Civil War Spoilers

Printable View

  • 05-09-2016
    SauronHimself
    Civil War Spoilers
    1. Lee surrenders at the Appamattox courthouse.
    2. Lincoln gets assassinated by John Wilkes Booth.
  • 05-09-2016
    wgscott
    The South loses but maintains a huge influence on the nation's political landscape and racial equality, while constantly whining about States Rights (code words for the "right" to keep black people in chains).
  • 05-09-2016
    10ae1203
    Weevils spoil the hardtack, also.
  • 05-09-2016
    bobf
    - Despite widespread expectations, nothing was over by Christmas 1861.

    - Over 700000 died.

    - Humankind went on to fight even larger wars.
  • 05-09-2016
    hfc
    Well to be somewhat anal Lee surrendered at Appomattox Courthouse but not at the courthouse. It was a little community near Appomattox.

    Interesting fact and I'm sure he would like to have had this spoiler. The guy who's house they used to sign the surrender had moved there from Manassas after his farm was destroyed in the battle of Bull Run.
  • 05-09-2016
    JaeP
    I hope the good guys won.
  • 05-09-2016
    Blue CheeseHead
    To insure Lee could not go home, the Union buried soldiers on Lee's Virginia farm. We now know it as Arlington National Cemetery.
  • 05-09-2016
    old_fuji
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Blue CheeseHead View Post
    To insure Lee could not go home, the Union buried soldiers on Lee's Virginia farm. We now know it as Arlington National Cemetery.

    It was actually his wife's, wasn't it?
  • 05-10-2016
    The Weasel
    Drunk guy wins it for the north! Gets elected President.
  • 05-10-2016
    Chain
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
    The South loses but maintains a huge influence on the nation's political landscape and racial equality, while constantly whining about States Rights (code words for the "right" to keep black people in chains).


    I was given this a a present. It was very interesting to listen to. Highly recommend it to anybody thinking the war was all about keeping people in chains.. American Civil War | The Great Courses
  • 05-10-2016
    Blue CheeseHead
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    It was actually his wife's, wasn't it?

    Yes, but it was also his home.
  • 05-10-2016
    SystemShock
    I thought Captain America was gonna be in this thread. :(
  • 05-10-2016
    Blue CheeseHead
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    Drunk guy wins it for the north! Gets elected President.

    Given our choices today, a drunk doesn't sound so bad.
  • 05-10-2016
    DaveG
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Blue CheeseHead View Post
    Given our choices today, a drunk doesn't sound so bad.

    Given the choices we have I plan on doing a lot more drinking
  • 05-10-2016
    kiwisimon
    General Lee is still being chased by Cletus.
  • 05-10-2016
    nOOky
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    I thought Captain America was gonna be in this thread. :(

    We left before the end credits and missed the 2 sneak peaks, that dang liter of Diet Coke.
  • 05-10-2016
    SauronHimself
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    We left before the end credits and missed the 2 sneak peaks, that dang liter of Diet Coke.

    Just get a large, Farva.
  • 05-11-2016
    SPlKE
    Confederate soldiers are often heard singing the song "Goober Peas" celebrating the deliciousness of the humble peanut. Some observers detect a hint of sarcasm.
  • 05-11-2016
    JaeP
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    I thought Captain America was gonna be in this thread. :(

    Capt. America was in the wrong. Just because someone pulled you out of a river when you were little kids doesn't give you a pass on being a murderer. This is the movie Bat Vs. Sup should've been. I think Spidey stole the show!

    Don't the Duke boys still have the General Lee?
  • 05-11-2016
    SPlKE
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JaeP View Post
    Capt. America was in the wrong. Just because someone pulled you out of a river when you were little kids doesn't give you a pass on being a murderer. This is the movie Bat Vs. Sup should've been. I think Spidey stole the show!

    Don't the Duke boys still have the General Lee?

    The Duke boys changed the name of the car. They call it the Harriet Tubman.
  • 05-11-2016
    bobf
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    The Duke boys changed the name of the car. They call it the Harriet Tubman.

    xcllnt! :thumbsup: