My new Litespeed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    hey, i am new to this site. I am currently in the process of getting the same bike. I am trying to use the fit calculator on competivecyclist.com but i am currently on a deployment and the connectivity isnt good at all. I am 5, 10" with about a 31.5 inseam, i am throwing the idea around of the 56, but currently i am ordering the 57 frame. I dont really have the recources out here to do correct measurment, but I am trying to have a bike waiting for me when i get back. I missed the giveaway they had a realcycles.com, but they are working with me, and i still got a good price. Nice pics by the way, thats a badass ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by centsless302 View Post
    hey, i am new to this site. I am currently in the process of getting the same bike. I am trying to use the fit calculator on competivecyclist.com but i am currently on a deployment and the connectivity isnt good at all. I am 5, 10" with about a 31.5 inseam, i am throwing the idea around of the 56, but currently i am ordering the 57 frame. I dont really have the recources out here to do correct measurment, but I am trying to have a bike waiting for me when i get back. I missed the giveaway they had a realcycles.com, but they are working with me, and i still got a good price. Nice pics by the way, thats a badass ride.
    I think it will be a bit too large.. I am 5'9" and I ride a M, 2 size smaller than you are considering.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorCyclist View Post
    I think it will be a bit too large.. I am 5'9" and I ride a M, 2 size smaller than you are considering.
    I'm 5'9 also and from looking over the Litespeed Archon geometry, it sounds a bit too big to me as well.

The conventional wisdom used to be (undoubtedly, others can jump in to comment if it's still the conventional wisdom) that if you're torn between two frame sizes, you should pick the smaller one. It'll be few grams lighter and probably more comfortable. On a frame that's too big, I always feel too stretched out and a little bit as if I'm straddling a fence. It's harder to control the bike. So it's probably worth getting a buddy to measure you carefully.

But I truly understand the anxiety. I'm waiting for a new Pinarello Paris (in 51.5) to arrive. I'm pretty sure I got the sizing right. I paid for a professional sizing, road last year's model in the same size I'm buying and I compared all the frame measurements against my current bike to be sure I understood what would change.

But I'm still nervous as a cat. What if I screwed this up? I really don't want to have to deal with trying to return it or put up with the wrong size. So at least once a day I've been nervously double-checking all the numbers. I'm totally expecting that when the bike arrives (hopefully, next week), I'll get on it and immediately be satisfied, yup, got it right. But until then ...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I look at the top tube length and second the headtube length. Sometimes the smaller bike is too low in the front and and you can't add too many spacers (more than 3cm not recommended). The Archon C series has a race inspired geometry which means low headtube. You will see "gran" "roubaix" or "fondo" kind of bike have higher headtube.

For centsless302 he has picked size L, with headtube at 18.5cm, his seatpost will likely need to be inserted very low as well. probably not a good fit.

The deals will come along from time to time, so don't get bad sizing just because it's a deal!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I'm your size and I have a M/L or 56. Fits me well. I would also think the L would be a little big.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for the help, i havent been on a road bike in forever, my last one was a 58 i believe, but the frame geometry was all dorked up, i just emailed the company and got a 56 on order, now i just have to get back to the states so i can ride it, haha.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Nice. My LS is shredded and I put stickers on it. But I love it and best of all it's still not stolen! (in the stolen capital of USA, tucson AZ).

Not sure if i missed it, but how many grams?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    I'm 6'1 with a 31.5" inseam and the large fits me well.
    I would imagine the L would be ok for you, but you would need a shorter stem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IHTabata View Post
    Nice. My LS is shredded and I put stickers on it. But I love it and best of all it's still not stolen! (in the stolen capital of USA, tucson AZ).

Not sure if i missed it, but how many grams?
    Not sure on weight of the bike, I'm thinking 16.5 pounds as is, but it might be more.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammerjam View Post
    Any advice on Litespeed Sewanee? I have been thinking about buying a 2012 but it's $4200 MSRP.
    Hi your sewanee is for sale? [email protected] Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    As long as people are helping you set up your bike, the bars are generally set anywhere from flat to 5 or 10 degrees down. Saddle any where from flat to slightly down.

Your not going to die; neither looks too bad.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Great bike and great pedals, once adjusted the plates are comfortable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12