Corvette burnout fail
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ricardo Cabeza

Corvette burnout fail

you can fix a car, but you can't fix stupid.

http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4880609
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    And not a soul tried to stop him while he was doing it, though it was really obvious that he was toasting his transmission. The smell must have been awful.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

Anti-Hero
    Ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboy389
    And not a soul tried to stop him while he was doing it, though it was really obvious that he was toasting his transmission. The smell must have been awful.
    I was waiting for any of those guys to start waving their arms, and flag him off...Oooops.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

I want a Road Bike :)
    that was not the tires...

ha ha ha ha ha...
    poast count +1
    But .... a long NNC session and jerkin' the gherkin to some old-school pr0n... not necessarily in that order. Much cheaper than H&B. JustTooBig
    mtymxdh is right... you have been scammed my dear. Creakyknees

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    BWahahahahahahaha, wonder if that will show up on the car fax report. Jerks!
    Just fast enough to know I am slow.

Rep *****.
    Warning: potty mouth

I want a Road Bike :)
    who's going to poast "Mom Burnout Gone Wrong"??
    poast count +1
    But .... a long NNC session and jerkin' the gherkin to some old-school pr0n... not necessarily in that order. Much cheaper than H&B. JustTooBig
    mtymxdh is right... you have been scammed my dear. Creakyknees

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I was waiting for any of those guys to start waving their arms, and flag him off...Oooops.
    The camera guy even went to the other side of the car to see that none of the wheels were spinning.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by Turt99
    The camera guy even went to the other side of the car to see that none of the wheels were spinning.
    That's where the stupidity was a group effort. Walking IN FRONT of that car? Dumb, dumb dumb dumb dumb.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Beetpull DeLite
    I watched that yesterday, giggling the whole time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    I just hope it was his car...

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69
    Walking IN FRONT of that car? Dumb, dumb dumb dumb dumb.
    Not just once, but TWICE.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Beetpull DeLite
    I like this better:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboy389
    I'm guessing he fried the clutch. The tranny is at the back of the car.

I guess they forgot that the car has traction control and ABS - one or both of which would have locked up the brakes.

Moderatus Puisne
    Yeeeeee-haaww!

Or, whatever the equivalent is, in Swedish.

Rep *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHankey
    The tranny is at the back of the car.
    Srsly?

Beetpull DeLite
    Quote Originally Posted by firstrax
    Srsly?
    Weight distribution.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstrax
    Srsly?
    I dont think he meant that kind of Tranny. He meant transmission.

The clutch is a piece of cake in that car. The problem is getting the driveline uncovered. The bottom of that car is basically smooth.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by RHankey
    I'm guessing he fried the clutch. The tranny is at the back of the car.

I guess they forgot that the car has traction control and ABS - one or both of which would have locked up the brakes.
    I can't imagine the clutch is the weakest link among the clutch, traction control, and brakes. I would think the traction control would let the wheels lose traction before the clutch was destroyed.

After thinking this over, I can't imagine GM engineers wouldn't think anyone would attempt a burnout with that car. Any engineering blunder like the traction control overriding the wheelspin and destroying the clutch instead would have been uncovered a log time ago. I suspect this video actually shows some kind of hardware failure possibly caused by repeated abuse of the car.

Those guys are still a bunch of stupid rich kids thpugh

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69
    I can't imagine the clutch is the weakest link among the clutch, traction control, and brakes. I would think the traction control would let the wheels lose traction before the clutch was destroyed.

After thinking this over, I can't imagine GM engineers wouldn't think anyone would attempt a burnout with that car. Any engineering blunder like the traction control overriding the wheelspin and destroying the clutch instead would have been uncovered a log time ago. I suspect this video actually shows some kind of hardware failure possibly caused by repeated abuse of the car.

Those guys are still a bunch of stupid rich kids thpugh
    If you force a burnout in any car equiped with traction control and ABS, you are going to fry something - most likely the brakes, clutch or torque converter, while the safety systems attempt to do their job perfectly. The brakes in this vette, obviously were in better condition than the clutch/torque converter.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    As Bugs used to say, what a maroon....
    Wait for me at the top

Overtaxed RBR member
    That clutch was probably toast before they attempted that. It spun a bit , then the clutch let go. Idiot has more $$$ than driving ability. $2500 clutch job not counting the tow.
    ....work is something I'm forced to do between riding and fishing

Not a rocket surgeon.
    The traction control was disabled. That is a drive by wire system and the ECU takes away the throttle to prevent wheel spin.
    FYI, Traction control and ABS use the same parts and sensors. If you have your foot on the brake and a wheel slides it goes into ABS mode. If you are on the throttle it goes into traction control.

Traction control cn be disabled at the drivers wish. ABS cant.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by A from Il
    The traction control was disabled. That is a drive by wire system and the ECU takes away the throttle to prevent wheel spin.
    FYI, Traction control and ABS use the same parts and sensors. If you have your foot on the brake and a wheel slides it goes into ABS mode. If you are on the throttle it goes into traction control.

Traction control cn be disabled at the drivers wish. ABS cant.
    perhaps he had the hand brake on

SuperAndy's Garage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast