Juno

Thread: Juno

RoadBikeReview Member

Juno

Juno was mentioned in some other threads about movies, but I think it deserves discussion on its own. Best movie I have seen in a long time. I was expecting a serious, earnest indie film but it was hilarious.

With all the violent, depressing, crime-glorifying movies out right now, Juno is a pleasant relief. The soundtrack and acting also were great. I know, I know some critics are going to say that the dialogue was over-written or unrealistic -- to which I say when did movies start becoming realistic? Although I seriously doubt if there are many (if any) 16-year-olds as witty as Juno, that doesn't make it any less funny or touching.

I rarely watch any movies more than once, but I'll go see Juno again.

rebounder
    id hit it
    on the other hand, you have different fingers

Yo no fui.
    Best movie I've seen in along time. My fiancee and her sister both work with high schoolers and thought it was vert realistic.
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars.” Laurent Fignon

Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by naawillis
    id hit it
    Wasn't that the problem?

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by tarwheel2
    Juno was mentioned in some other threads about movies, but I think it deserves discussion on its own. Best movie I have seen in a long time. I was expecting a serious, earnest indie film but it was hilarious.

With all the violent, depressing, crime-glorifying movies out right now, Juno is a pleasant relief. The soundtrack and acting also were great. I know, I know some critics are going to say that the dialogue was over-written or unrealistic -- to which I say when did movies start becoming realistic? Although I seriously doubt if there are many (if any) 16-year-olds as witty as Juno, that doesn't make it any less funny or touching.

I rarely watch any movies more than once, but I'll go see Juno again.
    I was one of those who thought the dialog was over-written. It's kind of a cop-out to say movies in general arent realistic. The whole point of a movie like juno is to get a look into others' lives, real or imagined. When characters start making choices we don't buy or, in this case, talk like every word out of their mouths are hand-crafted, it's hard to maintain that suspension of disbelief.

I saw it a second time and my meh started drifting toward dislike.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Ugh. I hate that soundtrack. I hate that softa** crap. lol. Not my bag... not even a little bit. I would rather listen to Slipknot. I would die before I bought the CD.

But then again, even though I hate that genre of music, I will say that it was very fitting and that it did add quite a bit to the overall atmosphere of the movie. They both seemed... almost... childish. And I think that's a good thing. I can't think of another adjective.

And +1 to the person who said that they doubt there are any 16 year olds that witty. It was still hilarious. The one-liners in that movie were endless. I LOVED it.

Great movie. I'm definitely buying it when it comes out on DVD.

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck
    I was one of those who thought the dialog was over-written. It's kind of a cop-out to say movies in general arent realistic. The whole point of a movie like juno is to get a look into others' lives, real or imagined. When characters start making choices we don't buy or, in this case, talk like every word out of their mouths are hand-crafted, it's hard to maintain that suspension of disbelief.

I saw it a second time and my meh started drifting toward dislike.
    Heh. If you want to see a movie with 'over the top' dialog/choices, check out Wedding Daze. Horrible movie. lol.

Born from Jorts®
    I was one of those who thought the dialog was over-written.
    wait, I thought most pregnant 16 y/o's shouted "THUNDERCATS ARE GO!!!!" when it was time to give birth.

right behind you on this one..... (not c0de)

next week, Roebuck and Wood will be reviewing "Cloverfield". Spoiler: Hey I kinda liked it!

Last edited by Hollywood; 02-01-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    next week, Roebuck and Wood will be reviewing "Cloverfield". Spoiler: Hey I kinda liked it!
    Any movie's good when you play the popcorn trick on yourself.

But I digress. Does our task for next week mean I have to see Cloverfield?
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

Born from Jorts®
    Any movie's good when you play the popcorn trick on yourself.
    busted

Quote Originally Posted by DrMacbook
    But I digress. Does our task for next week mean I have to see Cloverfield?
    yes. Maybe sneak in or matinee it, just in case...

oh and sit in the back row.