Bad news and good news (mixed nnc content)
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Adventure Seeker
    Reputation: Peanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,114

    Bad news and good news (mixed nnc content)

    The severe weather has led to cancellation of day one of my first ms150. Sow now it's just ms83. All the hotels in la grange are booked - go figure.
    But the very good news happened before this, the 15th to be exact. In february I went to H&R' website and put in my tax info. It said I had to pay some 500 dollars to the IRS. Since I didn't have that money, I waited til the last day to do it. I decided to try TurboTax just in desperate hopes I'd have to pay less. The results were shockingly different - nearly $2700 refund! I'm back in the black!
    I'm going to get the last of the parts I want for my bike - chrome stem and aero 4 front and 6600 cassette.
    I've also got free accommodations near Lagrange too! And yesterday I got the top end sugoi shorts. I hope they're nice! That reminds me that I need to pay for my lounge bibs.
    I have a single track mind

  2. #2
    Shirtcocker
    Reputation: Bocephus Jones II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    60,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanya
    The severe weather has led to cancellation of day one of my first ms150. Sow now it's just ms83. All the hotels in la grange are booked - go figure.
    But the very good news happened before this, the 15th to be exact. In february I went to H&R' website and put in my tax info. It said I had to pay some 500 dollars to the IRS. Since I didn't have that money, I waited til the last day to do it. I decided to try TurboTax just in desperate hopes I'd have to pay less. The results were shockingly different - nearly $2700 refund! I'm back in the black!
    I'm going to get the last of the parts I want for my bike - chrome stem and aero 4 front and 6600 cassette.
    I've also got free accommodations near Lagrange too! And yesterday I got the top end sugoi shorts. I hope they're nice! That reminds me that I need to pay for my lounge bibs.
    How could you have been that far off? That's why I pay someone to do mine.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

  3. #3
    Sticky Valentine
    Reputation: JoeDaddio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    28,404
    I had the same thing... I thought I was going to owe like $500 to the IRS and I'm getting back nearly $700.

    Rad.


    joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

  4. #4
    waterproof*
    Reputation: Creakyknees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41,598
    hey that's normal. every year I keep re-doing mine till I get the number I want.

    PO content: if it's ok for the gummint, it's ok for me!
    * not actually a Rock Star

  5. #5
    Sticky Valentine
    Reputation: JoeDaddio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    28,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    hey that's normal. every year I keep re-doing mine till I get the number I want.

    PO content: if it's ok for the gummint, it's ok for me!

    Should we go in on a printing press?


    joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

  6. #6
    Bikespace member
    Reputation: moschika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    How could you have been that far off? That's why I pay someone to do mine.
    /agreed

    these kinds of stories don't inspire confidence(i.e. audit in the future) in those programs. though i'm not sure my people are using anything different, it just feels and costs that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse D Smith
    You can always tell the guy that started his day with a proper shave versus the guy who started his day slappin' it to internet porn.

  7. #7
    Adventure Seeker
    Reputation: Peanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,114
    It doesn't inspire confidence in me either. But I did double-check all my info and the program checks it too.
    I have a single track mind

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.