• 03-11-2011
    BAi9302010
    Cadbury Creme Eggs are a racket
    They've obviously been reducing the size every year, but today I bought a couple and they were both only half full :frown2: They're up to .99c apiece when they're not on sale, for about as much candy as a single reeses peanut butter cup. I wouldn't mind the price increase so much if they weren't cutting corners on the eggs themselves.

On a similar note, Girl Scout cookies are also getting smaller, but at least they're for a good cause.
  • 03-11-2011
    danl1
    Sure, but they're nasty. Cutting the size and/or fill levels should be considered a public service.

By way of contrast, Cadbury Mini Eggs are little ovoids of heaven itself. And still the same size.
  • 03-11-2011
    JoeDaddio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by danl1
    Sure, but they're nasty. Cutting the size and/or fill levels should be considered a public service.

By way of contrast, Cadbury Mini Eggs are little ovoids of heaven itself. And still the same size.

I agree. They should be stuffed with Peeps and shot out to space.

joe
  • 03-11-2011
    JohnHenry
    Please send me all of your unwanted cadbury eggs.
  • 03-11-2011
    Andy69
    at least our government doesn't think we're too stupid to eat them, like they do with the Kinder Surprise egg.
  • 03-11-2011
    ttug
    1 Attachment(s)
    easter bunny
    Bawk bawk easter bunny

Bawk bawk
  • 03-11-2011
    Christine
    Girl Scout cookies don't actually make that much money for the girl scounts themselves. I think that "administrative" costs eat up a large chunk of it.

Love them creme eggs. Usually allow myself one/season. But if they're not BIG, kinda doesn't seem like the same candy.
  • 03-11-2011
    JohnHenry
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine
    Girl Scout cookies don't actually make that much money for the girl scounts themselves. I think that "administrative" costs eat up a large chunk of it.

Love them creme eggs. Usually allow myself one/season. But if they're not BIG, kinda doesn't seem like the same candy.

caramel eggs rule my face
  • 03-11-2011
    MerlinAma
    Quote:

................Love them creme eggs. Usually allow myself one/season. But if they're not BIG, kinda doesn't seem like the same candy.

I usually allow myself a "few" per season. :D
  • 03-11-2011
    Argentius
    People eat that stuff on purpose?
  • 03-11-2011
    MerlinAma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentius
    People eat that stuff on purpose?

Have you ever tried one?
  • 03-11-2011
    Argentius
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MerlinAma
    Have you ever tried one?

Yeah, I loved them when I was, you know, 8, and anything with sugar in it was good.

Now they're just... kind of slimy? And syrupy.
  • 03-11-2011
    MWPDX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentius
    Yeah, I loved them when I was, you know, 8, and anything with sugar in it was good.

Now they're just... kind of slimy? And syrupy.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
  • 03-11-2011
    snapdragen
    Cadbury eggs are disgusting.
  • 03-11-2011
    danl1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

joe

That would be a waste. We can reuse the Peeps to ship bike parts.
  • 03-11-2011
    dysfunction
    Quote:

I believe that there's actually a substantial percentage that stays in the council level and below, counci has costs that derive from overhead on programs and facilites (along with payroll etc), from there the service unit gets some, then the troop does. I'd actually asked this of my wife not too long ago. She's pretty buried into the service unit end of things, along with the troop level.
  • 03-11-2011
    Christine
    That's why one/season works for me- even with an extreme sweet tooth, they are shockingly sweet as I get older.
  • 03-11-2011
    fsdork
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdragen
    Cadbury eggs are disgusting.

Snap is correct. Also, Mini Eggs are phenomenal.
  • 03-11-2011
    shoegazer
    Homemade Cadbury Eggs
    They're actually fairly easy to make yourself & are amazing!
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Home...ry-Creme-Eggs/
  • 03-11-2011
    real stonie
    I love creme eggs and peeps....but I haven't had any sugar or caffeine for over a month and ingesting either at this point would wire my azz for a week.
  • 03-12-2011
    Touch0Gray
    candy should all be caffeinated..........
  • 03-12-2011
    Opus51569
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Touch0Gray
    candy should all be caffeinated..........

+eleventy...

Cadbury needs an espresso egg....
  • 03-12-2011
    nOOky
    Nice. I'm counting calories and watching what I eat, and I can't even think about stuff like Easter candy and I get all owly and growly. I do love them, normally.
  • 03-12-2011
    Touch0Gray
    piggy backing on that, all vitamin pills should be caffeinated so they FEEL like they are effective IMMEDIATELY!
  • 03-12-2011
    Bullvine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

joe

You don't like peeps?
    I like my peeps, there better if a little stale I find also they are amazing in the microwave
    It's a good way to make a giant peep monster yum.

I get 2 packs a year 1 Easter peeps and 1 Holloween peeps.

What the hay a truck bus or car will finally take me out long before a few peeps a year does:p