2019 NBA Playoffs

Printable View

• 04-15-2019
    SystemShock
    2019 NBA Playoffs
    It's that time of year again! :yesnod:

I'm currently watching Game 2 of the 76ers-Nets series (Philly vs Brooklyn), and it is EXCELLENT. Great contrast of styles.
  • 04-15-2019
    Akirasho
    Do we have to asterisk a series without King James?
  • 04-15-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    Do we have to asterisk a series without King James?

A Finals series? No. It's valid whether or not LeBron's there.

He may not even be the best basketball player on Earth anymore. Giannis and Harden have both had absolutely insane seasons this year.
  • 04-15-2019
    Akirasho
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    He may not even be the best basketball player on Earth anymore.

_____
    https://media.giphy.com/media/8OlT82jKm6Ugg/giphy.gif
  • 04-15-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

Yup, you're definitely from Ohio.
  • 04-16-2019
    SystemShock
    Warriors... EPIC collapse vs the Clippers in Game 2. Had a 31-point lead (!!!) in the 3rd quarter and still lost. :eek:

How do you even DO that? Mind blown.
  • 04-16-2019
    xxl
    Video of the Clippers last night, just as the fourth quarter gets underway:

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YeEbtiruH2Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 04-16-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Video of the Clippers last night, just as the fourth quarter gets underway:

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YeEbtiruH2Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

LOL, yep.

But, we all know what happened to that guy at the end of the movie.
  • 04-16-2019
    xxl
    Quote:

LOL, yep.

But, we all know what happened to that guy at the end of the movie.

Which is why my money's not on the Clippers.:)
  • 04-22-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

Which is why my money's not on the Clippers. :)

Smart man, given Games 3 and 4. :D
  • 04-22-2019
    SystemShock
    Most of the eight first-round playoff series are pretty much decided at this point... one team is up either 3-0 or 3-1, or has won it outright already (Boston). Only series in real doubt is San Antonio vs Denver.

So, barring some incredible comeback(s), the second round looks like this:

Milwaukee vs Boston
    Toronto vs Philly
    Houston vs Golden State
    Portland vs SA or Denver

These should all be good/competitive series, esp. Houston vs GS.
  • 04-23-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

Most of the eight first-round playoff series are pretty much decided at this point... one team is up either 3-0 or 3-1, or has won it outright already (Boston). Only series in real doubt is San Antonio vs Denver.

So, barring some incredible comeback(s), the second round looks like this:

Milwaukee vs Boston
    Toronto vs Philly
    Houston vs Golden State
    Portland vs SA or Denver

These should all be good/competitive series, esp. Houston vs GS.

Sidenote: Some smartass sportscaster said the other day that the second-round series of Houston vs Golden State would be the NBA Championship. :eek:

I think that's a bit overstated, now that the East finally has some very good non-LeBron teams. Any of the top four East teams (Bucks, Raptors, Sixers, and Celtics) playing at their best will be far from pushovers in the Finals. Though okay, maybe I'd still bet on the Rockets or Warriors (cautiously).

Thoughts?
  • 04-23-2019
    hfc
    I think weíll be in for a great finals; likely Warriors-Bucks. Iíd like to see Houston break through but Warriors look to have clicked the past couple of games and Harden has shown some vulnerability - horrible shooting game 2 games ago and the end of the the last game, he did not look sharp. Iíve been working a lot though and havenít been able to follow real closely.
  • 04-24-2019
    SystemShock
    Good lawd... Damian Lillard beats Oklahoma City (and ends the series!) with a 37-foot buzzer-beater!! All while dropping 50 points on trash-talking Russell Westbrick's head. :eek:

Portland is fo' REAL, man.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 18.0px Georgia}</style><iframe width="512" height="288" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uiQFVjyP148" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 04-24-2019
    xxl
    Quote:

Good lawd... Damian Lillard beats Oklahoma City (and ends the series!) with a 37-foot buzzer-beater!! All while dropping 50 points on trash-talking Russell Westbrick's head. :eek:

Portland is fo' REAL, man.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 18.0px Georgia}</style><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uiQFVjyP148" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe>

LOVE the shot as a fan, but as a coach, I'd be wondering about having twelve seconds to set up, and THAT'S the shot you take?!?

All good when they go in, though. :thumbsup:
  • 04-24-2019
    QuiQuaeQuod
    Quote:

LOVE the shot as a fan, but as a coach, I'd be wondering about having twelve seconds to set up, and THAT'S the shot you take?!?

He hasn't taken a lot, but he has some insanely high % on 30+' shots this season. At least I think I saw that on the highlights this morning, when I wasn't paying much attention.

Still, I doubt that was the play any coach would call, or hope for, in that situation.
  • 04-24-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

All good when they go in, though. :thumbsup:

It's a bad shot for everyone except him and Steph Curry, pretty much.
  • 04-26-2019
    SystemShock
    Warriors FINALLY close out the Clips in six. Whew. :thumbsup:

But a tip of the hat to Doc Rivers and his crew....LA has a tough, hungry team that plays hard, and their name ain't the Lakers.
  • 04-30-2019
    SystemShock
    Second round is on. And the Celtics SHOCK the #1 seed bucks, blowing them out in their own building. :eek:

#al-horford-is-so-very-underrated
  • 05-03-2019
    SystemShock
    Guess I'm the only one who cares 'bout the NBA playoffs. Ah well. :)
  • 05-03-2019
    Akirasho
    Quote:

<< after being skool'd on altering another person's quotes, I will resist the urge to place an AM after the N and an L after the B >>
  • 05-03-2019
    thatsmybush
    Quote:

Have been watching as much as I can the west games are out for me during the week. Did watch the Rockets get undercut time and again in game 1. I have not skin in the game after my Pistons took their quick cup of coffee in the playoffs to go, but think the match-ups are good.

Oh and Kyle woof, you are not helping Leonard set up long term in Toronto. Clippers here he comes.
  • 05-04-2019
    SystemShock
    Portland beats Denver in (ahem)... QUADRUPLE OVERTIME!!! :eek:

Ties for the LONGEST PLAYOFF GAME in NBA HISTORY. Other one was in the '50s, I think.

Nikola Jokic played SIXTY-FIVE MINUTES. No word yet on whether he needed an IV afterwards.

And they play again Sunday afternoon, just 39 hours afterwards. Rest up, fellas. :skep:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5...nuggets-game-3
  • 05-06-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

<< after being skool'd on altering another person's quotes, I will resist the urge to place an AM after the N and an L after the B >>

The children I have penned up in a pit in my basement thank you for your discretion.
  • 05-06-2019
    SystemShock
    Rocket tie up their series with the Warriors 2-2. The champs ain't invincible after all.

The Bucks looks on the verge of eliminating the Celtics, are up 3-1.

Toronto (my new favorite East team) are knotted up with Philly 2-2.

And Portland and Denver are 2-2 in their surprisingly entertaining series.

I think we're seeing a more competitive league now, after several years of domination by the LeBron Cavs and the Warriors.

It's kinda nice.