Hot Hot Hot!

Printable View

  • 07-25-2005
    vonteity
    Hot Hot Hot!
    Okay, I'm frightened by the flaming thermometers on my weather software for Tuesday and Wednesday...

    What does it all mean!??! :confused:
  • 07-25-2005
    cadence90
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vonteity
    Okay, I'm frightened by the flaming thermometers on my weather software for Tuesday and Wednesday...

    What does it all mean!??! :confused:

    I think it's just atmospheric residue from the "discussions" resulting from OES' travels through the PC-TdF wilderness.
    Kinda like the Big Bang.
    Don't worry, lass, things 'll cool down in a week or so.
    (Gawd, I sure hope so, cause I'm worried about ED and that's not healthy.)
  • 07-25-2005
    thatsmybush
    This is disappointing I was hoping this would be "The Cure" Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me,
    CD thread.
  • 07-25-2005
    vonteity
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cadence90
    (Gawd, I sure hope so, cause I'm worried about ED and that's not healthy.)

    Wow, that was a little TMI... but they make various medications for that condition, you know.
  • 07-25-2005
    vonteity
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    This is disappointing I was hoping this would be "The Cure" Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me,
    CD thread.

    Oh, sorry to disappoint you... but you know, that's the beauty of hijacking a thread with a tangent!
  • 07-25-2005
    MR_GRUMPY
    97. !.......97. !!......... I can do 97 standing on my head.
    We had 104 yesterday with 30mph winds and humidity of 80 or so. Packed it in after 3 hours of non, non-cycling.
  • 07-25-2005
    vonteity
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    97. !.......97. !!......... I can do 97 standing on my head.
    We had 104 yesterday with 30mph winds and humidity of 80 or so. Packed it in after 3 hours of non, non-cycling.

    If it makes you feel any better, the heat index is supposed to be well over 100. It's pretty darned humid here this week. Wind? What's that?
  • 07-25-2005
    cadence90
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vonteity
    Wow, that was a little TMI... but they make various medications for that condition, you know.

    No no no, von, I meant OES, he's the one with ED, not me. Him and T-shirt with the worried comPter and chaned CD's, actually. But that's a different story and I think you were gone last week.
    Plus, I would never TMI about myself here.
    HTH!!!
  • 07-25-2005
    MR_GRUMPY
    Anything over 90, hurts. The closer you get to 100, it just hurts more. Riding, when it's over 100 is just stupid. I said that, a few times yesterday. " This is just fu****g stupid."
    I still feel dizzy today. ( Not that that is different than normal )
  • 07-25-2005
    vonteity
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    Anything over 90, hurts. The closer you get to 100, it just hurts more. Riding, when it's over 100 is just stupid. I said that, a few times yesterday. " This is just fu****g stupid."
    I still feel dizzy today. ( Not that that is different than normal )

    I decided that mowing the lawn yesterday was just fu****g stupid, as you put it.

    I mowed part of the front lawn, gave up, threw the mower in the garage and swore to hire a professional. I don't care how much it costs. I am not heaving a 20 lb mower up a fu****g embankment in 90 degree heat anymore. Screw that.
  • 07-25-2005
    funknuggets
    I'll let you know
    What happens to a 167 lb rider doing hill intervals on a carbon frame in 100 degree temps with a wind chill of 115.
  • 07-25-2005
    MB1
    Don't forget.....
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vonteity
    Okay, I'm frightened by the flaming thermometers on my weather software for Tuesday and Wednesday...

    What does it all mean!??! :confused:

    If you are not out there training someone else is (who will drop you like a bad habit as soom as they get out of the hospital). :rolleyes:
  • 07-25-2005
    mohair_chair
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vonteity
    Okay, I'm frightened by the flaming thermometers on my weather software for Tuesday and Wednesday...

    What does it all mean!??! :confused:

    That's not a flaming thermometer. It's an indicator of a possible meteor strike.
  • 07-25-2005
    vonteity
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MB1
    If you are not out there training someone else is (who will drop you like a bad habit as soom as they get out of the hospital). :rolleyes:

    Incidentally, I'm not out there training... but that's got nothing to do with the weather.

    The flaming thermometers have changed to a glaring yellow sun and a glaring yellow sun underneath a thunderstorm cloud, respectively. Thank god for the little miracles. Still calling for 97 degrees, though.
  • 07-25-2005
    vonteity
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by funknuggets
    What happens to a 167 lb rider doing hill intervals on a carbon frame in 100 degree temps with a wind chill of 115.

    I'd wager that the carbon frame is going to be just fiiiine.

    Now the carbon lifeform perched upon it, is a whole different story...
  • 07-25-2005
    JP
    Blistering 78 Degrees
    In Seattle Today. :)

    But you guys will get even the rest of the year when we ride our bikes with fenders.
  • 07-25-2005
    KenB
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vonteity
    Okay, I'm frightened by the flaming thermometers on my weather software for Tuesday and Wednesday...

    What does it all mean!??! :confused:

    I was in Manhattan all day and I thought it was hot up there.... until I got off the train at BWI and every pore on my body opened simultaneously. I got home and jumped right into the pool.

    Ugh, I hate hot.
  • 07-26-2005
    vol245
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vonteity
    Okay, I'm frightened by the flaming thermometers on my weather software for Tuesday and Wednesday...

    What does it all mean!??! :confused:

    You are HOTand because you are so hot, the rest of the US is suffering this year.
  • 07-26-2005
    vonteity
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by suonata
    Do you know just how much it sucks to iron when it's 96 degrees, 78 dewpoint, and you don't have A/C?

    Not really, I don't iron.

    If it needs to be ironed, it's usually never worn and/or taken to the cleaners to be washed and pressed. I don't do ironing.
  • 07-26-2005
    MR_GRUMPY
    Do people still iron ??
    Never ever buy clothes that needs ironing. If it's not PP, I don't buy it.

    Ps. It's so dry here, I haven't mowed my lawn in a month.