Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    True dat, I tried to lure them back but apparently they are all addicted to Facebook
    Facebook brought the level of realville up a notch, that's all. The RBR community neighborhood transcended to an appartement complex over yonder, and I love reading them.

Generally though, Facebook globally is a gravity to live on top of each other, walls plastered thin, an occasional party line overheard/crossed [no pun intended], and even a best friend gaining prey to that milk box in ones need. The Communal.

Sometimes, I'm all about a doorman.

Lactose intolerant speak.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Facebook brought the level of realville up a notch, that's all. The RBR community neighborhood transcended to an appartement complex over yonder, and I love reading them.

Generally though, Facebook globally is a gravity to live on top of each other, walls plastered thin, an occasional party line overheard/crossed [no pun intended], and even a best friend gaining prey to that milk box in ones need. The Communal.

Sometimes, I'm all about a doorman.

Lactose intolerant speak.

I hate the fact that on Facebook, it's so easy to lose stuff, if you see a conversation and don't get back for a while, you may never see it again, and honestly, they used to complain about ads here? Facebook is 75% ads! I prefer a forum format.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Sweet Potato Kugel
    I hate the fact that on Facebook, it's so easy to lose stuff, if you see a conversation and don't get back for a while, you may never see it again, and honestly, they used to complain about ads here? Facebook is 75% ads! I prefer a forum format.
    The format here, especially for photos is great. In the FB Lounge, you would be reading an excellent thread, absolutely a brilliant piece of work and then ...going back ...hunting, hunting and hunting! Never to be found [hark an echo of ill retreat]. You do a search and wade through a geriatric bra advertisement, cuz you lied about your age or gender or foot size knowingly as a 90 year olde with hip dysplasia in dog years [remember that post on Rex]. You typo, pinko meaning Kinko and you got a Fed[eral]express agent on your door step minus his package.

Keep it clean Abraham.

I know.

Willingly your honour, I have no discourse.

Just desire.

Move forward.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -

Frog Whisperer
    So there is a distinct possibility that throwing parts at the 028 AV Super may have done the trick. I ran the saw for about 45 minutes, the fuel economy seemed to be WAY up and it runs great. I cut with a small screwdriver in my pocket so I could adjust the new carb under load had it dialed in pretty good and decided i didn't like the smell of the exhaust so I leaned in down about a 1/16 d turn. It even idles well, and for a 2 cycle, that's a feat!

Guess next time 2 of us cut i will know for sure. I have another row almost and about 2 more bucked out ready to hau as soon as the ground either freezes or dries

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Frog Whisperer
    BTW.... I believe I have the 028 super running like new again, new coil, new carb, new vent plug, and new air filter seems to have done it, lol. It also runs about 1/3 longer on a tank of fuel than it used to.

Also, shed is full, I could get 2 more rows in it but they would not necessarily stay dry (rain)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 stroke experts, come in her-imgp9768.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    I could get 2 more rows in it but they would not necessarily stay dry (rain)
    I see room for a giant shower curtain under the overhang.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I see room for a giant shower curtain under the overhang.
    And THEN I am back to tarps!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    I am using stihl mix-oil at exact ratio, 50 to 1 per instructions, first tank runs fine, only bogs when saw is hot on second tank. When it gets cold again, it works well.

I don't run chain saws, but I run 75cc model airplane engines, ( yeah these are large airplanes turning 24 inch diameter props). which are basically the same thing. I guess about 3x larger in cc than a chain saw? I've got some 20cc engines too.

I would richer the high speed needle about 1/16 of a turn, counter clockwise. Not very much...about the blade width of the screw driver.

You are running the cheap gas, 87 octane, right? Done use the high octane stuff.
    To those in uniform, both present and past, who have protected my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a good life so far.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    I don't run chain saws, but I run 75cc model airplane engines, ( yeah these are large airplanes turning 24 inch diameter props). which are basically the same thing. I guess about 3x larger in cc than a chain saw? I've got some 20cc engines too.

I would richer the high speed needle about 1/16 of a turn, counter clockwise. Not very much...about the blade width of the screw driver.

You are running the cheap gas, 87 octane, right? Done use the high octane stuff.
    87 octane absolutely ONLY alcohol free! For reference, running an ethanol added fuel voids the warranty on the new Stihl stuff. Adjusting the carb wasn't working so I replaced it, new carb was 20 bucks (aftermarket) My saws are 47cc, 50 cc and 51 cc. They aren't toys, two are pro series and one farm and ranch use.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    -

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    I'm in............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123