Arguments That Leave You Baffled
    RoadBikeReview Member

Arguments That Leave You Baffled

Today, I had a discussion that spiraled into an argument. While this is not the actual discussion, it kinda went like this.

I need you to leave your schedule open at 11:00 PM in 7 days.

OK, I will be available at 23:00 hours a week from now.

No, I need you at 11:00 PM in 7 days!

Gotcha, 23:00 hours, a week from now.

NO! 11:00 PM!

23:00 hours is 11:00 PM... ok, 11:00PM a week from now

NO!!! 11:00 PM in 7 days!!

you know that a week IS 7 days?

YES! 11:00 PM in 7 days!!!!

Soooooo, until I say 11:00 PM in 7 days, you're gonna make my life hell?

I would NEVER do that. I just want you to be available at 11:00 PM 7 days from now!

I will be available at 11:00 PM 7 days from now.

Thank you.

You're welcome...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    Today, I had a discussion that spiraled into an argument. While this is not the actual discussion, it kinda went like this.

I need you to leave your schedule open at 11:00 PM in 7 days.

OK, I will be available at 23:00 hours a week from now.

No, I need you at 11:00 PM in 7 days!

Gotcha, 23:00 hours, a week from now.

NO! 11:00 PM!

23:00 hours is 11:00 PM... ok, 11:00PM a week from now

NO!!! 11:00 PM in 7 days!!

you know that a week IS 7 days?

YES! 11:00 PM in 7 days!!!!

Soooooo, until I say 11:00 PM in 7 days, you're gonna make my life hell?

I would NEVER do that. I just want you to be available at 11:00 PM 7 days from now!

I will be available at 11:00 PM 7 days from now.

Thank you.

You're welcome...
    You could have asked for their phone and reprogramed it to the 24hr clock mode and told that person that you would fix it at 11pm 7 days from now. But seeing as that wasn't the actual discussion you're on your own.
    Too old to ride plastic

Darling of The Lounge
    You could have made it easy and just sent this:

Rub it............
    I've had a few discussions with a co-worker that devolved into an argument. Even when he asked for proof of what I was saying, and I showed him said proof, he still continued to argue with me about it saying I was wrong. And on top of that he called me closed minded. So I told him that there isn't anything we can talk about anymore.
    You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

I kind of wish it were legal to staple people in the face.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    My favorite Bill Murray quote.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arguments That Leave You Baffled-13051495_1165374406815642_7124086447851063071_n.jpg  
    Insert something clever here:

Insert list of every bike I own here:

RoadBikeReview Member
    this is the visual representation of the "conversation".

I was running along the snake's body to avoid the chomp, but was losing ground. In the end, both I and the snake faced doom and the snake was determined to eat.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Talking (?) with my brother is like that. I know how it goes, so I just bow out. But other general people of the public have no idea what they are getting into or how to get out of it.
    It is just better to stop talking for a while, let them ramble, then move on!

My sister, whom I spend a lot more time with is kinda like going the same way.... me, never had it happen~
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    Talking (?) with my brother is like that. I know how it goes, so I just bow out. But other general people of the public have no idea what they are getting into or how to get out of it.
    It is just better to stop talking for a while, let them ramble, then move on!

My sister, whom I spend a lot more time with is kinda like going the same way.... me, never had it happen~
    I was particularly frustrated when the conversation began with "I need you to do" and ended with "Ok, I understand you. Do nothing." which was not my argument. I just didn't feel the need to duplicate something that had already been done just because someone else got an automated notice outside of my ACTUAL COMMUNICATION WITH THE INVOLVED PARTIES!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc View Post
    I've had a few discussions with a co-worker that devolved into an argument. Even when he asked for proof of what I was saying, and I showed him said proof, he still continued to argue with me about it saying I was wrong. And on top of that he called me closed minded. So I told him that there isn't anything we can talk about anymore.
    I had this argument once with a manager who was assigned to my project (this manager is not an IT person at all, much less Security focused, came from a large project at a Financial institution that had 800 staff and managers that came to an end, so those 800 were shuffled to other projects.... yes I work for a very large company).

Manager asked for a description of what the Certification and Accreditation process is (as it related to IT Security). So I copy and pasted the section from the NIST 800-53 that describes it.. and he sent it back and said I was wrong... and I responded that it was not incorrect and to just use it, to which he responded I was wrong and fix it...

FYI.. the entire NIST 800 series, specifically the 800-53, is the Certification and Accreditation (these days called SA&A - Security Assessment and Authorization) set of controls... and is the basis of FISMA (Federal IT Security Management Act)...

And he still claimed I was wrong.. I got the hell off that project as fast as I could..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    You could have made it easy and just sent this:

You could really throw their $hit for a loop and include some Australian times ... for whatever reason Adaliad Australia uses a 1/2 hour timezone (?) ... We have an Australian exchange student and they are 17.5 hours in front of us (PST).

Current time here: 09:32 ... Current time there: 03:02 tomorrow.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Seams to me Akirasho could have avoided that "argument" in his first response by saying, will do, or sure thing.

Seat's not level
    My schedule is definitely open... However, I'm never available for idjuts like you. enjoy your time with my schedule.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.