I just saw myself on Cyclism Sunday. I hope what they saw about the camera is true
    Mostly Absent

Unhappy I just saw myself on Cyclism Sunday. I hope what they saw about the camera is true

I look frakkin huge. I guess May is gonna be Food Deprivation month. I have to start paying attention and losing weight again.

Mostly Absent
    Oh, and grown men look ridiculous shaking cowbells at professional cyclists.

Not a banner day at the Kennedy compound.

RoadBikeReview Member
    lol i missed it! im in the process of dropping some pounds myself, riding everyday is shedding off the pounds fo sho

Game on, b*tches!
    Well. I just found my ownself on teh interwebs, s*cking at cyclocross for teh whole world to see. I ain't gonna s*ck as much this year. That's teh plan. At least you is famous. Sort of.
    Originally Posted by tetter
    'Pain is temporary, and there might be beer at the finish line'

"Karma is spread in lots of different ways. You know, like herpes."
    catzilla
    "I'm an American male. This is pizza. Leave me alone!"
    Alton Brown
    ohnoIaintsuckingnomore.blogspot.com

Mostly Absent
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBuddha
    lol i missed it! im in the process of dropping some pounds myself, riding everyday is shedding off the pounds fo sho
    Yea. I try to ride 50-70 miles a week, but hanging around the young skinny guys has led to bad eating and worse, drinking habits. I haven't gained weight, but I should have continued to lose 1-2 lbs a week and been in the mid to low 220's by now.

I was half expecting Phil Ligget to comment on how a man as fat as me could make it that far up Brasstown Bald.

Go Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    Yea. I try to ride 50-70 miles a week, but hanging around the young skinny guys has led to bad eating and worse, drinking habits. I haven't gained weight, but I should have continued to lose 1-2 lbs a week and been in the mid to low 220's by now.

I was half expecting Phil Ligget to comment on how a man as fat as me could make it that far up Brasstown Bald.
    Where you standing next to a group of guys who were 6'0" and none of whom weighed more than 150 pounds? Almost anyone would look large compared to guys like that. You should have been at the event I attended last night. You would have looked svelte by comparison with the vast majority of people who were there.

Phil knows better than to comment on a guy your size making it up the hills. I used to ride with a 220 pound guy that always beat my 160 pound carcass up the hills. The important thing is the power to weight ratio. You can be thin, but if you don't put out the watts, you are not going to go very fast.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

Mostly Absent
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS
    Where you standing next to a group of guys who were 6'0" and none of whom weighed more than 150 pounds? Almost anyone would look large compared to guys like that. You should have been at the event I attended last night. You would have looked svelte by comparison with the vast majority of people who were there.

Phil knows better than to comment on a guy your size making it up the hills. I used to ride with a 220 pound guy that always beat my 160 pound carcass up the hills. The important thing is the power to weight ratio. You can be thin, but if you don't put out the watts, you are not going to go very fast.
    Yea. I was standing with a very pretty young lady who is probably 125 pounds, a Masters age rider who is about 5'8" and 150 pounds, and two guys under 30 who were 5'11" and 6'1 and probably 150-170. Not to mention Levi passed within an arms length of me. Even so, I looked LARGE.

That's one of the reasons I occasionally like to stop at a Cracker Barrel on road trips. It makes me feel skinny.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS

wow, it would be nice to draft that 220lbs guy. Freight train style.

I drank what?
    Screen cap?
    q_and_a - "I don't really have an appropriate response for this situation" so you'll have to wait 30 seconds for a reply

Mostly Absent
    Quote Originally Posted by CoLiKe20
    wow, it would be nice to draft that 220lbs guy. Freight train style.
    Do you know how many times some skinny puke will get on my wheel and make some crack like "Wow, its like being behind a brick wall. There's no wind back here."

Shirtcocker
    Do you know how many times some skinny puke will get on my wheel and make some crack like "Wow, its like being behind a brick wall. There's no wind back here."
    +1...skinny guys suck to draft.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Mostly Absent
    Quote Originally Posted by j__h
    Screen cap?
    I dont know how to do that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    then they dance away from you when the road turns skyward. I hate that!

Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    +1...skinny guys suck to draft.
    +2
    I got stuck behind a 105lb, 5 foot nothin much guy in a TTT due to dropping a rider... I'm 6'3" 175lbs
    It was painful

BBJ

Jun 2004
    So that's why I can't get a rotation when I do charity rides. I usually get three or four people behind me that won't let me drop back. They just sit behind me the whole time. Stupid people who won't take a pull.