Corona virus numbers

Printable View

• 04-13-2020
    Marc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    So, my county, still no new cases. The other county? 3 new cases, over the last 3 days (I did not look for three days).

So I reset my clock to day 0.

3Days ago my Nebraska was 568 confirmed cases. Yesterday, almost 800. Glad our Mr. Potato Head is talking about opening up businesses again.
  • 04-13-2020
    Retro Grouch
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    3Days ago my Nebraska was 568 confirmed cases. Yesterday, almost 800. Glad our Mr. Potato Head is talking about opening up businesses again.

My concern is the lack of uniformity as each governor opens his or her state when a neighboring governor is not ready to take the plunge in kind. Will this result in roadblocks at a state lines? How do you account for worker having to commute to a job in a neighboring state or even the perception of the feeble-minded that since state X is open, the virus must be gone over there, so let's take off this silly mask and go shopping or eat at a restaurant.

Without vaccination or testing to prove you now have the antibodies, doubt will hamper a nationwide economic recovery.
  • 04-13-2020
    harryman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Without vaccination or testing to prove you now have the antibodies, doubt will hamper a nationwide economic recovery.

We're also basing decisions on data with gaping big holes in it. I know a nurse who went to a dinner party in mid March with 11 other people, 6 couples. 11 out of the 12 got sick, they brought it home to their kids, who also became sick, everyone had varying symptoms, some very mild, a few bad. She had a rough ride, 16 days with a fever, and because she was a nurse, was able to be tested. No one else could get a test. She tested positive and was the first in her small town to do so, and was the only data point collected out of all those. Any guesses on how many others had the virus?
  • 04-13-2020
    Marc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    My concern is the lack of uniformity as each governor opens his or her state when a neighboring governor is not ready to take the plunge in kind. Will this result in roadblocks at a state lines? How do you account for worker having to commute to a job in a neighboring state or even the perception of the feeble-minded that since state X is open, the virus must be gone over there, so let's take off this silly mask and go shopping or eat at a restaurant.

My business is live productions. One of the contracts here back in February cut his thrust-riser into the arena-mosh-pit due to COVID fears back in February. We were fielding calls of artists postponing/cancelling contracts the first week of March. By the second week of March everything thru May had been moved or cut. Mr. Potato Head STILL hasn't issued a stay-at-home order.

My biz is contingent on interstate travel....and more importantly on Talent willing to risk their health for a paycheck that many don't really need to live off of to pay their bills. Mr. Potato Head could declare the state open tomorrow or next month--it in no way means the Talent that cause the business will actually be willing to return to doing their contracts--and thereby bring me out of unemployed status.

Of course....unless you're in an ICU or have insurance and a doctor saying "get a COVID test NOW", in Nebraska, you're not getting tested.
  • 05-16-2020
    NZ 59
    Hi Guys down here at the bottom of the South Pacific in New Zealand we have come out the pandemic in very good shape ,the governments planed lock down and staged return to normality has worked three weeks ago construction workers , trades and manufacturing went back to work had to keep 1 meter away from each other seems to be working out well .Last Thursday retail opened up ,again social distancing in shops of 1 meter ,restaurants and cafes have spaced the tables out , Bars ,Pubs and Night Clubs will be opening next Thursday the 21st .We must fill in basic information (name phone number ) as we enter shops,restaurants , places of work for tracking and tracing in case there's another out brake .
    Here's the numbers
    1498 cases
    21 deaths
    94% recovered
    0 new cases in the last 5 days
    We have our freedom of movement back and life is good ! the boarders are still closed and anyone entering the country must go into 14 days isolation .
    the economy has taken a big hit but that we can fix with good old hard work .
    We have got though this pandemic and the new normal is good ,hang in there you guys will get though it too and the world will be better prepared for the next major pandemic
    Stay Safe Stay Well guys
  • 05-16-2020
    tlg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ 59 View Post
    Hi Guys down here at the bottom of the South Pacific in New Zealand we have come out the pandemic in very good shape ,the governments planed lock down and staged return to normality has worked three weeks ago construction workers , trades and manufacturing went back to work had to keep 1 meter away from each other seems to be working out well .Last Thursday retail opened up ,again social distancing in shops of 1 meter ,restaurants and cafes have spaced the tables out , Bars ,Pubs and Night Clubs will be opening next Thursday the 21st .We must fill in basic information (name phone number ) as we enter shops,restaurants , places of work for tracking and tracing in case there's another out brake .
    Here's the numbers
    1498 cases
    21 deaths
    94% recovered
    0 new cases in the last 5 days
    We have our freedom of movement back and life is good ! the boarders are still closed and anyone entering the country must go into 14 days isolation .
    the economy has taken a big hit but that we can fix with good old hard work .
    We have got though this pandemic and the new normal is good ,hang in there you guys will get though it too and the world will be better prepared for the next major pandemic
    Stay Safe Stay Well guys

Leadership
    https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...ng?format=300w

Non-Leadership
    https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...ng?format=300w
  • 06-01-2020
    NZ 59
    Hi Guys just a quick update from the bottom of the world
    we have gone 10 days with no new cases ,no more deaths and only 1 active case
    the numbers : 1504 cases
    22 dead
    0 in hospital
    1 active case in the whole country
    Our Government did very well, not always right ,but they were learning as they went ,they learnt from there's and other's mistakes . The out come has be better than we could have ever hoped for .
    we still have social distancing 1m (3ft) and no more than 100 people at a gathering ,we can live with that .
    On the 8th of June we'll have another update from the government and maybe a lifting of the last few restrictions .Stay safe stay well guys there is an end to C19 we'll all get there one day
  • 06-10-2020
    NZ 59
    Hi Guys
    We have done it ! there is no active cases of corona virus in New Zealand we are back to normal ,the boarders are still closed and anyone arriving in the country must go into 14 days quarantine .the economy is in a lot better shape than than we thought it would be so it should recover quickly ....now waiting for the next one, Flue season, this shouldn't be to bad this year as most people got the flue shot at the start of winter .
    stay safe stay well guys it will be over before you know it :-})
  • 06-10-2020
    Opus51569
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ 59 View Post
    it will be over before you know it :-})

Not unless your President happens to be a naturalized American citizen and chooses to run for President here...
  • 06-10-2020
    nayr497
    I'm happy for ya'll in NZ. But, the U.S. and NZ couldn't be more different in just about every way. Population size, leadership, ability of citizens to listen to public health officials...ubiquity of military-grade guns, ginned up ideas of personal freedom related to the ultimate "Americanness"...to name a few.

Also, I'm an American and lived in NZ for awhile. The sheer location of the two islands is also a major factor. The U.S. borders two other nations.
  • 06-10-2020
    Jay Strongbow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post

Also, I'm an American and lived in NZ for awhile. The sheer location of the two islands is also a major factor. The U.S. borders two other nations.

No coincidence that Hawaii is nothing like the continental States statistically either.
  • 06-10-2020
    bvber
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post
    But, the U.S. and NZ couldn't be more different in just about every way.

Even the states within US that are very different from one another.
  • 06-10-2020
    DaveG
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    No coincidence that Hawaii is nothing like the continental States statistically either.

I believe that we have eradicated COVID in American Samoa