litespeed/ABG sales rep and I remember the quote to be $20-$25.

But you can straighten these hangers unless something is very bent, they are thin and the mechanic said the flexy hanger is similar to Cervelo and the shifting precision is affected. But there isn't an upgraded hanger from wheels mfg like they make one fore Cervelos

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Regarding the hanger, I used to see on realcyclist or department of goods discounted below $30
    I also asked Litespeed/ABG sales rep and I remember the quote to be $20-$25.

But you can straighten these hangers unless something is very bent, they are thin and the mechanic said the flexy hanger is similar to Cervelo and the shifting precision is affected. But there isn't an upgraded hanger from wheels mfg like they make one fore Cervelos
    Is that for the steel version or the titanium one? I'd rather not pay more than $10 for a piece of stamped steel... I'd gladly buy a new Ti one for $30 though.
    09AS-Rslc/09Six

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Is that for the steel version or the titanium one? I'd rather not pay more than $10 for a piece of stamped steel... I'd gladly buy a new Ti one for $30 though.
    It was $20 for steel and $40 for Ti

Call Todd @ ABG 800.229.0198 ext. 221

For reference LBS charges $20 to deploy the alignment tool.

Music Man
    Nov 2006
    After looking back on this thread, I found I made some posts back in December, 2010. I remember this bike was on sale last year and was going to buy it then, but I had just bought a Bianchi Infinito a few months prior. How things have changed over a year!!! The Infinito ended up with a cracked rear seatstay, so I was without a bike. I received an email about a week ago from Road Bikes, Frames, Completes, Bicycle Parts and Bike Accessories from RealCyclist.com with a list of bikes on sale. They had the 2011 Litespeed Archon C1 with SRAM Force on sale for $1900, with a regular price of $4299. I bought it!! Just waiting for it to arrive. It does have an adjustable seat post. Can't wait to get it and ride it!!

If anyone else is thinking of buying a Litespeed Archon C1, they have one on sale for $1600 with full Ultegra. They are out of the SRAM Force equipped bikes. There were 55 of them last night. When I retrieved their link a minute ago, there are 50 left.

Litespeed Archon C3 - Ultegra Build from Realcyclist.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009

Thanks for the tip.
    Do these prices include shipping?
    09AS-Rslc/09Six

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Tell us more about how you did the new colors!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Tell us more about how you did the new colors!
    Many tedious hours with paint pens.
    09AS-Rslc/09Six

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    These are some beautiful bikes!! I am thinking about getting a C2 frameset to go with a Sram Red group that I already have. After reading lambdamaster's comments about the deraillers, I'm a bit concerned though. Does anyone have any experience with the C2 with Sram? Any other feedback on the C2 would also be helpful.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jne3 View Post
    These are some beautiful bikes!! I am thinking about getting a C2 frameset to go with a Sram Red group that I already have. After reading lambdamaster's comments about the deraillers, I'm a bit concerned though. Does anyone have any experience with the C2 with Sram? Any other feedback on the C2 would also be helpful.
    I am a bit puzzled as to why my frame has these issues but there are C-series Archons shipping with full Sram. Maybe I ended up with a wonky pre-production frame?

In any case, I would go for it and hope for the best. Even if it doesn't work, it will work.
    09AS-Rslc/09Six

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I have seen some C-series with Sram, so I figured surely I can make it work. In any case, I pulled the trigger. It actually arrived yesterday and I gotta say, that is one good looking frame. That was the last piece of the puzzle so I will hopefully start building right after the holidays. I'll post pics when I get there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009

Gave them a call... the extension didn't work but I got to someone who told me $40 for a steel hanger. Is it just me or is that a ridiculous amount? Is there something special about these hangers, or is ABG just taking advantage of their monopoly on them?
    09AS-Rslc/09Six

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Gave them a call... the extension didn't work but I got to someone who told me $40 for a steel hanger. Is it just me or is that a ridiculous amount? Is there something special about these hangers, or is ABG just taking advantage of their monopoly on them?
    I guess the person is not there anymore. The hanger does seem to be proprietery as in, there is no 3rd party making the compatible part.
    You can also get them at competitive cyclist for $40/$65 Ti

What is wrong with your hanger? Couldn't you have it straightened?

dropped!
    Lamb- odd that you would blame the flex of the wheel into the pads on the frame. Just about everytime that's happened, it's almost always the wheels. What exactly your derailleur problem?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I guess the person is not there anymore. The hanger does seem to be proprietery as in, there is no 3rd party making the compatible part.
    You can also get them at competitive cyclist for $40/$65 Ti

What is wrong with your hanger? Couldn't you have it straightened?
    It's bent into a weird S-shape from previous straightening efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by r_mutt View Post
    Lamb- odd that you would blame the flex of the wheel into the pads on the frame. Just about everytime that's happened, it's almost always the wheels. What exactly your derailleur problem?
    Well, I didn't have rubbing issues with the same wheels on a different frame. That's what led me to that conclusion. I described the derailleur problems above.

On another note...

09AS-Rslc/09Six

dropped!
    the stop broke off?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Nope, converting to internal routing.
    09AS-Rslc/09Six

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I noticed a little quirk when running SRAM,

The way SRAM FD is laid out results in the cable resting on the FD spring coil in the relaxed (inner ring) position, it shifts more or less fine, just that your cable touches a metal object and it is not that optimal, since you cannot have the cable completely relax that way.

On a Shimano derailleur this doesn't happen as the spring coil is further forward.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast