RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098084/

saved by small size that allowed all of body to "freeze" at the same time... but no... don't sleep with it free to roam the house.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Amazing story. They are incredible and ferociously resilient beasts. We love out Maine Coon and Russian Blue.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Fluffy will hold a grudge against her owners for not letting her in for the rest of her 8 remaining lives.

Seat's not level
    She has since been renamed Frostbite...
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

feelin' Freddie Mercury

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    Fluffy will hold a grudge against her owners for not letting her in for the rest of her 8 remaining lives.
    No doubt. Our boys all stay indoors safe. Nothing but trouble outside.

RoadBikeReview Member
    When I was a kid we camped regularly in the high Sierras. One time I captured two chipmunks and had them in a cage. That night we went to sleep in our tent. My parents forced me to keep the chipmunks in their cage outside. The temperature that night dropped below freezing.

The next morning I found the chipmunks obviously dead as they were frozen stiff. I talked my folks to allow me to put the two of them on top of a very warm radiating heat surface. After X amount of time one of the critters "thawed out" and became responsive and then totally back to normal. His mate remained frozen stiff from death itself.

I let the revived guy loose and back to his home, wherever that is.

Russian Troll Farmer
    That picture reminds me of my old cat Morris-he was a long-haired orange tabby Manx, poly-dactyl that DEMANDED to be let out every day, regardless of weather. One very cold and snowy day, he stayed out longer than usual, and came back in, trudging over the snow (6 toes made it easier for him to keep from breaking through...) looking pretty much like this. We didn't let him out again until spring thaw.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

What the what???

Cold Cat Fluffy Lives!!

When I was a kid, we had a cat named “Frat”. Frat got it’s name because one day it did something to piss off my mother and she started to yell “f**king cat” but at the last second she saw my brother and I were standing there... so “f**king cat” came out “frat” instead and the name stuck.

Anywhoo. Frat was a well cared for indoor cat, but every once in a while Frat would try to dart out the door. My mother would usually catch it and say “It’s a baaad world out there, Frat.”

One winter we got an unusually heavy snow (Northern VA), nearly 2 feet. School was closed for days and we slowly drove mom crazy. Mom opened the door for something and Frat tried to run out. Mom had had enough. She grabbed the cat just as it got to the door, picked it up by the scruff of the neck and said, “You want out? Out you go.”

With that, she tossed the cat into the yard where it landed on... and completely disappeared into... a huge snowbank. We were sure Mom had just killed Frat. Then, suddenly, the cat exploded out of the edge of the snowbank and sprinted to the door back into the house. As it ran past my mother, she calmly said, “I told you, it’s a baaad world out there, Frat.”

That cat never tried to run outside again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy... wait.

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    When I was a kid, we had a cat named “Frat”. Frat got it’s name because one day it did something to piss off my mother and she started to yell “f**king cat” but at the last second she saw my brother and I were standing there... so “f**king cat” came out “frat” instead and the name stuck.

Anywhoo. Frat was a well cared for indoor cat, but every once in a while Frat would try to dart out the door. My mother would usually catch it and say “It’s a baaad world out there, Frat.”

One winter we got an unusually heavy snow (Northern VA), nearly 2 feet. School was closed for days and we slowly drove mom crazy. Mom opened the door for something and Frat tried to run out. Mom had had enough. She grabbed the cat just as it got to the door, picked it up by the scruff of the neck and said, “You want out? Out you go.”

With that, she tossed the cat into the yard where it landed on... and completely disappeared into... a huge snowbank. We were sure Mom had just killed Frat. Then, suddenly, the cat exploded out of the edge of the snowbank and sprinted to the door back into the house. As it ran past my mother, she calmly said, “I told you, it’s a baaad world out there, Frat.”

That cat never tried to run outside again.

In this context... 'Frat' can also stand for 'frozen cat'.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind