If you're having a v02 max done, make sure you're over your cold...
    Alien Musician

Lightbulb If you're having a v02 max done, make sure you're over your cold...

My wife and I have been working out with a trainer since last fall, lost a ton of weight and generally feel lots better than we have before and our endurance and general fitness is much better.

They wanted us to do our happy vo2 max test (that they call a "cardio point" test in their marketing) so we could see our new heart rate zones since we're way more conditioned.

Just got over a bad cold and still wasn't quite 100% but figured I was "ok" for the test. My wife had the same cold a week earlier but she was feeling pretty much 100%.

When I did the test the computer had all kinds of problems since I went from "too easy" to "way too hard" almost right away, then they realized my mask had an oxygen leak.

Second test: leak fixed, the computer stopped reading my heart rate monitor partway thru so I had to stop. Like 2 minutes of "lost" telemetry.

Try again!

I did the darn test three times and my performance was much **worse** than my initial test months back even though I was less fit back then.

So: next monday I'm going to do it again. Yesterday was about the first day I really felt closer to 100% and today I'm pretty much back to normal.

My wife only had to do the test once but this pretty much proves that you shouldn't workout until you're well and rested up.

Even the trainer/nutritionist/physiologist who was working with us KNEW it would effect us but not quite so big - but, we'd postponed the test to deal with other problems and we just wanted to get it over with.

So, if you're sick - don't bother working out or trying to!
    my music is online at aliensporebomb dot com yes indeed.
    my twitter for those bored: http://www.twitter.com/aliensporebomb

Misfit Toy
    Quote Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
    So, if you're sick - don't bother working out or trying to!
    That's the excuse I've been using for three years.......
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass