Anomaly

Thread: Anomaly

RoadBikeReview Member

Anomaly

lest we forget and try to easily slap a dollar figure on the lives of the crew.

This has always been difficult and while SpaceX has demonstrated some interesting technical achievements, the lowest denominator should be crew survivability be it a public or private venture.

Frog Whisperer
    back to the drawing board....
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    And this is why you test stuff.

Unmanned stuff asploding in test is nothing new in the space program. What you want to avoid is is asploding when ppl are aboard. So you test. And figure out WHY something asploded.

Stuff like this does not greatly worry me. What DOES worry me is the more political stuff (aka 'We GOTTA launch NOW no matter what conditions or the program looks bad!') that comes from the top down... and which greatly contributed to the two very-preventable Space Shuttle disasters.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    And this is why you test stuff.

Unmanned stuff asploding in test is nothing new in the space program. What you want to avoid is is asploding when ppl are aboard. So you test. And figure out WHY something asploded.

Stuff like this does not greatly worry me. What DOES worry me is the more political stuff (aka 'We GOTTA launch NOW no matter what conditions or the program looks bad!') that comes from the top down... and which greatly contributed to the two very-preventable Space Shuttle disasters.
    Fundamentally I agree but worry about privatization and what often comes next. Granted too, that such has plagued NASA too, but there may have been better accountability... may have been. We don't want manned missions on the cheaper ship... we want them on the best (How much upgrading can a Soyuz take and still be a "Soyuz"?).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    lest we forget and try to easily slap a dollar figure on the lives of the crew.

This has always been difficult and while SpaceX has demonstrated some interesting technical achievements, the lowest denominator should be crew survivability be it a public or private venture.
    Somewhat similar circumstances (static on ground test) not too many years resulted in the Apollo 1 tragedy. Killed 3 very skilled astronauts.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Hmm......looks like Elon must've given the design work to the Tesla engineers.....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"