Jumping rope

Printable View

• 07-25-2019
    dir-t
    Jumping rope
    Thanks to a suggestion from TMB in the blood pressure thread, I gave jumping rope a whirl last night for a convenient workout when I don't have time to ride or hit the gym. My observations:

- flip flops aren't appropriate.
    - it helps a lot to be able to see your reflection.
    - I think I like doing it on my lawn vs sidewalk.
    - I really do sweat A LOT and jumping rope is no different.
    - it is a lot of fun but I need practice.
    - so far my record is about 20 jumps in a row but around 12 seems to be my average.
    - my calves hurt today.
  • 07-25-2019
    thatsmybush
    Hey, glad to hear you gave it a try.

Don't want to bore you with my jump rope obsessiveness but if you have any questions would be happy to answer or give tips.
  • 07-25-2019
    Jay Strongbow
    The learning curve is pretty quick. I wouldn't be surprised if you're doing crossovers within a week.

I got real good at it real pretty quick but didn't take to the getting punched in the face aspect of boxing training nearly as well so eventually gave it up.
  • 07-25-2019
    Eretz
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1BZM2Vre5oc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree with everyone.
  • 07-25-2019
    Eretz
    Then take Taekwondo for the total core.
  • 07-26-2019
    AlanE
    I used to skip rope a lot. A couple tips - do it on a smooth surface, like a wood or tile floor. Slap the rope on the floor as you hop so that you don't have to jump more than a couple inches to clear the rope. Don't wear sneakers, just socks. Keep your hands low and just use your wrists.