hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles

First World Problems Volume 28

I watched the first half of Full Metal Jacket on Amazon Prime, came back today to watch the rest and itís not in Prime anymore, have to pay.

Well, first half is the best part anyway.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    I watched the first half of Full Metal Jacket on Amazon Prime, came back today to watch the rest and itís not in Prime anymore, have to pay.

this is the entire movie to me

NSFW

For years, I've used Photobucket and Flickr for storage for free. Now, bucket slaps a watermark on free images and Flickr cuts you off at 1000 photos.... bastids!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014

This has been a big issue with all the streaming services.. especially Apple. You are complaining about the free version not being free anymore.. but it actually gets worse.

You can purchase the digital version (books, music, movies, hell even games).. which even though you paid for them.. vanish and you have no recourse, and you don't get refunded either. It's the nature of digital content, streaming rights and DRM. Amazon also pulled this crap with the Kindle.

Even though you bought and paid, if the company you purchased it from looses the right to stream it, unless you downloaded a physical copy (except with the Kindle) you lose it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    My company-provided cell phone isn't working right anymore and it's taking them a long time to replace it with something new!

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Yeah he really nailed the drill sergeant role. Jibes well with my recall of a marine DI getting in my face, except mine was from Brooklyn and never cursed, just said "doggone" which I found more frightening.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    My company-provided cell phone isn't working right anymore and it's taking them a long time to replace it with something new!
    Mine has been fritzy recently as well. They said they won't replace it at all and I have to deal with it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo View Post
    Mine has been fritzy recently as well. They said they won't replace it at all and I have to deal with it.
    Mine is suffering bendgate.. Iphone 7 that looks like a boomerang at the moment (and yet still works and the screen did not break).. fortunately my company does replace broken phones (with whatever is in the IT stock room, usually returned phones from people who upgrade (we can upgrade android phones every 1.5 years or iphones every 2 years on the company dime) if you are not eligible for your own upgrade.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Mine has been choosing for itself when to enter into 'do not disturb' mode. When it does ring or announce a message it will sound off as if several calls or messages are coming in at once. The goofy noises I can handle. Not hearing the ringer for calls and messages is a problem for me, but not according to our IT department.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Mine has been choosing for itself when to enter into 'do not disturb' mode. When it does ring or announce a message it will sound off as if several calls or messages are coming in at once. The goofy noises I can handle. Not hearing the ringer for calls and messages is a problem for me, but not according to our IT department.
    Try pairing a smartwatch to it.. although yours sounds like a notifications problem.. so that might now work.

Reimage it

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Mine has been choosing for itself when to enter into 'do not disturb' mode.
    Mine is an iphone 5s which I like because it's small. But, apparently it didn't like the IOS 12 update so now it reboots about every 10 minutes (even during phone calls) and loses texts.

It looks like my upgrade (iphone 7) will be here in a couple days but this has taken 4 weeks including a stint in the eastern Montana oil field where communication was pretty important.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    I watched the first half of Full Metal Jacket on Amazon Prime, came back today to watch the rest and itís not in Prime anymore
    Used to happen to me fairly regularly many years ago when I had Netflix before I decided that the, admittedly small, monthly fee wasn't worth it for what was available on the Canadian version at that time. I'd start watching a series, enjoy it, get about halfway or so through it and they'd take it down. Helped making the decision to drop it even easier.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    Used to happen to me fairly regularly many years ago when I had Netflix before I decided that the, admittedly small, monthly fee wasn't worth it for what was available on the Canadian version at that time. I'd start watching a series, enjoy it, get about halfway or so through it and they'd take it down. Helped making the decision to drop it even easier.
    Or worse.. when I still had the mail the DVD part before switching solely to streaming. I got the first 2 DVDs of Robotech, went to get the 3rd and 4th... They did not have the third at all.....

Proud luddite
    Youíre right...the second half sucks. Iíll give you a quick summary: Darth tells Luke heís his father and Clark Gable doesnít give a damn. Of course I was hammered when I watched that movie.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I needed to go to Wally World to pick up some pork rinds and I couldnít find my slippers. I had to wear my shoes and one of the Velcro straps broke. At least I was already dressed in my pajamas.