Ladies (any ladies here?) and Gents handicap the Nov election

Feb 2004

Ladies (any ladies here?) and Gents handicap the Nov election

I would like to know your predictions for the outcome. I distain for President Bush only grew during the three years of his administration, and I find a lot like minded people. However, I don't know how much my cirlce of contacts reflect the country as a whole. A British co-worker asked me to predict the election and I could not. I think this can be a close election, or a landslide for Bush (in terms of delegate count, but not in terms of total voter percentage). I prefer that this thread not get into a Kerry/Bush bash fest. I am just curious if you think that your views are representative of the majority/plurality of the country.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    all you have to do is look at a small sampling of this bunch and see that czar, hooey and bottom shell are the fringe of the fringe. thats not name calling. thats just fact. they know it and they post responses that facilitate their radical opinions no matter how out of touch with the rest of the world they are. a berkley dweller, a professor and a psychologist. how sheltered and confined in your own limited circle of truth can you get?

$4000 bike - two bit legs

And the winner is...

Quote Originally Posted by kilimanjaro
    I would like to know your predictions for the outcome. I distain for President Bush only grew during the three years of his administration, and I find a lot like minded people. However, I don't know how much my cirlce of contacts reflect the country as a whole. A British co-worker asked me to predict the election and I could not. I think this can be a close election, or a landslide for Bush (in terms of delegate count, but not in terms of total voter percentage). I prefer that this thread not get into a Kerry/Bush bash fest. I am just curious if you think that your views are representative of the majority/plurality of the country.
    OK, I admit it: I'm a moderate republican. I'm not a big fan of W, but less so of Kerry. That being said, I think Bush will win with relative ease. Why?? Several things.....
    1. The economy is getting stronger and will continue to do so going into Nov
    2. I'll bet there will be some big capture or discovery in the Mid East
    3. The Repubs have yet to start fighting. They will put that hoard of $$'s to work
    4. Sorry, Kerry is just too liberal for the population west of Boston. He's the wrong guy

I agree that the popular vote will be close. I'll bet Bush wins handily with the Electoral college. IMHO
    Paul in Northern Kentucky

Across the mighty Ohio from Cincinnati:
    The Obesity Capital of the USA
    (Explains a lot of the intolerance about us riders, huh?)

Banned forever.....or not

Since I have been "Born Again" today

I know that god will smite george, for his evil ways, just before the election. I'm sure that george and his minions of evil will be banished back to the land of Texas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Jan 2002
    Too close to call.

I don't see any reason why a significant number of people who voted for Bush in 2000 would vote for Kerry in 2004. Neither do I think that Bush will pick up a significant number of voters who were inclined towards Gore in 2000. I do think that many people who didn't vote in 2000 or cast vanity votes for Nader will take this election more seriously.

I'm on a time-out/temporary ban
    It'll be a squeaker again. Bush is no "uniter."

As James Carville knows, if the economy keeps moving up and jobs stop flatlining in the 3 months prior to the election Bush will get it.

If he bags Bin Laden or Zawahiri a couple months before the election. That will do it.

Kerry need inactivity on those two fronts and a rank scandal to pull it off. Kind of a negative handicap I guess. The people who hate Bush are motivated tho. Passion may drive turnout for Kerry. Of course passion didn't do diddly for Dean.

Okay i don't have a clue. I'm voting Kerry because I don't like Bush.

"El Bwana"
    Quote Originally Posted by kilimanjaro
    I am not a woman, but my wife (who is very liberal) can't stand Kerry. She said she will probably vote for Nader as a protest vote.

I'm on a time-out/temporary ban
    Quote Originally Posted by PDex
    I am not a woman, but my wife (who is very liberal) can't stand Kerry. She said she will probably vote for Nader as a protest vote.
    Is it the pompous nasal delivery? The Hair? The cragginess?

Does anyone ever think Kerry looks like a cross between Lincoln and JFK?

Go Blue

Too early to tell

I think that it is too early to tell. Given that Bush is the incumbent, it is his election to lose. If the ecomomy picks up and things improve in the Middle East, he probably will win. If things shift the other way, Kerry will win.

I am a Democrat and will vote for Kerry. I think that the Democrats' biggest potential mistake is to underestimate Bush. He is a personable guy and his administration has been more on message than most. I may disagree with his views, but he has a competent administration -- excepting the mess in Iraq.

Now, the mess in Iraq may be his downfall. I have a pretty good "exclusive" predictor of presidential elections -- my mother. She has voted for the winner in every presidential election since the Eisenhower administration with the exception of 1968 when she voted for Humphrey (which was a close election). She has been a steadfast Bush supporter. However, last week she was complaining about Iraq, saying that it was a mistake and that Bush "better do something about it soon." I do not think that there is anything that anyone can to improve Iraq dramatically between now and November. So, I do have some hope for a Kerry victory in November. Ask me this question again in October.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

"El Bwana"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sintesi

She had some issues over a few items: His "Man of the People" stuff seems disingenuous, his use of profanity when it is not warranted, and his "golddigger" aura.

Overall, she says, "its his 'creepiness'".

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PDex
    She had some issues over a few items: His "Man of the People" stuff seems disingenuous, his use of profanity when it is not warranted, and his "golddigger" aura.

Overall, she says, "its his 'creepiness'".
    creepiness...now that's a legitimate reason not to vote for someone. Bush can destroy the environment, wreck the economy, and lie to the public about why he starts wars, but that darn Kerry is just to creepy to vote for.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

such criticism from such a middle of the road

Quote Originally Posted by bill105
    all you have to do is look at a small sampling of this bunch and see that czar, hooey and bottom shell are the fringe of the fringe. thats not name calling. thats just fact. they know it and they post responses that facilitate their radical opinions no matter how out of touch with the rest of the world they are. a berkley dweller, a professor and a psychologist. how sheltered and confined in your own limited circle of truth can you get?
    centrist who's not a right wing fringe nutjob...

did you ever get a job or tell anyone what you did or are you just happy to have a go at others personal info.?

banned
    Sounds good to me. I think he's creepy too :O) I just love the broad brush you paint Bush with. The only problem is you have no paint!

Jan 2004

No, he looks like Ed Muskie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintesi

And may end up like Muskie too.
    In case you're wondering, my avatar is a photo of a worker in chains, rising up to cast them off. An old piece of IWW (Wobbly) art.

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    Sounds good to me. I think he's creepy too :O) I just love the broad brush you paint Bush with. The only problem is you have no paint!
    and you have no brush so I guess we are both sh*t out of luck.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 2004

Sorry to get personal, Bill, but...

Man, you're becoming a caricature of yourself. Do you think about your posts at all, or do you just sit down and allow Rote Response No. 2B to roll off your fingers? You're a dictionary of reactionary cliches.

banned

Wow! You're right. We can only hope :O)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    hurts to read them doesnt it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    by the way, you still blaming bush for urban sprawl in las vegas?

Aug 2002

Yes, you'd think with all that time on his hands

Quote Originally Posted by Cory
    Man, you're becoming a caricature of yourself. Do you think about your posts at all, or do you just sit down and allow Rote Response No. 2B to roll off your fingers? You're a dictionary of reactionary cliches.
    having no job and all that he'd have plenty of time to study up somewhere other than Newsmax and Steam's in-box and maybe learn a thing or two, but I guess his *habits* get in the way.

Sad, sad, sad.
    I will not stand by and watch madness destroy the best minds of my generation, starving, hysterical, naked...

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory
    I'm beginning to think he's a bot that someone programmed with the phrases, "Hillarity= Witch, It's Clinton's fault, Dumocrats bad, Bush good"
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Aug 2002

Wait did Cory mean Live Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones
    I'm beginning to think he's a bot that someone programmed with the phrases, "Hillarity= Witch, It's Clinton's fault, Dumocrats bad, Bush good"
    I was referring to bill105, our resident poster child for severe brain damage caused by unhealthy living. I don't think Steam sniffs glue, he's the way he is naturally!
    I will not stand by and watch madness destroy the best minds of my generation, starving, hysterical, naked...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    get it right, its Hitlery