Anybody streaming music? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    every day since dc berman died, i'm sayin', "alexa, play silver jews."

can't get enough.
    One of my biggest complaints about Pandora was that it didn't expose me to bands I didn't already know.

Silver Jews was a big exception though. They'd pop up on a Pavement station I set up. Despite being a big Pavement fan and Steve Malcmus of Pavement being in that band I had never heard of them.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Spotify here. Quality turned to the max of course. Heavily compressed mp3 sounds dull, and max quality Spotify is good enough for me. And now: Bach.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Giant TCR

RoadBikeReview Member
    Amazon music, I have over 166 hours of music to stream. through. I connect through my iPhone and blue tooth to my SAMSUNG surround sound system in the basement. The clarity and sound is outstanding. When nobody is home, crank up the music, spin on the trainer like there is no tomorrow
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

RoadBikeReview Member
    We subscribe to Sirius/XM and have had it in our cars since 2008 before the two merged. These days your can stream the service for no extra cost and also listen to it on Pandora (Sirius/XM bought Pandora some time ago).

We listen to several channels, mostly 1st Wave, Classic Rewind and Watercolors (the reason I subscribed in the first place). It was hard to find smooth jazz anywhere outside of San Diego and the Watercolors channel is as good as the old 98FM Smooth Jazz station in SD was at the time.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities. Voltaire

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. Thomas Jefferson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WaynefromOrlando View Post
    We subscribe to Sirius/XM and have had it in our cars since 2008 before the two merged. These days your can stream the service for no extra cost and also listen to it on Pandora (Sirius/XM bought Pandora some time ago).

We listen to several channels, mostly 1st Wave, Classic Rewind and Watercolors (the reason I subscribed in the first place). It was hard to find smooth jazz anywhere outside of San Diego and the Watercolors channel is as good as the old 98FM Smooth Jazz station in SD was at the time.
    Smooth jazz seemed to have dropped off the map. Our local station charged to another format. We also listen the Watercolors (and Spa) on Sirius at home. In the car its Classic Rewind, Lithium, Ozzy's Boneyard, and some occasional bluegress

Boobies!
    We're low-fi for streaming--usually I just tell Alexa to play a couple of our locals:
    WBGO Newark (NPR jazz); good blues show in the PMs, and a Rhythm and Blues feature on Sat AMs which is good working music:

WFUV: college NPR affiliate--new stuff, but playlist driven.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
    -Hanlon's Razor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12