• 09-28-2019
    paredown
    2 Attachment(s)
    How I spent my summer (vacation?)....
    Most of my time was taken up working on a kitchen reno for a friend and neighbor that dragged out for the whole summer, but in keeping with T0G's work ethic, I wanted to post a couple of shots of work on my own house.

Back story--some years ago, I salvaged the wide plank oak from the floor of the MBR to patch (and save) the living/dining room floor--a success--but then this room languished. I finally completed the drawn-out project of taking down the ceiling and external wall board, re-insulating and then new drywall, tape, paint etc.

And I finally got the new floor down--finished earlier this week, and I'm on to closet trimming now. (There are four of them, and three doorways, so the floor was a little tricky!) The flooring in refinished oak that was on clearance at HD.
  • 09-29-2019
    Touch0Gray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paredown View Post
    Most of my time was taken up working on a kitchen reno for a friend and neighbor that dragged out for the whole summer, but in keeping with T0G's work ethic, I wanted to post a couple of shots of work on my own house.

Back story--some years ago, I salvaged the wide plank oak from the floor of the MBR to patch (and save) the living/dining room floor--a success--but then this room languished. I finally completed the drawn-out project of taking down the ceiling and external wall board, re-insulating and then new drywall, tape, paint etc.

And I finally got the new floor down--finished earlier this week, and I'm on to closet trimming now. (There are four of them, and three doorways, so the floor was a little tricky!) The flooring in refinished oak that was on clearance at HD.

nice......and that MAY not be "work ethics" it MAY be adhd/ocd/istraight up nuts
  • 09-29-2019
    Akirasho
  • 09-29-2019
    Eretz
    Very Talented
    Quote:

.... The flooring in refinished oak that was on clearance at HD.

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/at...n-sam_1105.jpg

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/at...am_1123_sm.jpg

That is Yacht worthy. Perfect job.
  • 09-29-2019
    Touch0Gray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eretz View Post

That is Yacht worthy. Perfect job.

But it is not teak!
  • 09-29-2019
    Eretz
    Assuredly excellent work on paredown's part.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    But it is not teak!

Still a nice finish
  • 09-29-2019
    Eretz
    back on topic

http://i.imgur.com/wiI8Ino.jpg
    Bewitch - her Mom and Dad
  • 10-03-2019
    paredown
    Yes--I think my summer was more fun, even with all the work.

Best wishes for continued recovery!
  • 10-03-2019
    ogre
    Quote:

OP can now join Peloton and buy one of those fancy bikes that doesn't move. He/she may want to trim back some of those trees so normals on the outside can see them better and make better commercials.
  • 10-05-2019
    paredown
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    op can now join peloton and buy one of those fancy bikes that doesn't move. He/she may want to trim back some of those trees so normals on the outside can see them better and make better commercials.

lol...
  • 10-07-2019
    Akirasho
    --------

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bqjK6jjt6gk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>