• 08-10-2019
    PlatyPius
    Hey, remember when I asked what a heart attack felt like?
    I is one of the cool kids now. I has a zipper, even if my jersey doesn't.

This actually happened a year ago, but there are some weirdos in here who aren't on Facebook... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bea76afb1e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  • 08-10-2019
    Wetworks
    Wow, don't see too many of those nowadays. What were the blockages?
  • 08-10-2019
    PlatyPius
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wetworks View Post
    Wow, don't see too many of those nowadays. What were the blockages?

"Widowmaker" 100% I didn't pay attention to the others' names... 99%, 95%, and 85%

I had a quad + mitral valve repair.

• 08-10-2019
    SystemShock
    Jebus H Christ on a stick, Plat... thatís awful. :eek:

What was the recovery like? And how you feeliní now, if I may ask?
  • 08-10-2019
    PlatyPius
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Jebus H Christ on a stick, Plat... thatís awful. :eek:

What was the recovery like? And how you feeliní now, if I may ask?

Recovery is slow. I'm not one of those "lucky" people who had a heart attack, went to the hospital, and had a CABG the next day. No, I had my heart attack in 2013. Then I finally started seeing a doctor in 2014. Then my shop went away in 2015, but by that time I couldn't do much anyway. I hired a kid to do everything. Then the shop closed and I lost everything. Then I became poor enough to get insurance.

Once I had insurance, i got a heart cath. It's attached. The heart surgeon told me I had 6 months to live in July 2016. I quit smoking (3 years now!) and went vegan for as long as I could take it. That gained me 2 years. Finally, I couldn't put it off anymore... I was taking 100 nitros/month. So, I had heart surgery 08/21/18. Then I had my 20 year old umbilical hernia fixed 12/6/18. I'm done with surgeries for a while.

Of course, 30 years of smoking and hard living take their toll. I also have copd, diabetes, arthritis, bursitis, sciatica, etc. So recovery isn't as easy as it could be. Total recovery is, of course, impossible since copd is fatal.

But I can walk 2 blocks without chest pain, and my guts arent falling out, so there's that. Lol.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f83ab5d1bf.jpg

• 08-10-2019
    Wetworks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    "Widowmaker" 100% I didn't pay attention to the others' names... 99%, 95%, and 85%

I had a quad + mitral valve repair.

Ooof!

Quote:

Recovery is slow. I'm not one of those "lucky" people who had a heart attack, went to the hospital, and had a CABG the next day. No, I had my heart attack in 2013. Then I finally started seeing a doctor in 2014. Then my shop went away in 2015, but by that time I couldn't do much anyway. I hired a kid to do everything. Then the shop closed and I lost everything. Then I became poor enough to get insurance.

Once I had insurance, i got a heart cath. It's attached. The heart surgeon told me I had 6 months to live in July 2016. I quit smoking (3 years now!) and went vegan for as long as I could take it. That gained me 2 years. Finally, I couldn't put it off anymore... I was taking 100 nitros/month. So, I had heart surgery 08/21/18. Then I had my 20 year old umbilical hernia fixed 12/6/18. I'm done with surgeries for a while.

Of course, 30 years of smoking and hard living take their toll. I also have copd, diabetes, arthritis, bursitis, sciatica, etc. So recovery isn't as easy as it could be. Total recovery is, of course, impossible since copd is fatal.

But I can walk 2 blocks without chest pain, and my guts arent falling out, so there's that. Lol.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f83ab5d1bf.jpg

And OOOOF! Sorry you've had to deal with all that, but i have to say your attitude is fantastic considering. I know, you don't have a choice you're probably saying, but I see plenty of patients who go in the opposite direction and do poorly, so keep on keeping on.
  • 08-10-2019
    SystemShock
    Damb Plat, you are one tuff mother to go through all that and still retain some semblance of a positive attitude. May I be that way when/if something as bad as that happens to me... but Iím not sure I will be. Iím definitely the angry complainer type when my health ainít so good.

Hope your recovery continues and your condition improves as much as itís able to.

Quote:

• 08-10-2019
    PlatyPius
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Damb Plat, you are one tuff mother to go through all that and still retain some semblance of a positive attitude. May I be that way when/if something as bad as that happens to me... but Iím not sure I will be. Iím definitely the angry complainer type when my health ainít so good.

Hope your recovery continues and your condition improves as much as itís able to.

It's not so much a positive attitude as it is various mental illnesses that are currently being treated with Zoloft...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...08b13a248e.jpg

• 08-10-2019
    Eretz
    2015 lost my 55 year old step brother with perfect medical work up in Cornwall, NY. Dropped dead as he entered his home. Worked out everyday. Great shape. Corpotate lawyer, Purdue Pharma lead attorney. We talked often that the corporation was relinguishing underlings in accounting while placing more pressure on him as the signatory. Smart guy. Dead.

Glad you're aware.

I'm with Wetworks.

Great cleavage.
  • 08-10-2019
    SystemShock
    Drugs work too. :lol:

Quote:

It's not so much a positive attitude as it is various mental illnesses that are currently being treated with Zoloft...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...08b13a248e.jpg

• 08-10-2019
    kiwisimon
    ****, glad you are still walking and talking.

What's facebook?
  • 08-10-2019
    Eretz
    [MV] 이달의 소녀/츄 (LOONA/Chuu) "Heart Attack"
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BVVfMFS3mgc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 08-11-2019
    paredown
    Holy crap--makes my minor problems look, well, minor.

Still, sitting up and taking nourishment is good, as being able to ambulate. Sorry to hear about the shop misadventures. For some of us we're still in the "great Recession" I guess.

Positive thoughts for recovery, man!
  • 08-12-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paredown View Post
    Holy crap--makes my minor problems look, well, minor.

Still, sitting up and taking nourishment is good, as being able to ambulate. Sorry to hear about the shop misadventures. For some of us we're still in the "great Recession" I guess.

Positive thoughts for recovery, man!

Everything that Paredown said above. ^^^^
  • 08-31-2019
    Christine
    No habla Facebook senor, so I'm just getting around to this now.

Sounds like you did everything in your power to stop that heart, but clearly it's a big and strong one!! Very glad to hear you're on top of things now, Zoloft included. I took that back in the early 2000s, and it put my thoughts and emotions on an even keel. Made it much easier to handle stress. Now, I just repress everything :p
  • 09-03-2019
    DocRogers
    I said it over in the Book of Faces; Iíll say it again here: glad yer still here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 09-03-2019
    SystemShock
    Hope you continue to recover, Plat.

The goats say they hope so too, for obvious reasons. :)
  • 09-06-2019
    il sogno
    Whoa. Glad you are on the road to recovery.
  • 09-06-2019
    Touch0Gray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DocRogers View Post
    I said it over in the Book of Faces; Iíll say it again here: glad yer still here.

hey, what's up Doc?..... looking at those diagrams of the blockages, I am thoroughly convinced that the repairs could have been done with a sharpie!!!!!!!!
  • 09-07-2019
    DocRogers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    hey, what's up Doc?..... looking at those diagrams of the blockages, I am thoroughly convinced that the repairs could have been done with a sharpie!!!!!!!!

Coulda saved Platy a bunch of trouble that way...

• 09-07-2019
    PlatyPius
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DocRogers View Post
    Coulda saved Platy a bunch of trouble that way...

I'm thinking that I can maybe fix the truck with a Sharpie. Maybe I can finish the inside of the cabin, too!