• 04-08-2009
    2cflyr
    audio gurus- music search assistance needed (specific genre-somewhat electronic?)
    goal:

    more music like zero 7, blue six, thievery corp.

    halp!

    //wow- trip hop, down tempo? acid jazz and ambient i can see...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_7
  • 04-08-2009
    Creakyknees
    pandora.com not working for ya?
  • 04-08-2009
    Bocephus Jones II
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 2cflyr
    goal:

    more music like zero 7, blue six, thievery corp.

    halp!

    //wow- trip hop, down tempo? acid jazz and ambient i can see...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_7

    downtempo

    //also see Massive Attack, Tricky, Hooverphonic, Morcheeba, Herbaliser, Portishead, cut chemist, Gorillaz, Ruby...
  • 04-08-2009
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Nah, just stick with Fila Brazillia and you’ll be just fine.

    THE BUGS WILL BITE!
  • 04-09-2009
    2cflyr
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    pandora.com not working for ya?


    no farking speakerz at werk.
  • 04-09-2009
    2cflyr
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    downtempo

    //also see Massive Attack, Tricky, Hooverphonic, Morcheeba, Herbaliser, Portishead, cut chemist, Gorillaz, Ruby...


    very nice. thank you.
  • 04-09-2009
    Uprwstsdr
    A couple of others:

    Thievery Corporation
    Groove Armada
    Sneaker Pimps

    Start here and then check out the related styles as well:
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:2644
  • 04-09-2009
    2cflyr
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Uprwstsdr
    A couple of others:

    Thievery Corporation
    Groove Armada
    Sneaker Pimps

    Start here and then check out the related styles as well:
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:2644

    knew about one, thanks for the other two
  • 04-09-2009
    Uprwstsdr
    actually check here, this link goes to the Electonica genre, all the various styles are listed below. You can have a lot of fun exploring.

    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=73:11605