Ahhh..I love the late summers here in SFLA!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Ahhh..I love the late summers here in SFLA!

So far just a TS but could be a CAT1 or 2 and heading this way by Tuesday morning.

Luckily I am on the East Coast. But 45-60mph are easliy expected.

I am sure glad they finished my new Hurricane Impact Windows 2 weeks ago.
    Maybe I will see a bit of what these puppies can do .

And just when the painters are getting ready to start.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Yes, I have been watching this storm and as you and I know they have NO freaking clue where it will end up. You are further south than me so hopefully it skirts us both. Time to stock up on SPAM and Chef Boyardee.
    Just fast enough to know I am slow.

here comes trouble
    I'm crossing my fingers that it won't head too far west and hit the panhandle where my gramma lives.

But saddle up, boys. Hurricane season is just gettin' good started. Y'all know late aug/sept are always the "fun" months, if you wanna call 'em that.
    Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit. -Bernard Williams

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Fun as in no electricity, playing with chainsaws, living out of a cooler, hoping you have a roof over your heads kinda fun. Oh well, weather happens.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterrn
    Fun as in no electricity, playing with chainsaws, living out of a cooler, hoping you have a roof over your heads kinda fun. Oh well, weather happens.
    Yep. I went 3 weeks with out it after Andrew. Cable was out for 18 months!

2 years ago with Wilma, we had lost power for 15 days. try that with a 1 yr old kit and your Kitchen being remolded!
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

Poseur
    It's too early to really tell much, but that map shows it going directly over the island I have my business, and my house off Charlotte Harbor.
    "Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean........against bars, tables, chairs, and poles"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY

And just when the painters are getting ready to start.
    And you had no problems with that in the first place?
    Blows your hair back.

Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT2222
    It's too early to really tell much, but that map shows it going directly over the island I have my business, and my house off Charlotte Harbor.
    I was riding on Sanibel Captiva Rd and saw where Charly tore thru.. That was a vicious and sudden one. I'm sorry, the Gulf seems to get pounded with these storms...

Wilma hit me pretty hard here (Hollywood). I'm on the 5th floor and have a southern exposure and that thing came from an odd southwesterly direction. I was only out of power for 2 days because I have a a gigantic hotel and convention center, the Westin Diplomat, right down the street. Other than Wilma we've been very lucky here...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker
    And you had no problems with that in the first place?
    They were going to start before this thing was even a system.

I am glad we wills start after. That would screw up the new paint!
    DIRT BOY

hello
    I miss violent weather. We have absolutely nothing weather-wise, here in So Cal. Perhaps a couple of stray thunder showers every year but that's about all.

here comes trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by roadfix
    I miss violent weather. We have absolutely nothing weather-wise, here in So Cal.
    uh, you mean except for random earthquakes.

At least you can plan for a hurricane. Tornadoes, OTOH, scare the crap out of me.
    Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit. -Bernard Williams

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Looks like a split finger fastball. Batten down the hatches and don't forget to duck!

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno
    Looks like a split finger fastball. Batten down the hatches and don't forget to duck!

You are referring to what we lovingly refer to as the cone of death. It basically means they have no idea where it is headed but they are pretty sure it will end up somewhere.

RoadBikeReview Member

Dade County Schools Closed Monday...

for those with little ones. I am going to have a fun Monday/Tuesday with the wife out of town .

Sure glad for Grandparents though...
    DIRT BOY

RoadBikeReview Member
    You are referring to what we lovingly refer to as the cone of death. It basically means they have no idea where it is headed but they are pretty sure it will end up somewhere.
    LMAO! Hey, they a pretty decent job letting us possibl know where it's going. It is "Mother Nature" you know and hard to predict.

Well at least my house is a fortress now with a new roof last year and now impact windows and door shutters. Even my garage door is secure as my bikes.
    No more wife complaining when I use to bring them in the house.

Money well spent. A TON of money, but well spent. Now I can watch the crap flying by and my neighbors house falling apart .
    DIRT BOY

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    I hate the weather forecasters. Too many reports, too much angst, too much drama.

They drive me crazy.

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Centuryx3
    I hate the weather forecasters. Too many reports, too much angst, too much drama.

They drive me crazy.

Yes you always have the idjut on the beach telling everyone to be indoors unless it is and emergency. Ummmm, Shouldn't you be indoors then idjut? Latest from www.noaa.gov shows the cone of death swinging a little more west and then curving in west of the lake. I hate fortifying the house. IT SUCKS, so I am praying it will miss us in Palm Beach all together.

Poseur
    LOL, Jim Cantori was referred to as the "storm stud" a while back, when he wore a hat and hid his baldness. The reference was to the scud stud, for any of you younger peeps. All I could thinnk of was Marlin Perkins sending his lackeys in to actually confront the wildlife on his show.
    "Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean........against bars, tables, chairs, and poles"

Poseur
    Yes you always have the idjut on the beach telling everyone to be indoors unless it is and emergency. Ummmm, Shouldn't you be indoors then idjut? Latest from www.noaa.gov shows the cone of death swinging a little more west and then curving in west of the lake. I hate fortifying the house. IT SUCKS, so I am praying it will miss us in Palm Beach all together.
    Hey, it's still hitting my office and house, gimme a break.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yep, we are on the edge of one now.

But my dad who is having a Pace Maker installed Monday in Ft Meyers is right there. Hopefully the wife's flight form Orlando Tuesday afternoon is not delayed.

Bt you KNOW this won't be the last. remeber last year? they got us all worked up and NOTHING came about. I guess with kids now I am a bit cautious.

In the old days this would be surfing time!
    Last edited by DIRT BOY; 08-17-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    DIRT BOY

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    No doubt it is going to be a big NOTHING. A little wind and rain, nothing we haven't dealt with a billion times here in Florida. However if the hospitals feel like they have to board up a lot of them will cancel "elective" surgeries.

RoadBikeReview Member
    No doubt it is going to be a big NOTHING. A little wind and rain, nothing we haven't dealt with a billion times here in Florida. However if the hospitals feel like they have to board up a lot of them will cancel "elective" surgeries.
    Sure, but I would not call that elective surgery. he has NO choice. Oh, he said it was called a fibulator(?)
    DIRT BOY

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    a little storm is better than dealing with the cold in the winter especially in the up of mih where they get an average of 15' of snow per year. yuck!!!

Poseur
    Sure, but I would not call that elective surgery. he has NO choice. Oh, he said it was called a fibulator(?)
    Maybe you mean a defibrilator(sp?). My dad is getting his replaced in about a month. I believe it's almost like an out patient procedure nowadays. He's 86 and will be in and out the same day.

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Just make sure it is the lightest carbon one possible so you can write a review.

Here is a site that might help.

http://www.heartonline.org/defibrillator.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast