"Goodness knows this forum needs some life..."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wheel to wheel

-----

-----
    Last edited by cadence90; 08-07-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004

Summertime

Quote Originally Posted by cadence90
    "Goodness knows this forum needs some life this week." - suonata.......

....So, that's it, something's missing here lately... I'm axing y'all, whatarewegonnado???
    Is it only that so many people are gone, or is something else going on?

Cold weather will bring a balance back to this place.
    Last edited by Lifelover; 08-10-2005 at 03:04 AM.
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

wheel to wheel
    -----
    "Gimondi Ť un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Kish ti road

wheel to wheel
    -----
    "Gimondi Ť un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Kish ti road

Here comes the rain.....

How do you think

I feel? I have been reading the NCD forum for a few months and, for the most part, have been royally entertained. Given that I am in good old Melbourne, Australia the ideal time to read about all the goings on in the life of my North American cycling/non-cycling brethren is while I am at work. In fact, NCD has become a crutch to get me through the working day. I have to agree with Suonata that the standard has declined dramatically in the past few weeks...so much so that I am being forced to turn my mind to getting Cadel Evans an endorsement deal when he is back in the country early next year!

As such, I implore you all to put some effort into your posts. Don't force me to Australianise this forum! We all know what happens when Spirito gets involved....

I will end my post on a positive note and thank you all for being pretty damn cool...who would have thought that The Smiths and Monty Python would get such exposure on a cycling website.

wheel to wheel
    -----
    Last edited by cadence90; 08-07-2006 at 08:00 PM.

Kish ti road

My back hurts

If only

If I weren't married, I'd be on the next plane to Rio. I'd track down this officer and ask her to marry me. If she accepted, I'd transfer my life savings to a bank in Bahia and spend the remainder of my days in sheer bliss: bike rides all week and football matches at the weekend with plenty of activity to keep me occupied in between.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Big is relative

Thanks for the motivation.

I bought a bento box today so I can quick draw the camera on my commute. I have a theme idea that I have been thinking about for a while. I'll post the pictures over on commuting because NCD is so lame. Over on another forum, some guy doesn't understand what threads per inch means. I mean, how hard of a concept is that. Probably just mastered miles per hour. FWIW, I cleaned the commuter tonight while listening to Elvis Costello's Spike CD and drank Coors beer. I didn't buy the beer, someone gave it to me. I can't remember ever doing anything to him. No Yuengling in Hawaii. The same guy drank all my Jack too.

wheel to wheel

-----

-----
    Last edited by cadence90; 08-07-2006 at 08:00 PM.

Here comes the rain.....
    Hey Suonata (I figure I have to earn the right to use the more familiar Suon!) - thanks to both you and Cadence for your welcomes. You are absolutely right regarding my so called excuse, but you may be wishing that I continued to hide behind it once I start posting regularly! :-)

By the way, I am sure we have our own government goons but they probably aren't as scary as yours!

OES
    banned
    Jan 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suonata
    OldEd must be sitting on his porch in the heat, drinking from his jug, talking to the blue pigs about wh0res and cattle and the good old days when he was a Texas Ranger.
    You mean the good old days when they wanted to make me a United States Senator? In addition to the whiskey, I'll require some respect. And, as you know, one thing I won't tolerate is dawdling service.

Nor will I tolerate outright theft from the jefe of my Mexican farm labor gang, which led to serious bitterness, ONE gunshot (in the air, but still ...), a firing, mass quittings etc etc, and means I no longer have the luxury of sipping whiskey on the porch, even in this infernal heat, at least until what's left of my drought-withered crops come in.
    Last edited by OES; 08-10-2005 at 06:15 AM.

Strained coccyx etc etc

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mickey-mac
    If I weren't married, I'd be on the next plane to Rio. I'd track down this officer and ask her to marry me. If she accepted, I'd transfer my life savings to a bank in Bahia and spend the remainder of my days in sheer bliss: bike rides all week and football matches at the weekend with plenty of activity to keep me occupied in between.
    i'd hit it for lunch every day. noooo doubt.

leave the duty belt on, honey.
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill
    I bought a bento box today so I can quick draw the camera on my commute. I have a theme idea that I have been thinking about for a while. I'll post the pictures over on commuting because NCD is so lame. Over on another forum, some guy doesn't understand what threads per inch means. I mean, how hard of a concept is that. Probably just mastered miles per hour. FWIW, I cleaned the commuter tonight while listening to Elvis Costello's Spike CD and drank Coors beer. I didn't buy the beer, someone gave it to me. I can't remember ever doing anything to him. No Yuengling in Hawaii. The same guy drank all my Jack too.
    bento? now you're a bona-fide tri geek, regardless of whether you're using flourescent lime green aero bars and a greg lemonade-era styrofoam cooler helmet.

moreon.
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Strained coccyx etc etc
    [i]I sense Ed sits on a rocker on the porch, while J's just sits on the curb.
    true dat.

urine idiot, btw. etc.

My back hurts

New signature

Quote Originally Posted by J's Haiku Shop
    bento? now you're a bona-fide tri geek, regardless of whether you're using flourescent lime green aero bars and a greg lemonade-era styrofoam cooler helmet.

moreon.
    no f'ing m

Strained coccyx etc etc
    no f'ing m
    LOL, but it's true ain't it?

His lordship's voicetheir muzzles thrusting through the open ports, precisely as theship, in his power, and he desired her.mean to hang me, and since that's the worst that can happen to meThat's it, Capta...

My back hurts
    I've got a broken face, uh-huh, uh-huh

Strained coccyx etc etc
    ps. Surfer Rosa is one of my favorite albums. i just found my lost copy last night. the damned thing is only 33:32 long. that's a whole 7:32 longer than Land Speed Record. whoda thunk ida bought both at full price and would be willing to double that today?

A fist is fast
    And jimmyís cast
    Hang me

A white moonís hot
    The other sideís not
    Hang me

Itís not time for me for me to go
    Itís not time for me for me to go

My eyes have turned
    Just the color of diamond
    Just the color
    The frayed color of ice

Strained coccyx etc etc
    I've got a broken face, uh-huh, uh-huh
    this calls for a new thread. now i'm going to express my non-bliss and like that. etc.

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by OldEdScott
    You mean the good old days when they wanted to make me a United States Senator? In addition to the whiskey, I'll require some respect. And, as you know, one thing I won't tolerate is dawdling service.

Nor will I tolerate outright theft from the jefe of my Mexican farm labor gang, which led to serious bitterness, ONE gunshot (in the air, but still ...), a firing, mass quittings etc etc, and means I no longer have the luxury of sipping whiskey on the porch, even in this infernal heat, at least until what's left of my drought-withered crops come in.
    all hail return of the prodigal idiot.

OES
    banned
    Jan 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suonata
    Dude, it's about damn time you checked in here. Even if I don't know what the hell you're talking about what with ONE gunshot and all.

Did you see my whiskey pic, posted especially for you? (lazy bastard link)
    It's a good pic. I might even say a HOT pic, given my lust for the good old days when whiskey was an option.

wheel to wheel
    -----
    Last edited by cadence90; 08-07-2006 at 08:01 PM.

Kish ti road

scruffy nerf herder

Sounds like a job for...

HOMEBREW...

With your attention to detail, amazing memory, and a bevy of charts, Im thinking you could get the perfect brew. Then we could have long threads about beer recipies, drinking beer, and hiding it from the MAN... and the like, and less talk about smuggling booze, helmets whatever. That would sure liven things up.
    so sayeth the funk....

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The RBR Lounge. You won't ever find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. We must be cautious."

Jan 2003
    so ... you are married.. you won't ask the fed ... but that doesn't make living at large in bahia impossible. the place is unbelievable. they have what they call the party season which begins in december and extends till march w/ 2 full weeks of carnival to close it.
    warm waters, coconuts,grilled fish on hot sauce and very cheap housing.
    www.flaviocolker.com.br
    i am in love w/a black woman.

Jan 2003
    That's the truest thing I've heard all week.
    She definitely looks worth committing some crime for/with.
    colker, lad, any inside info? And POST a PIC da**it!!!
    i've already told mickey mac.. i don't know her but there's been this fad here of hot, HOT, chicas joining police force. some time a go i did a gig w/ group called basic instinct: rock and funk band behind a poet and a group of blondies who couldn't sing a tune but the poet insisted their "dancing" more than made up for it. one of the hotties worked part time in a police station.. she was such an exhibiotionist the force fired her.
    www.flaviocolker.com.br
    i am in love w/a black woman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast