I really, really, really, really, really, really hate our public school.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    banned from the museum
    Aug 2007

I really, really, really, really, really, really hate our public school.

Went in for the meat-and-greet today. They wouldn't give me my son's ID, and won't let him on campus without it. Apparently the didn't have the paperwork on file that I filled out last year.

I know its a small thing, but its just another small thing. I only kept my oldest son in that school so he could stay with his friends after putting my other kid in private school. They are much easier to deal with.

banned from the museum
    Aug 2007
    I actually serioulsly considered selling our house and moving just to get into another school district.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by My Own Private Idaho
    Went in for the meat-and-greet today. They wouldn't give me my son's ID, and won't let him on campus without it. Apparently the didn't have the paperwork on file that I filled out last year.

I know its a small thing, but its just another small thing. I only kept my oldest son in that school so he could stay with his friends after putting my other kid in private school. They are much easier to deal with.
    I'm not getting your beef. You didn't fill out the required paperwork so it sounds like it's your fault and not theirs.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Opus was just napping

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really think you are over reacting.

Really?

No Really.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really think you are over reacting.

Really?

No Really.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

banned from the museum
    Aug 2007
    I did fill out the paperwork. That's my point.

And if this was all that had happened, I would be overreacting. I probably still am. Still.

Proud luddite
    WWLLD?

(What would Lindsay Lohan do?)

What the what???
    Crumbling infrastructure, measly teacher salary, overcrowding, budget cuts, eliminating Arts educaction...and this is what you hate about the school???
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

Opus was just napping
    I did fill out the paperwork. That's my point.

And if this was all that had happened, I would be overreacting. I probably still am. Still.
    Sometimes things just go miss filed...sometimes socks go missing from the dryer, like my favorite pair of asics running socks...which leads me to want to create a thread labeled.

I really, really, really, really, really hate my dryer!

Sure it is a little thing but it isn't the first time it happened either.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Seat's not level
    Creaky likes turtles
    HW likes pink
    MJ liked to sleep
    HL is still dead

What was the problem again?
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain
    Creaky likes turtles
    HW likes pink
    MJ liked to sleep
    HL is still dead

What was the problem again?
    The problem is...

Free LiLo!!!

This miscarriage of justice has gone on long enough...
    Attached Images Attached Images

the fist
    Dislike lownje says you are no longer allowed to dislike what you dislike for your own reasons.

Like it or not.
    FlexiSexual

Just Plain Bitter
    I went to public schools, my kids go to public school. I deal with what Opus said yearly since our dear Governor has taken all he can from education in this state! I have friends that have even more problems in private schools! All the rules and regulations they have to follow would drive me insane! No peanut based products allowed on the campus of one of them because 1, that's right 1 kid has a peanut allergy! I'll stick with the public schools thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

Grey Manrod
    Sometimes things just go miss filed...s
    How does it get misfiled?

banned
    Aug 2009
    I would assume that you were in the wrong on this one, and they're doing it for your child's safety. But if you want to fault them for it, by all means, do.

Grey Manrod
    BTW ^^^^^ that clip is what Nick Cage could have been ALL THE TIME, instead of the pile of suck he has turned into.

Grey Manrod
    I'm just going to keep hijacking threads, but gawdammit I love that movie so much.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland
    BTW ^^^^^ that clip is what Nick Cage could have been ALL THE TIME, instead of the pile of suck he has turned into.
    All I did was misuse a word by rushing...but never would I be so crazy to think that Nick Cage had talent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cheese is my copilot
    I'm just going to keep hijacking threads, but gawdammit I love that movie so much.
    That guy has issues. Just sayin.
    Life is better in the big ring.

http://theclemencyblog.blogspot.com/

waterproof*
    Our highly rated public district... sent home the course selection sheets for next year for our 10th grader.

-printed on heavy waxy purple stock
    -in 8 pt type
    -with gray ink

I honestly believe they just like to eff with people.
    * not actually a Rock Star

Grey Manrod
    All I did was misuse a word by rushing...but never would I be so crazy to think that Nick Cage had talent.
    I don't care that you misused the word...it just reminded me of that scene and the OP's rage.

Nic Cage has talent like someone has herpes - you only see it when he has an "outbreak."

Vampire's Kiss
    Raising Arizona
    Adaptation
    Matchstick Men (maybe)

And then there's TheRockPlaneGunsFlamingMotorcycleSkullHeadWeirdHai r movies.

Grey Manrod
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    That guy has issues. Just sayin.
    Who me?

Cheese is my copilot
    Who me?
    Probably. But I'm actually refering to that character.
    Life is better in the big ring.

http://theclemencyblog.blogspot.com/

Opus was just napping
    I don't care that you misused the word...it just reminded me of that scene and the OP's rage.

Nic Cage has talent like someone has herpes - you only see it when he has an "outbreak."

Vampire's Kiss
    Raising Arizona
    Adaptation
    Matchstick Men (maybe)

And then there's TheRockPlaneGunsFlamingMotorcycleSkullHeadWeirdHai r movies.
    I find him to overact everything. The guy just doesn't do nuance, it isn't that he is going insane in Vampire's Kiss it is that he needs to announce it. Never liked Raising Arizona, (I know heresy in film cults). And of course everything he has done since he found the hooker with the heart of gold while he was the over the top over boozing alcoholic on a suicide bender in Leaving Las Vegas has been almost universally abyssmal...

(but Sarah J. Parker's abs in Honeymoon in Vegas were about the best set of abs ever photographed and nearly made you forget she looked like Secretariat).

Turns out he did like to buy houses though, so I am SURE he has that to fall back on now that his last Disney film tanked.

AIE
    midnight melon mounter

Vampire's Kiss
    Raising Arizona
    Adaptation
    Matchstick Men (maybe)
    Moonstruck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast