What is this Litespeed?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011

What is this Litespeed?

Here is it's description:
    this unique Litespeed titanium bicycle is in great shape, it is similar to the current Lynskey sportive disc.
    the frame is 64cm center to top of seat tube , and 60 cm top tube length , this frame may have been a custom.
    it is set up with cantilever brakes, but the frame is made to also accept a disc brake , this gives it great versatility.
    it has a Mavic cosmos wheelset , shimano XTR rear derailluer , shimano 105 crankset and front derailleur , Sram halfpipe shifters , avid shorty brakes .

I'm interested but would want drop-bars. Could it be converted to brifters using the same brakes? Main purpose would be commuting and light-touring (using a Tuscany for that role now).
    .1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Man, I'm Awesome
    Its probably a Blueridge. It was their touring bike back in the day. Named after the mountains in Tn, Ga, and Nc.

I don't think those are disc mounts either. They are for racks and fenders I think.
    "I like to ride my bicycle." - Lance Armstrong -

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Yep, I think you are right. Any opinion on these? What's it take to put drop bars back on here? I'm assuming brifters are compatible with the brakes since it appears the blue ridges came with them.

Man, I'm Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by wadel View Post
    Yep, I think you are right. Any opinion on these? What's it take to put drop bars back on here? I'm assuming brifters are compatible with the brakes since it appears the blue ridges came with them.
    You just need new bars and shifters. Should work just fine.
    "I like to ride my bicycle." - Lance Armstrong -

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for the replies brian. I went and took a look at it yesterday and I think they are disc mounts. Not that it matters much...don't think I would be mounting one up anytime soon. I'm pretty sure it is a 2002 Blue Ridge which did come with disc mounts. That comes strictly from internet research and looking at the decals you can buy for litespeed. I'm taking it for a test spin tomorrow.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    And from Litespeed:
    Our records show that frame to be a 63cm 2002 Appalachian (same frame as the
    Blue Ridge).