KG281 to KG381 back to KG281.......
    RoadBikeReview Member

KG281 to KG381 back to KG281.......

My KG281 was one of those bikes that I noticed the great road feel every time I got on it. I have a slew of high end road bikes and have always felt my trusty 281 did it all and was the most comfortable. I went ahead and purchased a KG381 changing over all the components and wheel set from the 281. Now when I ride I don't get that slap in the face "hey this frame rides so nice" anymore. Somehow the Look moving to the 1 1/8" headset and change in the front has taken away the smooth feel I marveled at EVERY time I road her. I'll be selling the KG381 soon and moving back to my old love. I guess new isn't always better.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by High Gear
    My KG281 was one of those bikes that I noticed the great road feel every time I got on it. I have a slew of high end road bikes and have always felt my trusty 281 did it all and was the most comfortable. I went ahead and purchased a KG381 changing over all the components and wheel set from the 281. Now when I ride I don't get that slap in the face "hey this frame rides so nice" anymore. Somehow the Look moving to the 1 1/8" headset and change in the front has taken away the smooth feel I marveled at EVERY time I road her. I'll be selling the KG381 soon and moving back to my old love. I guess new isn't always better.
    I agree with you. For comfort, my new KG451(1" headtube) is much for comfortable than my KG381... For real long distance "all day" rides, I'll use my KG451
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

WBC
    RoadBikeReview Member

Aw Great

I ordered a 481 that will be coming in the next 2 weeks just for that reason.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WBC
    I ordered a 481 that will be coming in the next 2 weeks just for that reason.
    No worries... It will still be more comfortable than most of the bikes out there.. We're talkin LOOK here... Ride quality is measured in tenths... I'd rate the ride of my 451 a 10. I rate the ride of my 381 a 9.8

Seriously, my 381 is a great all day ride. I've done many centuries on it and felt great afterwards...LOOKs are known for their excellent ride.
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

WBC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hickey
    No worries... It will still be more comfortable than most of the bikes out there.. We're talkin LOOK here... Ride quality is measured in tenths... I'd rate the ride of my 451 a 10. I rate the ride of my 381 a 9.8

Seriously, my 381 is a great all day ride. I've done many centuries on it and felt great afterwards...LOOKs are known for their excellent ride.
    I know, just kidding. I'm sure I won't be dissapointed