Cell Phone decisions.... I am looking for a new phone with Cingular
    RoadBikeReview Member

Cell Phone decisions.... I am looking for a new phone with Cingular

I am about to add a line on my account for my brother in law and I am planning on giving him my old phone and keeping the new phone for myself.

I like flip phones because I greatly prefer to keep the phone in my pocket and don't want any accidental dialing and hate using LOCK and UNLOCK functions.

Currently, I rarely text or email from my phone, but I would like my new phone to be very email friendly and have the capability to open office attachments like Microsoft Word if possible.

I would like to use this phone as a PDA for appointments and contact information.

Internet access in a pinch would be nice but not needed or heavily used.

Obviously I want something with good reception and doesn't drop calls all the time.

I am on Cingular and have a good plan that I am satisfied with so I would like something available from Cingular....

Any help??
    Tyler, you are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met.

Lt.
    Brooklyn to Manhattan
    This thread is more appropiate in The Lounge section.

Anyway, look into the Cingular 8525 that launched to the public last week.

Here is one of many reviews.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt.
    This thread is more appropiate in The Lounge section.

Anyway, look into the Cingular 8525 that launched to the public last week.

Here is one of many reviews.

The 8525 would be perfect but it is a lot more expensive than I was looking for. I looked into it and the 8125 would be plenty of phone for me but still more than I wanted to spend. I would prefer to spend about $100 after all discounts and such.... anyone got a used one they are interested in selling?
    Tyler, you are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met.

All I wanted was a Pepsi!
    May I suggest you talk to eggshell's wife? You know she works for cingular (or something), right?
    "If you have the guts to be yourself, other people'll pay your price." - Rabbit Angstrom

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Unless you absolutely must, stay away from Windows based devices. Not only does the battery life suck, they're very crash prone.

If email is your main app, Blackberry is the way to go. There's a reason they rule the roost. They open Word and Excel files, PDFs and a few others. The browser isn't bad at all, especially if you have EDGE service. The battery on my 8700g lasts for a few days (hasn't been charged since Friday and is showing 80% right now) and I have no complaints about the reception. I have a few issues with it -- no external memory, the keys on the 8700 are harder for me to type on -- but overall I'm very happy with it.

supervillain

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    If email is your main app, Blackberry is the way to go. There's a reason they rule the roost. They open Word and Excel files, PDFs and a few others. The browser isn't bad at all, especially if you have EDGE service. The battery on my 8700g lasts for a few days (hasn't been charged since Friday and is showing 80% right now) and I have no complaints about the reception. I have a few issues with it -- no external memory, the keys on the 8700 are harder for me to type on -- but overall I'm very happy with it.

+1 etc,

Pixie Sticks and Politics
    I had a Crackberry before. Worked pretty good too. Now I don't have the electronic leash. Life is good!
    I want to know why Hemingway cracked. Sometimes truth is stanger than fiction.