Forney coupon shopper buys Thanksgiving dinner for eight for $16.10
    waterproof*

Forney coupon shopper buys Thanksgiving dinner for eight for $16.10

Are you a coupon shopper? She got $60 worth of groceries for $16.10
    But no pump track.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dall...id=306528&stry

Tag along with coupon shopper Angela Johnson, a relentless coupon clipper, as she buys groceries for a Thanksgiving dinner for eight and tries to keep the cost under $15

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    But no pump track.

Tag along with coupon shopper Angela Johnson, a relentless coupon clipper, as she buys groceries for a Thanksgiving dinner for eight and tries to keep the cost under $15
    Yeah, but I bet it's all crap...I've looked through the coupons before and it's never anything I like eating. Hell...my spiral sliced ham was $17 right there and it was majorly on sale...did she get a free turkey or something?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

waterproof*
    watch the video. she gets name-brand stuff.

Shirtcocker
    watch the video. she gets name-brand stuff.
    won't load. still...I bet she spent a LOT of time compiling and researching those coupons...time is money also. I bet she had to buy 5-6 papers and then spend a hour online looking for coupons and then researching what store will give her the most for her $$. All they ever show in those things are them rolling up with the cart and handing off the coupons and then saving big $$. Not that simple.

you don't get this collection of coupons just going through the paper

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

tofurkey hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    won't load. still...I bet she spent a LOT of time compiling and researching those coupons...time is money also. I bet she had to buy 5-6 papers and then spend a hour online looking for coupons and then researching what store will give her the most for her $$. All they ever show in those things are them rolling up with the cart and handing off the coupons and then saving big $$. Not that simple.

you don't get this collection of coupons just going through the paper

why do you hate bootstraps? seems hers are bigger than yours NTTAWWT
    i know i painted you a prettier picture, baby...my fiction beats the hell out of my truth

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by ampastoral
    why do you hate bootstraps? seems hers are bigger than yours NTTAWWT
    I wish the article said how much time she spends on her coupon hobby--looks like she runs an online coupon website so that gives you some indication. It's her freakin job to do this. I'd rather pay a bit more and save my time for riding and posting here.

link to the story

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...y.3ce4717.html

tofurkey hunting
    we could make an online drinking game out of this...everytime you find a coupon online, post a link and take a drink, as do the others in the group...we could be drunk and thrifty at the same time
    i know i painted you a prettier picture, baby...my fiction beats the hell out of my truth

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    But no pump track.

mmm standing behind one of those in the check-out line
    Blows your hair back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    A coupon shopper in Forney?

She's so frugal she should open The Forney Catering Service.....

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by teoteoteo
    A coupon shopper in Forney?

She's so frugal she should open The Forney Catering Service.....
    Me so Forney, me love you long time.

waterproof*
    Yeah I'm with BJ on the coupon thing.

My attitude is, 1, it ain't worth the time, 2, the stuff I buy rarely has coupons anyway, and 3, wait nevermind there is no 3.

tofurkey hunting
    3. life goal number 342: never look like that lady

Call me a Fred
    I once worked with a woman that was a coupon fanatic. Half her life seemed to be dedicated to managing her coupons. She had boxes of them that she sorted daily to see what she needed. The savings didn't seem worth it to me.

I bought a 15 pound turkey last week for 6 dollars. I bought $15 of groceries for $10 by just using the store's card today. No coupon clipping required.

I also bought a box (5 liters) of wine for $15. It tastes as good as many much more expensive bottled wine that I have tried in the past.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker

I also bought a box (5 liters) of wine for $15. It tastes as good as many much more expensive bottled wine that I have tried in the past.
    I bought a box of Black Box for $16 and some chica there gave me a $5 mail in rebate--cha ching!

tofurkey hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    I bought a box of Black Box for $16 and some chica there gave me a $5 mail in rebate--cha ching!
    i'm STILL trying to find the black box here in fla....need to recheck our mega-liquer-mart again...

No team-cest unless 8+!
    crap. is that worth it? All that clipping?

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Years ago, my mother got into the whole coupon clipping thing when she was out on disability. She spent a few hours a week clipping and planning out her purchases. The secret is in stockpiling and only buying when you can double or triple the coupons. More than a few times she would go to the supermarket, return with a carload of groceries and a couple dollars more than she set out with. Pretty amazing. There are websites out there that help you plan out the same thing.

We don't clip but we do check the circulars that come in the local free paper every week. It only takes about 30 minutes every two weeks. We go through the circulars and write out a menu for the next two weeks based on what's on sale. We've been doing this since my mother moved in back in April and even though there's an extra mouth to feed now and even though we still eat the same stuff we always hace, by writing up a menu comprised of on sale ingredients (all brand name), we've been able to cut our grocery expenses by no less than 25%. Having a second fridge/freezer helps for stocking meats. You can save lots buying the big packs when they're on sale.

supervillain

Failboat Captian
    Dum Dum, Dum Dum, Dum Dum..........

Queue the Jaws theme.

Tis time to dredge Thanksgiving threads from the past. It's all the rage with the kids these days.

On topic.... I think I used a coupon. Once.
    "I'm tired of people not treating me like the gift that I am."
    -Paula Abdul

Quote Originally Posted by ToF View Post
    What type of tang does it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    The ones I made had a poo tang.