Leaving work at work while on vacation
    It's all ball bearings

Leaving work at work while on vacation

Venting...

I've had a vacation X'd out on my calendar for over a month now for this upcoming weekend into mon-tues of next week... and my employer just dumped a heapload of work into my lap, with impossible deadlines (next friday).

So much for enjoying a relaxing long weekend getaway -- I'm going to be gripped all weekend that I'm blowing off work that I should be doing.

Stressful vacations are so hot right now.

Captain Obvious
    did you remind them you are out on mon. and tues.?
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

It's all ball bearings
    yyyup. The response was basically HTFU.

And the cool part is that my schedule for next week was already booked, so now I'm basically double-booked PLUS taking vacation. Awesome.

Lets see if I can squeeze 80 hours of work into 3 days when I get back on Wed.

I drank what?
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWA
    yyyup. The response was basically HTFU.

And the cool part is that my schedule for next week was already booked, so now I'm basically double-booked PLUS taking vacation. Awesome.

Lets see if I can squeeze 80 hours of work into 3 days when I get back on Wed.
    Your boss is a douche bag. That's why when I'm on vacation, regardless of where I at, I say I'm usually unreachable and tell them I'm either out of the country or in the wilderness somewhere.

It's all ball bearings
    Quote Originally Posted by j__h
    Your boss is a douche bag. .
    All 8 of them are.

Shirtcocker
    Venting...

I've had a vacation X'd out on my calendar for over a month now for this upcoming weekend into mon-tues of next week... and my employer just dumped a heapload of work into my lap, with impossible deadlines (next friday).

So much for enjoying a relaxing long weekend getaway -- I'm going to be gripped all weekend that I'm blowing off work that I should be doing.

Don't feel too bad. My last re-org left me without anyone to back me up. Fat lot of good those 30 paid days of vacation will do me this year if I can't use them.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

I drank what?
    All 8 of them are.
    LOL, what kind of work is it?

Did you put the new coversheets on the TPS reports?

Trying to return....
    Jun 2005
    All 8 of them are.
    So if you make a mistake you've got 8 people telling you what you did wrong?

It's all ball bearings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_from_SA
    So if you make a mistake you've got 8 people telling you what you did wrong?
    Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

Shirtcocker
    Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.
    I'm a people person, dammit!
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

It's all ball bearings
    Quote Originally Posted by j__h
    LOL, what kind of work is it?
    Wiping my bosses ***es.

MTBR Member
    Venting...

This post saddens me.

It's all ball bearings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Don't feel too bad. My last re-org left me without anyone to back me up. Fat lot of good those 30 paid days of vacation will do me this year if I can't use them.
    Unusable vacation time is so hot right now.

"El Bwana"
    SORRY. Wrong thread.

Its been a bear of a week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down on his luck?"

I drank what?
    Wiping my bosses ***es.
    You must be busy then. I'll let you get back to it.