Entertainment

Printable View

• 03-22-2006
    lousylegs
    Entertainment
    Okay, so this is a request for the rest of the loungers (and no it does not involve J's momma).

I am waiting for a ebay auction to end and the anxiety is killing me (well, that and the boredom of cubicleville), so what's the most entertaining thing you have done or seen in the past 2 weeks?
  • 03-22-2006
    Bocephus Jones II
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lousylegs
    Okay, so this is a request for the rest of the loungers (and no it does not involve J's momma).

I am waiting for a ebay auction to end and the anxiety is killing me (well, that and the boredom of cubicleville), so what's the most entertaining thing you have done or seen in the past 2 weeks?

learned to play The Clash's Clampdown at full volume on the kid's electric, went on a St. Pat's cruiser bike ride. I know...not too exciting.
  • 03-22-2006
    bonkmiester
    Quote:

... went camping w/ 46 cub scouts .... :eek:

... i need my head examined ...
  • 03-22-2006
    lousylegs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    learned to play The Clash's Clampdown at full volume on the kid's electric, went on a St. Pat's cruiser bike ride. I know...not too exciting.

actually, learnign to play a Clash song is pretty damn cool.

I don't own any of their music, but should get around to geting some.
  • 03-22-2006
    weapons grade chaos
    de-squirreled my attic
    Quote:

what's the most entertaining thing you have done or seen in the past 2 weeks?

it certainly wasnt FUN... but it entertained my roommate. and my friends after I told them about it.

they still seem to be gone. fingers crossed.
  • 03-22-2006
    eagleson520
    Just saw this on my way home from lunch. A very large woman in a power chair was going down the street. As she passed under a tree, some of the melting snow fell and hit her head and hand. She looks at me and says "I guess it's not safe to be under these trees. Sh*t, I just lit this cigarette too."
  • 03-22-2006
    Friction_Shifter
    went to topless bar about 2 weeks ago. only my 2nd time in 35 years.
  • 03-22-2006
    mohair_chair
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bonkmiester
    ... went camping w/ 46 cub scouts .... :eek:

... i need my head examined ...

How many did you come back with?
  • 03-22-2006
    lousylegs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by weapons grade chaos
    it certainly wasnt FUN... but it entertained my roommate. and my friends after I told them about it.

they still seem to be gone. fingers crossed.

Great, knowing that you are a poor college student, how about $50 bucks to desquirrel my attic?

huh, $50 can buy a h#ll of lot of PBR or Noxious Light.
  • 03-22-2006
    lousylegs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Friction_Shifter
    went to topless bar about 2 weeks ago. only my 2nd time in 35 years.

but what your not telling us is that the first time in 35 years was 3 weeks ago right?:D
  • 03-22-2006
    jptaylorsg
    Quote:

... And "Clampdown" comes on the iTuens shuffle right on cue. This kinda thing happens a lot to me.
    Love "Clampdown." Love to play it, too. Good one to crank.
  • 03-22-2006
    funknuggets
    Ugh, I can't believe my life has come to THIS
    All I can think of really is doing my taxes and put up a new garage door opener... and insulated the basement, and changed a headlight on my car.

hmmmm...
  • 03-22-2006
    weapons grade chaos
    think I'll pass
    Quote:

Great, knowing that you are a poor college student, how about $50 bucks to desquirrel my attic?

huh, $50 can buy a h#ll of lot of PBR or Noxious Light.

on the first hand if I needed it that bad I could get fitty bucks by whining at my mom or my sister (yea I'm spoiled, who cares) and on the second hand I swore off rodent nests after that first horrorshow and on the third hand I don't drink sh*tty beer and on the fourth hand, no. just... no.
  • 03-22-2006
    Bocephus Jones II
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eagleson520
    Just saw this on my way home from lunch. A very large woman in a power chair was going down the street. As she passed under a tree, some of the melting snow fell and hit her head and hand. She looks at me and says "I guess it's not safe to be under these trees. Sh*t, I just lit this cigarette too."

LOL! This is funny on so many different levels.
  • 03-22-2006
    lousylegs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by funknuggets
    All I can think of really is doing my taxes and put up a new garage door opener... and insulated the basement, and changed a headlight on my car.

hmmmm...

sounds like my life.
  • 03-22-2006
    Bocephus Jones II
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jptaylorsg
    ... And "Clampdown" comes on the iTuens shuffle right on cue. This kinda thing happens a lot to me.
    Love "Clampdown." Love to play it, too. Good one to crank.

and pretty easy to play for a beginner....A, D, G, A, d/A

still trying to work out the bridge though.

E E/G# A

What does it mean when it says E/G#? Do you slide from E to G#?

//strummer played a telecaster as well....
  • 03-22-2006
    Friction_Shifter
    Quote:

but what your not telling us is that the first time in 35 years was 3 weeks ago right?:D

actually my first time was about 15-17 years ago(ran into someone from my high school working the pole). My 3rd time will probably be soon though. "Amber" from Columbus Gold gave me VIP get in free cards last night at the hockey game.
  • 03-22-2006
    Bocephus Jones II
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Friction_Shifter
    actually my first time was about 15-17 years ago(ran into someone from my high school working the pole). My 3rd time will probably be soon though. "Amber" from Columbus Gold gave me VIP get in free cards last night at the hockey game.

I bet she told you that you're not like all the other guys that come in there. ;)
  • 03-22-2006
    bonkmiester
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    How many did you come back with?

... drum roll ...

touche!
  • 03-22-2006
    MR_GRUMPY
    "What's the most entertaining thing you have done or seen in the past 2 weeks?
    Raced three times.
  • 03-22-2006
    wayneanneli
    Definitely going ski touring with Anneli and the kids in the Swedish mountains. Great weather, terrific snow and the fun of seeing my kids improve on cross-country skis, especially on the downhills.
    Cheers, Wayne
  • 03-22-2006
    Friction_Shifter
    Quote:

I bet she told you that you're not like all the other guys that come in there. ;)

she didn't tell me that but I plan to show her.
  • 03-22-2006
    il sogno
    1 Attachment(s)
    I put on an old LP of Jefferson Airplane's "Surrealistic Pillow" the other day. Sat down at the piano and figured out "White Rabbit". Good song. :)
  • 03-22-2006
    Bocephus Jones II
    Quote:

Originally Posted by il sogno
    I put on an old LP of Jefferson Airplane's "Surrealistic Pillow", sat down at the piano and figured out "White Rabbit". Good song. :)

did you feed your head first? ;)
  • 03-22-2006
    il sogno
    Quote:

did you feed your head first? ;)

Nope, didn't feed my head. And didn't go chasin' rabbits neither. Had to shoo a kitty off the piano though... :)