Honey Boo Boo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey Boo Boo

RoadBikeReview Member

Honey Boo Boo

If you havenít watched it, you should.
    I ride mostly in the honorable pursuit of being kissed on both cheeks at the same time by one blond and one brunette. But not redheads, they scare me.

\m/{-_-}\m/
    Would this be so that I can continue to lose my faith in humanity and so that I can better understand why other countries think we're all a bunch of dumb fat rednecks?

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonG View Post
    Don't listen to him! It's a trap, I tells ya.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

corning my own beef
    I should?

No, I believe you're mistaken. Badly mistaken.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

RoadBikeReview Member
    And watch my IQ immediately drop? No thank you, sir!

waterproof*
    Unfortunately, I have watched it. The wife suckered me into it, I swear I had no idea what I was in for.
    * not actually a Rock Star

waterproof*
    * not actually a Rock Star

Always changing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    I should?

No, I believe you're mistaken. Badly mistaken.
    ^^^ I lost a half hour of my life I will never get back. Reality TV is off the rails.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Mama is much better looking in this clip than she is in the actual show (yes, I am serious) and, the clip is relatively tame to what the show is (again, serious).

It would be really easy to make fun so I think the producers do a good job restraining themselves and just letting it happen.

Dunno, much to criticize and laugh at but they do seem sincere and fun (at a distance). It was funny when one of the daughters (16 yrs old I think) was having a baby and when in labor, said that her vajajay hurts Ė come on, that right there is down home entertainment.

Itís funny, entertaining, and a side of the country that I would never see. Thank you Honey Boo Boo for adding a perspective that makes me a more complete person.
    I ride mostly in the honorable pursuit of being kissed on both cheeks at the same time by one blond and one brunette. But not redheads, they scare me.

RoadBikeReview Member

Sweet Jesus

Thank you Honey Boo Boo for adding a perspective that makes me a more complete person.
    If you need Honey Boo Boo to make you a more complete person, your parents failed you.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    I've watched about 10 minutes of that show. Makes me sad.

Live in Sweden | SwedenAbroad

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    You have to watch Mud Lovin' Rednecks. That there is some quality viewing.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

ďNationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

Misfit Toy
    I don't feel so bad about my Real Housewives of New York addiction....
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

RoadBikeReview Member
    Itís funny, entertaining, and a side of the country that I would never see. Thank you Honey Boo Boo for adding a perspective that makes me a more complete person.
    I'm not in the deep south, but live in a rural, southern area so I see this in real life way too often.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    I watched one episode and the parents went out on the saddest date I've ever seen. I've heard the pregnant daughter had a baby with extra fingers.
    Check out my new blog about everything at MakingNoiseAndDrinkingBeer

is super good looking.
    Is this that show where they purposely ruin some poor child's chance at ever being able to fit into society by telling her that she is more than just another kid and putting a spotlight on her for all the wrong reasons?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I've seen a couple episodes.

I don't even know where to begin. I think it's shameful for this little child to be put on national TV for the whole world to point, laugh, and snicker at. The kid is six years old, and behaving exactly as she's been "taught" to behave from mama and family.

She's a plucky little kid. Too bad the adult examples in her life are shaping her to be a national laughing stock.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    It would be really easy to make fun so I think the producers do a good job restraining themselves and just letting it happen.

What are you talking about?

The whole premise of the show is this kid's eccentricities, poor manners, and family dysfunction. That's precisely why they just "let it happen."

QED
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I am pretty sure that rednecks can be found anywhere, not just in the south. And I know for sure that there are no geographical boundaries on stupidity. I don't need to watch a tv which exploits women, children, and the undereducated in order to be "entertained". And I d*mn sure won't allow it to be on in my home.

Call me a Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
    I am pretty sure that rednecks can be found anywhere, not just in the south. And I know for sure that there are no geographical boundaries on stupidity. I don't need to watch a tv which exploits women, children, and the undereducated in order to be "entertained". And I d*mn sure won't allow it to be on in my home.
    That's why I only allow mud rasslin to be viewed on my TV.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

QED
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    That's why I only allow mud rasslin to be viewed on my TV.
    I live alone, so that was an easy statement for me to make.

al.
    RoadBike n00b
    I was blissfully unaware of this honey boo boo business til just now. Thanks a lot moreons.
    IHNIWID

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldEndicottHiway View Post
    The whole premise of the show is this kid's eccentricities, poor manners, and family dysfunction. That's precisely why they just "let it happen."
    I have a whole different perspective. The producers (IMO) are being consciously careful to preserve their dignity Ė the show I saw had the guy talk about how much he loved his family, etc. That was included presumably to portray them in a good and personable light. And it worked, they seem like good, sincere people (not a cruel or backstabbing family).

In terms of the kid, I see an average kid (in terms of manners and eccentricity) except with a more pronounced personality. Believe you me, my 5 yr old has his individual eccentricities and poor manners and they can be kraaaazy Ė heís a handful to most (teachers and family included). If a crew came in to my house and took hrs of footage, they would be able to portray him as a poorly behaved kid or a funny energetic kid. The producers could show her in a much worse light. I wouldnít think to characterize her behavior as poor for her age Ė not in the least. I havenít heard her disrespect but I bet she has and I bet you they have all types of footage that can make her and her family look awful.

Family dysfunction? I donít see it. These seem to be people who are aware of who they are and are happy and confident with that. Most of all, they like each other, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of other families who have a higher level of sophistication. They donít pretend, they donít put up a front. We all want better in life but theyíre happy and comfortable with who they are. I like them so I guess thatís why I donít feel like I am exploiting them. Shoot, Iíd go four wheeliní and play in the mud with Ďem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    I have a whole different perspective. The producers (IMO) are being consciously careful to preserve their dignity Ė the show I saw had the guy talk about how much he loved his family, etc. That was included presumably to portray them in a good and personable light. And it worked, they seem like good, sincere people (not a cruel or backstabbing family).

In terms of the kid, I see an average kid (in terms of manners and eccentricity) except with a more pronounced personality. Believe you me, my 5 yr old has his individual eccentricities and poor manners and they can be kraaaazy Ė heís a handful to most (teachers and family included). If a crew came in to my house and took hrs of footage, they would be able to portray him as a poorly behaved kid or a funny energetic kid. The producers could show her in a much worse light. I wouldnít think to characterize her behavior as poor for her age Ė not in the least. I havenít heard her disrespect but I bet she has and I bet you they have all types of footage that can make her and her family look awful.

Family dysfunction? I donít see it. These seem to be people who are aware of who they are and are happy and confident with that. Most of all, they like each other, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of other families who have a higher level of sophistication. They donít pretend, they donít put up a front. We all want better in life but theyíre happy and comfortable with who they are. I like them so I guess thatís why I donít feel like I am exploiting them. Shoot, Iíd go four wheeliní and play in the mud with Ďem.
    I kind of feel the same way. Got snookered into watching it with the missus and at first I was repulsed, but then I saw that they are just normal, relatively speaking, people who are happy with who they are and honest with themselves about it and do like each other and being a part of their family. Thats good stuff right there.

This Honey Boo Boo family is at least likeable for the afformentioned reasons unlike some of the other shows out there like the Kardashians and any of the Housewives shows, where its clear the cast is just filled with outright bad human beings.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying its great TV, and Im done with it. Im just saying that the people in it arent as bad as it appears. They are fat, ugly and wierd, but fifty times more "human", grounded and less "trash like" than their reality TV counterparts in their North Jersey or Hollywood mansions.

Right now my favorite reality show is "Fast and Loud." Fun show.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walter2007 View Post
    If you need Honey Boo Boo to make you a more complete person, your parents failed you.
    You are sooooo right!

Honey Boo Boo needs to go on a diet!
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast