Kids Woot Balance Bike
    your text here

Kids Woot Balance Bike

i know some loungers have younglings. some even just had two spawn pop out this week. never to early to think about gettin them on the road...

$50 at Kids.Woot® : One Day, You'll Understand

I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Frog Whisperer
    Thanks....bookmarked...
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Yo no fui.
    Are those betterthan the aluminum ones?
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars.” Laurent Fignon

Seat's not level
    I'm waiting for the carbon fiber ones... only the best for my kid.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

Yo no fui.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I'm waiting for the carbon fiber ones... only the best for my kid.
    What about custom ti? Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars.” Laurent Fignon

your text here
    The Boy used a wood one. ite held up pretty well for what he did to it. we still have it and he slaps his 70 pound frame on it to good off.

The Girl has a metal one. she likes it alot. different geometry, and i dont know how much longer she will fit on it. by the end of summer we may be shopping for a pedal bike...
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

S2H
    wut?
    I should have gotten Luisa one of those.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
    I should have gotten Luisa one of those.
    go for it..... but we need more pictures then...IN SPANDEX!

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

i like whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Are those betterthan the aluminum ones?
    NO THEY ARE NOT

I bought my son one off ebay that looked exactly like that one. I could barely put it together. Even when I got it together I couldn't get the tires pumped up. They had some sort of weird valve stem on it. Not Schrader or Presta. Neither pump would fit. I'm not saying this is the same one, but it's eerily similar.

Save your $$ and go get a tiny kids bike, lower the seat and take the pedals off. It's the same thing and when they are ready to ride, you just put the pedals on.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
    I've had 2 kids go from balance bikes directly to pedal bikes, no training wheels. Both were 4 when they switched over. I have a three year old that will probably take off on a pedal bike when she finds she can't keep up with the others on her balance bike.
    From what I've heard playing a banjo is an easy way to get into your sister's pants

-TWB8s

Yo no fui.
    Quote Originally Posted by innergel View Post
    Save your $$ and go get a tiny kids bike, lower the seat and take the pedals off. It's the same thing and when they are ready to ride, you just put the pedals on.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Glue Sniffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Interesting. Thanks.
    I think that's a great solution if you're looking at a 3 (or so) old--feel free to correct me if you're experience suggests otherwise, innergel. I believe the Striders come in a much smaller size than even the smallest pedal bikes I've seen. So, if you're eager to get your kiddo on a bike for their second birthday, a kick bike may be a better fit.

That being said, there are so many around and the metal ones hold up pretty damn well, so I'm a huge proponent of finding a used one and rattlecanning it with a custom paint job.
    Cats just don't feel safe on a moving bicycle, no matter how much duct tape you use.

Yup, I've geeked out and started a blog: www.adventuresinprocreating.blogspot.com

Frog Whisperer
    I am going to build my grand-daughter her first bike....frame and all, mark my words!

i like whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by catzilla View Post
    I think that's a great solution if you're looking at a 3 (or so) old--feel free to correct me if you're experience suggests otherwise, innergel. I believe the Striders come in a much smaller size than even the smallest pedal bikes I've seen. So, if you're eager to get your kiddo on a bike for their second birthday, a kick bike may be a better fit.

That being said, there are so many around and the metal ones hold up pretty damn well, so I'm a huge proponent of finding a used one and rattlecanning it with a custom paint job.
    You may be right about the bike sizes. Obviously they need to be able to stand with both feet on the ground, so whatever fits is what to get.

Buy my spawn are giant so a small kids bike (12" maybe) was perfect when they started around 3-3.5yo. And kids bikes are plentiful at garage sales for cheap. Rattle canning that bad boy is a great idea too. As an aside, when my son got his first 12" bike, I swear it weighed the same as my 21" mountain bike!