First Vaca since the "Great Recession"... Italy. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by paredown View Post
    Views and food were better though...
    I'm not totally sure about the views in grey wet days but the food is one thing that's constant about Italy. Can't get enough of it.

Sweet Potato Kugel

I love warmth in a burning mind

Quote Originally Posted by Mapei View Post
    ... Does this result in a lack of character and virtue? Or does it allow people to concentrate more on building civilizations than on just trying to survive?
    Pope Julius II dictated those colours in the Sistine. Some sculpturer Mike gave his best with a limited amount of resources and support. That Mike guy had pneumonia most of his career on top of scaffolding conjuring up the heavens even though that guy Ralph and Braum hated his guts and wished him failure. Would he have done better using his own pallet, or LED lighting and central heating during those cold perriods? Would it have been better in a warmer climate with steadier natural lighting? No one can tell. I stopped thinking about those probabilities when Pisa continues to lean, or a guy on paper could slipt atoms, in a underground place, filling his roll desk full of unmailed lettres to friends discussing the weather. And the world drastically changed.

I believe the brain itself can feel no pain, completely isolated from the body, but the entire body depends upon the one thing that feels nothing but is in charge [no pun intended].

We are our dreams.

Something like that.
    Last edited by Eretz; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:42 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapei View Post
    Eretz, yeah I gotta say that the earth's climate is generally pretty nice in the latitudes of the lower-to-mid thirties. You just don't have to fight the weather as much. Does this result in a lack of character and virtue? Or does it allow people to concentrate more on building civilizations than on just trying to survive?
    Seeing how the industrial revolution and modernization took place in the areas of temperate climate, I've wondered about this too. The modern democracy is based on ancient Greek's political system. But then Scandinavia and Alps region, where it gets real cold, has some of the most developed nations in the world so it's not a clear cut case.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    Seeing how the industrial revolution and modernization took place in the areas of temperate climate, I've wondered about this too. The modern democracy is based on ancient Greek's political system. But then Scandinavia and Alps region, where it gets real cold, has some of the most developed nations in the world so it's not a clear cut case.

Yeah but, think about the first machine, a lever, simplier -the math - way before - well, way before a lot of stuff, like the ifone.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Instruments LOL
    Pythagorean triples have been known since ancient times. The oldest known record comes from Plimpton 322, a Babylonian clay tablet from about 1800 BC, written in a sexagesimal number system. It was discovered by Edgar James Banks shortly after 1900, and sold to George Arthur Plimpton in 1922, for $10.[2]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12