COVID grooming and dress changes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Is COVID changing the way you dress and groom? I've been home for over a month now. I am only putting on pants to walk the dog! I had to order more lounge pants because I needed more "work clothes". I've given up on color coordination. I'm shaving every other day.

RoadBikeReview Member
    .. you've just described my post stroke routine. I'm a trend setter!!!!

half-fast
    I was not aware that there were lounge pants. I only have a jersey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    I'm "essential" and have been overseeing work at a construction site so no clothing changes changes for me. When I am in the office I'm either alone or with one other coworker and no supervisor even under normal conditions (f--- yeah) so our dress code is pretty lax anyway.

But I have been washing my hands like crazy and my normally dry skin is now like sandpaper. I'm surprised skin moisturizer isn't flying off the shelves as fast as TP.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    I'm "essential" and have been overseeing work at a construction site so no clothing changes changes for me. When I am in the office I'm either alone or with one other coworker and no supervisor even under normal conditions (f--- yeah) so our dress code is pretty lax anyway.

But I have been washing my hands like crazy and my normally dry skin is now like sandpaper. I'm surprised skin moisturizer isn't flying off the shelves as fast as TP.
    Ö so, no pants...

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Doing my own haircuts now. I've only needed one since this all started but I plan on sticking with it when this blows over.

Otherwise no changes. I was working from home before this started so those habits changed a couple years ago not now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    Doing my own haircuts now
    You do you!

Banned forever.....or not
    Pants optional......I'm growing a Van Dyke, and shaving the sides every 2 to 3 days.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    Pants optional......I'm growing a Van Dyke, and shaving the sides every 2 to 3 days.
    Sadly, I can't grow any kind if decent looking beard. It come it all multi-colored and ugly. Not even Bradley Wiggins mutton chops.

Darling of The Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Sadly, I can't grow any kind if decent looking beard. It come it all multi-colored and ugly. Not even Bradley Wiggins mutton chops.

I'm in the same boat. However, the hair on my head has the potential of morphing into an afro-like state very soon. I may let it go but can't decide whether to grow it out to a Colin Kaepernick or the classic Eraserhead.

Ricardo Cabeza

Is COVID changing the way you dress and groom? I've been home for over a month now. I am only putting on pants to walk the dog! I had to order more lounge pants because I needed more "work clothes". I've given up on color coordination. I'm shaving every other day.
    I only have 2 lounge shirts and 2 lounge pants. Since we only do laundry once a week I have to make them stretch. So I alternate days - Monday pants, Tuesday shirt, etc. seems to work except when I get too close to the windows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bought some new clothes at Macy*s early March, was told that if I waited until the 20th to take them home, I could get the sale price ("pre-sale" is the term, apparently.) I was like sure why not, weird but I didn't need them right away.

Sure enough, went back on the 20th, hoping it was open for pick-up like restaurants- nope. Completely locked up.

Shopping is not my thing, so I'm down to maybe two pairs of jeans without holes. No big deal, I can wear my "fat jeans" with the holes, they're very comfy. Since I'm no longer walking to the train (a guaranteed 2 miles or so/day) I'll need to make them last however......

Haven't worn makeup all week, which is a new record- used to wear it every day (it doubles as sunblock.) Not even bothering to put product in my hair- gotta wear a mask anyway when going out, so makeup is pointless.

Can't quite bring myself to wearing pajamas all day, still not at that point.

It's pretty sweet honestly.

We're no better than mice
    Is COVID changing the way you dress and groom? ...
    Nothing changed, i'm working everyday.
    Last edited by EverydayRide; 04-25-2020 at 03:15 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I typically dress pretty well, coordinated, a tie every day. Iím in a polo under the surgical coat now. Anything else gets too hot. Mask.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I bought some new clothes at Macy*s early March, was told that if I waited until the 20th to take them home, I could get the sale price ("pre-sale" is the term, apparently.) I was like sure why not, weird but I didn't need them right away.

Sure enough, went back on the 20th, hoping it was open for pick-up like restaurants- nope. Completely locked up.

Shopping is not my thing, so I'm down to maybe two pairs of jeans without holes. No big deal, I can wear my "fat jeans" with the holes, they're very comfy. Since I'm no longer walking to the train (a guaranteed 2 miles or so/day) I'll need to make them last however......

Haven't worn makeup all week, which is a new record- used to wear it every day (it doubles as sunblock.) Not even bothering to put product in my hair- gotta wear a mask anyway when going out, so makeup is pointless.

Can't quite bring myself to wearing pajamas all day, still not at that point.

It's pretty sweet honestly.
    Now that lounge pants are my work clothes I decided two weeks ago I needed more. Went online and lots of places were sold out. I ordered some from Amazon. When I ordered them Amazon had a banner saying they were prioritizing shipments based on criticality, which I was fine with. After about a week they were marked shipped. And then nothing. Looks like they are in a warehouse in COVID central in northern New Jersey. Not sure if the warehouse is shut down or FEDEX is afraid to go there. Times are so desperate I might have to wear real pants. That's rough

Master debator.
    Still working so things stay the same. I did shave my head with a number 3, but I usually crop it short when it starts to get warm out anyway.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    Still working so things stay the same. I did shave my head with a number 3, but I usually crop it short when it starts to get warm out anyway.
    My wife had to cut my hair last week, she hasn't done it in several years. I'm a #3 all over, so it's easy. But I really miss Great Clips. In and out in less than 20 minutes, they do a better job, and best of all, no hair clippings on me when I leave. Home haircut usually means shower immediately after for maximum comfort.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Retired so my clothes haven't changed really, but I am starting to look more like my early 20's hair style. Haven't resorted to cutting my own hair yet but may have to if they don't let shops open here soon so I don't end up with a pony tail or a hack job by me.
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

Frog Whisperer
    Jeans, hoodies and work boots, same as forever. I do not look in the mirror , so my hair is my wife's problem. She loves cutting hair but she is not good at it.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Russian Troll Farmer
    I went to my barber the day before he got shut down, so at least my hair still looks halfway decent.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    My wife had to cut my hair last week, she hasn't done it in several years. I'm a #3 all over, so it's easy. But I really miss Great Clips. In and out in less than 20 minutes, they do a better job, and best of all, no hair clippings on me when I leave. Home haircut usually means shower immediately after for maximum comfort.
    Similar here. I do a #2 all round, plus I have a lot of bald. My wife cut my hair for a couple of years until one time I was going on a business trip and needed a cut so I went to the barber in my work building. After that I kept on going there which made my wife happy. Now she is back to cutting my hair

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I dress exactly the same except, I have overcloths/shoes/gloves in the car for any shopping, they go on getting out of the car, they come off going into the car.
    BANNED

Russian Troll Farmer
    It's too late in the year to start a beard, so instead I'm letting my sideburns grow, all the way down to my jaw line. Going for that 70's look!
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Misfit Toy
    I cut my own bangs....they still bother me. I may let my nephew use his clippers on me...what the hell, I've been bald before.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    what the hell, I've been bald before.
    Pics or it didn't happen...

Pajama shorts and t-shirts most days. Went to do some car shopping a few days ago and actually had to put on pants to look moderately respectable. Damn that felt odd. As far as personal grooming is concerned I've been showering regularly and shaving everything (face and head) for a while now, so nothing new there.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast