Absolutely insane Texas Nascar crash.....
    Always changing.....

Absolutely insane Texas Nascar crash.....

sorry, forget how to imped vid.

If you haven't seen this crash video from Texas this week at qualifying, it is crazy. And the driver McDowell walks away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4oSZIm3YAw

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's what God made roll cages for.

Game on, b*tches!
    Ouch. I'm not a fan (fact is I hate it), but DAYUM. Bet he was a little sore next morning. Good to hear he was OK.
    Originally Posted by tetter
    'Pain is temporary, and there might be beer at the finish line'

"Karma is spread in lots of different ways. You know, like herpes."
    catzilla
    "I'm an American male. This is pizza. Leave me alone!"
    Alton Brown
    ohnoIaintsuckingnomore.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    He said his knees hurt a bit from knocking together, but otherwise he was fine. He looked like nothing happened, smiling and what not. What an amazing progress NASCAR has made in driver safety.

jd3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Randy LaJoie was on TV tonight showing the seat he made that was most likely the reason he was able to walk away.
    http://www.joieofseating.net/custom-race-seats.html

I like Chicken
    Help me Tom Cruise. Help me Oprah Winifrey.
    Quote Originally Posted by gutfiddle
    Most of the gals we know schedule C sections whether they need them or not nowadays to keep their cooter from gettin torn up but I say you can't hurt them things, they're made of hognose material.

Lemur-ing
    Now if that happened to an F1 car.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

I ride in circles..
    My whole family loves nascar.. I enjoy it sometimes but with all the new rules and such I'm beginning to not like it as much..
    Anyhow.. My brother has the in car radio on through the computer and was watching when it happened.. I've seen the replay a few times... Thats the worst crash in many years. And to think that a few years ago that would have likely killed him.
    ~ Long Live Long Rides~

Jan 2004

My least favorite kind of racing, but MAN.;...

I spent three years covering NASCAR back in the '70s, and went to most of the races in the Petty/Allison/Pearson days, but I was always more of a sports car and roadracing fan. Racing was a minor-league sport in those days, except for Indy and some interest in the Daytona 500, and I never understood why it didn't catch on with the American public. Then when it finally did, it was the wrong kind: Taxicabs turning left; who cares? But I've seen so many people killed in crashes that were nothing compared to that...+1 for sheet metal, roll cages, HANS and SAFER barriers.

Resident Dutchbag
    Quote Originally Posted by uzziefly
    Now if that happened to an F1 car.
    That would probably be a tad more expensive.
    Originally posted by thatsmybush:
    I can only speak for my self, but if Fergie wanted to rub her lovely lady lumps on me, I could play the role of "human stripper pole."

I ride in circles..
    I'm all for safety.. but I'm not for all the damn rules in Nascar.. Leave the damn sport alone.. Oh well..
    ~ Long Live Long Rides~

Spicy Dumpling
    I agree with the rules being a mess. I miss the days of short tracks instead of 1.5 mile cookie cutters with cars made from a different cutter. I was a big fan in the 70's and 80's but it went downhill with the Bruton Smith era of buying big tracks and closing small ones.

I'm a big fan of drag racing. Yes, NO turns but you get to watch hundreds of races a day and you can still go to the pits an meet the drivers. And if you've ever been to a Nitro race you won't forget it. The smell, the sound, the kick in the chest from the sound of the cars going by. And these guys do have a lot of skill in driving, 0-300 in less than 4.5 seconds..
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

I ride in circles..
    I wish rally racing was more popular in the states.. That there is real driving talent!
    ~ Long Live Long Rides~

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoSoSwiM
    I wish rally racing was more popular in the states.. That there is real driving talent!
    Second only to the talent of the moreons jumping out of the way at the last minute!

I agree, rally drivers are probably the best drivers in racing.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

I ride in circles..
    I've seen some rather amazing wrecks where 30+ people get plowed over as the car blazes through them... It's crazy because most of them don't get hurt.. and the driver doesn't even stop to see if they're ok!
    ~ Long Live Long Rides~