Extreme tug of war aka Death Rope!!
    Shirtcocker

Extreme tug of war aka Death Rope!!

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=78968

This seems like it should have been a scene in a horror movie. Good thing they didn't tie the ropes around their necks.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

I drank what?
    yeah, sucks that those kids hurt themselves, hope they are able to repair the damage to their hands, but wrapping a rope around you hands during tug of war isn't the brightest move on the planet. Wonder why one of the organizer of the event did not stress not to do that.

But hey, they are in highschool and lord knows I did some stupid crap back then.
    q_and_a - "I don't really have an appropriate response for this situation" so you'll have to wait 30 seconds for a reply

Jan 2003
    There was a pic/video floating around the net a wile back about a tug of war at some picnic, or something, in Taiwan. It actually showed one of the participants getting their arm ripped off during a tug o' war. Nasty stuff.

Always changing.....
    They need to have performance enhancing drug testing policy at that school. [email protected]!

Burning Fists of Love

yup

Quote Originally Posted by jdolan2
    There was a pic/video floating around the net a wile back about a tug of war at some picnic, or something, in Taiwan. It actually showed one of the participants getting their arm ripped off during a tug o' war. Nasty stuff.
    Here is the link

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/disarmed.asp

Turns out 2 folks got their arms ripped right off.
    This old anvil has cracked alot of hammers

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Sophomore Jenni Kgerstad said it was a chaotic scene inside the school.

"Hearing it was pretty gross. There was like a lot of people screaming and just all blood flying everywhere and just people running out of the room," she said.
    like, OMG.
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

flinty-eyed moderator
    lolcats summarize my thoughts perfectly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.