A day off.... almost
    Seat's not level

A day off.... almost

I took Monday off work with the intention of finishing my daughters playhouse. A few weeks ago I made the mistake of telling my wife I was taking the day off. By the time Monday rolls around she has scheduled my afternoon for me.

Crap. I had planned on getting out the saws, air compressor and getting to it at 8am. Now I've been given the opportunity to take my daughter up to daycare. There goes a half hour. Also, BTW, I told her piano teacher that she can make the 3pm group lesson. Also, BTW, they are having an open house at the grade school at 4 and she really wants to go and BTW, her individual piano lesson is at 5. If you can drop her off, I can pick her up so it doesn't mess with her day.

Okay. No biggie to pick up the daugher from daycare at 2:45 and get her to lessons at 3. School open house, crap I need to take a shower. Need to get everything put away at 2:30 (threatening rain) and take a quick shower so I don't stink up the school. Pick up the daugher, drop her off at piano for an hour. I can run to the bank and to Home Depot to pick up some screen and a couple more clamps. Not bad. Pick her back up at 4 and off to the school. At the school, listen to the blah, blah, blah.. ribbon cutting and talk to parents for an hour. Daughter and her friend decide to play hide and seek with the parents 3 minutes before we leave. Find the little chit just in time to get her out the door and to round 2 of piano.

All done. Head back home. Pull out the table saw, the chop saw and set up the air compressor. drip.....drip.....drip..... BBBBOOOOOOM !. Crap rain. Put everthing away....

The playhouse isn't done. Not even close. Somehow 3 little errands took up about 3 hours of time working on the playhouse. Wife didn't understand why nothing got done...

Next time I'm not telling her when I'm taking a day off to do something I want to get done.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

RoadBikeReview Member
    1 Minute Ago

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain
    I took Monday off work with the intention of finishing my daughters playhouse. ...yadda yadda yadda...Next time I'm not telling her when I'm taking a day off to do something I want to get done.

Sometimes lessons are learned in strange places, grasshopper. WTH is it with the wimmins? They want the project done, but then when you block time to do it, it all of a sudden becomes 'convenient' for you to do the other stuff? Women, like nature apparently abhor a vacuum.

I don't get it, but have done exactly as you suggest in the last sentence and it is amazing what can be accomplished on the sly. Though I would never run a power tool outside before 9, except in revenge for noisy college neighbors.

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by nodima
    Sometimes lessons are learned in strange places, grasshopper. WTH is it with the wimmins? They want the project done, but then when you block time to do it, it all of a sudden becomes 'convenient' for you to do the other stuff? Women, like nature apparently abhor a vacuum.

I don't get it, but have done exactly as you suggest in the last sentence and it is amazing what can be accomplished on the sly. Though I would never run a power tool outside before 9, except in revenge for noisy college neighbors.
    Every roof in our neighborhood is being replaced. The roofers start at 8am. So my little nailer isn't even close to competing with their air guns.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

RoadBikeReview Member
    [IMG]http://www.hotlikesauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/9.21.09-Epic-Fail-Seriously-How-The-****-Did-You-Manage-That.jpg[/IMG]
    DFL>DNF>DNS

By the time you get home you won't remember why you didn't want to get off the couch.
    ---Val Garou

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by FishrCutB8
    [IMG]http://www.hotlikesauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/9.21.09-Epic-Fail-Seriously-How-The-****-Did-You-Manage-That.jpg[/IMG]