Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    You can use about any of the more recent generations of iPhones to play music.
    That's just it, I don't want to use a phone.

My ipod is about 1"x2"x0.25" and fits in a pocket without being bulky or bouncing around while I workout, ski, or snowboard. I don't like the idea of wearing a strap/holder on my arm either. I'm fine using a phone for music in my car but would rather use something smaller/cheaper for everything else - which is why I'm so bummed that Apple quit making the Nano.

I hear ya' about software not "finding" music. My itunes library shows lots of music that I uploaded from CDs (not purchased from i-store) that it won't load onto my devices because the files somehow disappeared.

Frog Whisperer
    Microsoft Zune HD (16 gig), by far, the best sound of any mp3 player I have ever heard. I also push music through the stereo with my galaxy Tab A, 8 inch regularly.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    If there was a magic method to get all our purchased iTunes music onto a plain MP3 player as well as a non Apple Music app on an iPhone, I’d jump ship in a heartbeat. Our fault for diving into the purchased music as deep as we did. Ideally I’d just convert all to MP3 and use that method on our iPhones.

In Apples favor, I did buy an album from Apple, had it sync via WiFi and show up on 2 computers and 3 devices, so that’s progress. Family Sharing seems to work

It's a Sledgehammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    If there was a magic method to get all our purchased iTunes music onto a plain MP3 player as well as a non Apple Music app on an iPhone, I’d jump ship in a heartbeat. Our fault for diving into the purchased music as deep as we did. Ideally I’d just convert all to MP3 and use that method on our iPhones.

In Apples favor, I did buy an album from Apple, had it sync via WiFi and show up on 2 computers and 3 devices, so that’s progress. Family Sharing seems to work
    Android File Transfer. https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Drag & drop iTunes into android device - or any MP3 player.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    This and/or the Sandisk Clip are going to be the way for me. Thanks!
    Have been using a Clip for years. Attach to your bib shoulder strap (left strap for right-handers)and with a little practice replay or skipping becomes automatic.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eap4a View Post
    Android File Transfer. https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Drag & drop iTunes into android device - or any MP3 player.
    Thanks and good to know.

At some point and as I'm now reading, Apple stopped using DRM protection on it's music, I think around 2015, so anything purchased after is OK to transfer, anything prior, you would have to burn to CD than move. And there are so many good alternatives to iTunes, even on Apple devices, I may make the attempt.

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    That's no issue for me as I mostly only rip music from CDs. I just don't have patience for relearning software and my home computer is outdated to the point of being unreliable. I last loaded music onto my ipod a year ago.

It's not that I'm a Luddite, I just don't have patience for those sorts of things. I can tell what's wrong when something mechanical isn't working and enjoy the troubleshooting process but when a computerized thing gets wonky I just throw up my hands and start swearing.
    My brother from another mother! Just yesterday I overheard my daughter asking my wife “is dad swearing at the printer again?” Yes, yes I was.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12