Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

New Litespeed frame advice

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  kma 
#1 ·
I received a brand new Litespeed Ultimate frame with a small groove/gouge on the inside edge of the head tube. As a result, a small portion of the inside edge is missing. It's not sharp and smoothed out to the touch. I suspect the groove was made with a slip of a reaming or facing tool but I'm not an expert on frame building. Should I be worried about any issues when building up this bike like a loose headset cup becoming squeaky, etc ... Do you Litespeed users get your new frames inspected by local shops before building? Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you Peter. Yes, I wouldn’t have a shop do any kind of reaming or facing as Litespeed told me they perform all that in house. I was just thinking maybe a shop would have tools to check the stuff you can’t see with the naked eye like alignment, ID dimensions, etc ...

#5 ·
With some positive back and forth communication and minor delays due to the holidays, Litespeed is swapping out the frame. My initial consumer fears have been extinguished. Excited to build this bike up and post some pictures. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.