I love when work doesn't pay you
    RoadBikeReview Member

I love when work doesn't pay you

I am on the 3rd week of my new job. I am a temp so I am working for an agency. They made me fill out all the paperwork for Direct deposit and then gave me a live check last week. I figured Ok probably have to wait a week to get the DD system going. Well today no live check and no DD. Now I am pissed. I am just trying to figure out how pissed I should be on Monday when I go back in. I really want to tell the agency if you can't pay me on time then I cant work for you. I know they will have some stupid excuse. But when you pay people crap money for a job then I just feel like you can't make excuses when it come time to get payed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    ..........I know they will have some stupid excuse.
    Has to be a bummer for you I know. But very likely with this being W2 Form season... meeting the required deadlines while getting calls from half of everyone that drew a check in 2012... has payroll over extended. Just my guess.

I wouldn't [appear to] be too upset.

half-fast
    Deep breath. Don't scream too hard at the payroll lady, or she'll drop your revised form behind the filing cabinet and not be able to find it.

That does suck, though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yea I am trying not to freak out too much. I am just not happy about being a temp. I have been hearing all kinds of story's of it taking 2 years to get made full time.

Go Blue
    Most states have very specific rules on when employees must be paid and significant penalties for the employers if they do not pay employees in a timely fashion. Check the website of your state's department of labor to see if there are any rules or regulations that apply to your situation. Examples: The Maryland Guide to Wage Payment and Employment Standards - Employment Standards Paydays, pay periods, and the final wages http://www.labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/wp/P715.pdf
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanx guys freak out averted I got it in the mail today. No I feel stupid.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanx guys freak out averted I got it in the mail today.
    Well that won't happen much longer.... Saturday mail end in August.

Go Blue
    Thanx guys freak out averted I got it in the mail today. No I feel stupid.
    I am happy to hear that you got your check. No need to feel stupid about your concern. Getting paid on time is very important. That is why there are wage payment acts with significant penalties for employers who do not pay their employees on time.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

half-fast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    I am happy to hear that you got your check. No need to feel stupid about your concern. Getting paid on time is very important. That is why there are wage payment acts with significant penalties for employers who do not pay their employees on time.
    Except for the part where it is ok to pay the timecard scofflaws on the next cycle. That part stinks when it happens.

All's well that ends well.

Glad you got yer paycheck. That's really the only reason we go to work, after all.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Thanx I have been on edge lately about this job. I have temped in construction before and I would get a call from my rep from the agency at lest twice a week to see if every thing is ok. But I have never been temp to hire in industry before. In the 3 weeks I have had this job I haven't had any contact other then an email with my hours on Tuesdays. I don't like it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Well that won't happen much longer.... Saturday mail end in August.

This made me laugh.

Our payroll dep't seems to have trainees running the show (aka people like me.) So we keep getting memos about why our OT pay hasn't showed up yet, then notices about how the extra paycheck that was deposited is coming right out, etc. ad nauseum.