Just got my bribe money. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Never Give Up!
    Don't think we are entitled to a POTUS check either...

although we are still obligated to pay our kids tuition bill, somebody should in the political party should work colleges on insisting a rebate/reduction in tuition since they are no longer attending school and forces the kids to on-line learning which loses whole effect in the education process... in class, face-to-face, personal learning.

I hear some the professors complaining to the kids during the class time... telling them, this is ridiculous, they don't like it, they don't know how to use the on-line tools to from the school etc.
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2010 Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    I just got mine. Ima buy a set of aluminum clincher wheels.

Banned forever.....or not
    From China?.....(isn't everything from China?)
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    I just got mine. Ima buy a set of aluminum clincher wheels.
    I highly recommend the A-Force AL33 rims. Sold my Zipp 202s for a wheelset built with them. November bikes.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    From China?.....(isn't everything from China?)
    Maybe France. Mavics?

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Or Italy. Campy Shamals?

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Or Switzerland. DT PR1400 Dicut?

Banned forever.....or not
    Watch out for the Virus.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm somewhat torn. Our 27 year old daughter got $1,200 last week. She has some special needs, lives at home with us and works as a restaurant hostess. She'll never be able to fully support herself, her work hours got cut but no big deal, we take care of her. Now my wife and I just got $2,300. We're not rich, but we live pretty comfortably. We did buy a car last year and have a HELOC loan for massive home improvements, but our house has been paid off for ten years. Both my wife and I work from home, so we've had little disruption. We are really the last people who need this money.

I'm not going to just write a check to my church or an organization, but I do want to give back. We used to eat out a lot, now not so much and I now tip 30% to 50%. That's a drop in the bucket. I feel I would empty my wallet for someone I saw who was really destitute and affected badly by this.

I'm not completely sure about my intent to post this - feel free to provide any responses on how I could make a direct and positive contribution. But the system is kinda farked when our family gets this money and some things are falling apart.

What the what???
    No money here yet. Each time I check I get:

"You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page."
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    No money here yet. Each time I check I get:

"You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page."
    Do you e-file? Both my wife and I and my daughter have e-filed for a few years now. That's supposed to get your $ quicker.

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Do you e-file? Both my wife and I and my daughter have e-filed for a few years now. That's supposed to get your $ quicker.
    We have e-filed for years. But the past few years we have owed money, so we only gave our account info to authorize payment, not to deposit a refund. I updated the IRS with our account info the first day their Get My Payment site went live, but that's been a while now and still no update.
    Last edited by Opus51569; 04-24-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

What the what???
    I'm somewhat torn. Our 27 year old daughter got $1,200 last week. She has some special needs, lives at home with us and works as a restaurant hostess. She'll never be able to fully support herself, her work hours got cut but no big deal, we take care of her. Now my wife and I just got $2,300. We're not rich, but we live pretty comfortably. We did buy a car last year and have a HELOC loan for massive home improvements, but our house has been paid off for ten years. Both my wife and I work from home, so we've had little disruption. We are really the last people who need this money.

I'm not going to just write a check to my church or an organization, but I do want to give back. We used to eat out a lot, now not so much and I now tip 30% to 50%. That's a drop in the bucket. I feel I would empty my wallet for someone I saw who was really destitute and affected badly by this.

I'm not completely sure about my intent to post this - feel free to provide any responses on how I could make a direct and positive contribution. But the system is kinda farked when our family gets this money and some things are falling apart.
    Given your situation, and your support of your daughter, I would use the money to support whatever local business are still open and operating. Order out more for you and your family. Keep tipping well. They stay afloat and you eat well. It's a win-win.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014

There is a class of people who are suffering, abuse victims who are now forced to shelter in place with their abusers. If you really want to make a difference, find a group that supports abuse victims, and donate to them. There are millions of people donating and supporting the usual charities (food banks, medical supplies, etc) because they have high visibility, abuse, while a known issue, is not covered enough, and they need the assistance.

Master debator.
    I'd make sure that Ruth's Chris gets as much of your business as possible since they are returning their stimulus money under pressure

"I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

Boobies!

Check your local food banks--ours are overwhelmed in NY. See if cash or groceries are needed most. You could do it as a series of small donations by week maybe?

And thanks for being a mensch.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
    -Hanlon's Razor

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm working from home by some small miracle, since I'm not exactly "essential." John got his salary cut in half yesterday, along with his hours, until June (so they say.) Already lost a chunk of savings in the stock market, icing on the cake.

But we got around $1,200 or so mysteriously deposited into the bank, that's already spent on one doctor's visit.

I'm worried that this will be an excuse to see who they can get away with laying off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paredown View Post
    Check your local food banks--ours are overwhelmed in NY. See if cash or groceries are needed most. You could do it as a series of small donations by week maybe?

And thanks for being a mensch.
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I just donated $100 to a local food bank and I hope to make several more similar contributions. I really rather bring food to some crews instead of just throwing money, we'll see.

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I'm working from home by some small miracle, since I'm not exactly "essential." John got his salary cut in half yesterday, along with his hours, until June (so they say.) Already lost a chunk of savings in the stock market, icing on the cake.

But we got around $1,200 or so mysteriously deposited into the bank, that's already spent on one doctor's visit.

I'm worried that this will be an excuse to see who they can get away with laying off.
    Still waiting here. No status change. The IRS site still says we're eligible and they'll update the page once they have a payment date... I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for others who are still waiting and are out of work.

UPDATE: Checked the IRS site this morning 26 April, and it now says money will be deposited on 30 April. Woot.
    Last edited by Opus51569; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:41 AM. Reason: Update

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    There is a class of people who are suffering, abuse victims who are now forced to shelter in place with their abusers. If you really want to make a difference, find a group that supports abuse victims, and donate to them. There are millions of people donating and supporting the usual charities (food banks, medical supplies, etc) because they have high visibility, abuse, while a known issue, is not covered enough, and they need the assistance.
    There was a good article in today's paper about victims in such situations and the challenges they and their support organizations face. Thanks for the insight, that's a great avenue to help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12