Eddie Money vs Eddie Rabbit, the hits
    had it in the ear before

Eddie Money vs Eddie Rabbit, the hits

Ok Mr Rabbit is a lil more country and Mr Money is a lil more rock n roll but they both had awesome hair in the late 70's/early 80's and huge radio hits. ER had a great duet smash w/ Crystal Gayle in "You and I" but EM blazed the charts w/ Ronnie Spector in "Take me home tonight/be my baby". ER's rockin travelin tune "I Love a Rainy Night" and "Driving my life away" surely gives "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Shakin" a challenge IMHO but Money's "Walk on Water" and the countryish "Gimme some water" drown the rest of ER's lame ballads.....discuss.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

Done
    Mar 2002

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by gutfiddle View Post
    Ok Mr Rabbit is a lil more country and Mr Money is a lil more rock n roll but they both had awesome hair in the late 70's/early 80's and huge radio hits. ER had a great duet smash w/ Crystal Gayle in "You and I" but EM blazed the charts w/ Ronnie Spector in "Take me home tonight/be my baby". ER's rockin travelin tune "I Love a Rainy Night" and "Driving my life away" surely gives "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Shakin" a challenge IMHO but Money's "Walk on Water" and the countryish "Gimme some water" drown the rest of ER's lame ballads.....discuss.
    Eddie Rabbit:

PRO:

Dead. Always a good career move. Ask Elvis (metaphorically speaking, of course).

Buying his records means that you have something in common with millions of other music fans.

Catchy tunes.

CON:

Stupid name. Rabbit? Images of cute little bunnies are hardly hard core here in the US of A. "Edward Lepus"? Maybe "Edvard Häschen" for the German fans.

Buying his records means that you have something in common with millions of other fans, like grannies and shut-ins.

Catchy tunes, as in "catchy" like a venereal disease, and just as socially acceptable.

Eddie Money:

PRO:

Name: Can you get any more '80s? "Eddie Money:" this was the name that John Mellencamp wanted before he got stuck with "Cougar."

Former NYPD police officer. Ditto his father, grandfather, and brother.

A couple of really kick-ass songs that get played a lot on oldies stations.

The video for the single "Shakin'" featured actress/model Patricia Kotero, better known as Apollonia, as the female doing the "shakin". She would later go on to co-star in the film Purple Rain. Good enough for Prince, good enough for you. And certainly good enough for all those horny 14 years olds back in the '80s who were dragging themselves through puberty watching videos on MTV.

CON:

Didn't age well. Went from zero to paunchy Irishman in 23 years.

Goofy grin. Check that: Goofy leer. That's definitely a leer.

I say that the win goes to Eddie Money.

This is my favorite....

This one was nominated for "Best Cameo Role For A '50s Nash" -

The infamous "Shakin'"

Last edited by Gregory Taylor; 10-11-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    It's Been Fun...See You Down The Road.

Non non normal
    "I love a rainy night" makes me want to jab ball point pens into my ears.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

had it in the ear before
    Excellent synopsis as always, i was hoping you would chime in....

Some other mentionables about Eddie Rabitt is that he wrote "Every Which Way But Loose" featured in the Clint Eastwood movie and undoubtedly the best movie w/ an orangutan. He also wrote "Kentucky Rain" and "Pure Love" and had the kind of feathered mullet 80's ladies loved to run their fingers thru....

Eddie Money could have burned out instead of faded away....
    "In 1982, nearly a year and a half later, Money discussed the entire incident with Rolling Stone reporter Greg Hoffman. At a party one night back in 1980, after drinking heavily, the singer snorted a substance on a mirror that was being passed around the room. Money assumed it was cocaine, but it was really a synthetic barbiturate. He nodded off and spent the next 14 hours lying on his leg, severely damaging a nerve. The incident also brought temporary impairment of his kidney function. The ordeal helped Money look at his lifestyle a bit more closely. "I can’t believe I was hanging out with and respecting people who let me lay dying for fourteen hours," he told Hoffman"
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

Just Plain Bitter
    I gotta go with Eddie Money for the win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

Done
    Mar 2002

Wink

Excellent synopsis as always, i was hoping you would chime in....
    Excellent topic. Personally, I don't think that too much emphasis can be placed on the importance of cool hair to a performer's success in the 1980's. Whether it was a mullet, mohawk, or Flock of Seagulls New Wave Rave, it all had to be cool. There is a Nobel Prize awaiting the anthropologist who can sort through and interpret all of the different hairstyles from the '80s, what they said about us as a culture, and their modern importance as one of the three fundamental leitmotifs (i.e., the disabled, cats, and big hair) for all internet-based sarcasm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    My money's on Money. He even did well with a couple slower ballady tunes. "I Wanna Go Back" makes me think of my college days. The clincher tho is his pseudo mocking himself appearance on King of Queens when they had to blow the money they won so their wives didn't know.

Back from the dead
    Eddie Money still tours and does a kick ass show. Eddie Rabbitt? Not so much.

"El Bwana"
    Eddie Money and Eddie Rabbitt were both born in Brooklyn, NY.
    "Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down on his luck?"

Done
    Mar 2002
    Where does Eddie And The Cruisers figure into this? No discussion of fictitious movie bands from the '80s is complete with out wrestling with their mighty musical legacy.

And since we are dealing with All Things Edward, what about -

Edward Van Halen
    Eddie From Ohio
    Nelson Eddy
    Eddie, the Iron Maiden Mascot
    Ed, Edd, and Eddy
    Mr. Ed

Not to mention, of course, the big Ed himself, Eddy Merckx.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Money for sure. Spent the night with my dad when he was working in OKC in 1981 (i was 11). He had a contract to fly and operate the state of Oklahoma teaching hospitals med-evac helicopter contract. We had dinner in the pilots trailer at helipad and watched movies. After I fell asleep he took a flight to pick up a 16 year old boy. As he flew in the dark problem in a fuel caused a night time engine failure. He survived, lucky to be alive, and told me that Eddie Rabbit was on the radio station when the engine went out and he didn't like him much.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

had it in the ear before
    Oh noes Eddie and the Cruisers?!? I'll have "on the darkside" stuck in my head all night!

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    I'm voting Eddie Money because Eddie Money opening for Steve Miller Band opening for the Eagles on the Hotel California tour was my very first concert. It was at Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati. Local band Spike with David T. Chastain (good jazz/fusion-based metal guitarist that just never seemed to find the right band to get above the underground) actually got the opening slot but wasn't officially billed... just filler music while the crowd gathered. It was also the first concert at Riverfront Stadium. I was 12 and went with my mom. I used to kinda think that was embarrassing when I was a teenager. Now it's one of the cool memories of mom that I cherish.

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    I'm voting Eddie Money because Eddie Money opening for Steve Miller Band opening for the Eagles on the Hotel California tour was my very first concert. It was at Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati. Local band Spike with David T. Chastain (good jazz/fusion-based metal guitarist that just never seemed to find the right band to get above the underground) actually got the opening slot but wasn't officially billed... just filler music while the crowd gathered. It was also the first concert at Riverfront Stadium. I was 12 and went with my mom. I used to kinda think that was embarrassing when I was a teenager. Now it's one of the cool memories of mom that I cherish.
    If i'm mtn bikin by myself I usually have some cowpunk on my mp3 player but since i was biking w/ other folks yesterday i decided to be social and not wear them, could not get the Eagles "Take it Easy" out of my head

your text here
    i hate when bad songs get stuck in my head on a ride.

a few years back someone at work played teh song "tshirt and panties." horrible song. even worse when stuck in your head and you are trying to ride a trail.

If i'm mtn bikin by myself I usually have some cowpunk on my mp3 player but since i was biking w/ other folks yesterday i decided to be social and not wear them, could not get the Eagles "Take it Easy" out of my head
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Eddie Money went to my high school...so no question for me. Money all the way.
    He played in a concert near me last year and I wanted to show up in my high school lacrosse jersey. I went riding instead.