Annual "Running of the Bulls" in Pamplona, Spain
    AJS
    banned

Cool Annual "Running of the Bulls" in Pamplona, Spain

Anyone been watching it this year on OLN?

Idea: maybe W should see if he could outrun 'em on his MTB? LOL!

Back from the dead
    I caught a few minutes of that last year. It seemed pointless to me. Once you see the bulls come out and everyone runs away, you've seen all there is to see. There really isn't any more reason to watch, other than to see someone get gored. I don't understand how they managed to make a multi-episode TV show out of it. I think they need some new ideas if this is going to last. For instance, set up a baby carriage in the street, put a camera on it, and take bets on if it will get crushed or not. Setup bowling pins and make a game out of it. But come on, people running from bulls is boring. People running from chainsaw weilding manaics wearing hockey masks is something I might watch.

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    People running from chainsaw weilding manaics wearing hockey masks is something I might watch.
    I think you can catch an episode of this on the 10 o clock news--pretty much nightly.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

AJS
    banned

Wink

Pointless? Yes. Except for proving who's got the cojones to take on a 1400 lb. slab o' fury while getting hot bull snot sprayed down your back.

What never ceases to amaze me is that hundreds of people continue to participate in it. As far as watching it, it only lasts for a few minutes for each daily run, so it can't get too boring.
    Last edited by AJS; 06-15-2004 at 10:17 AM.