Lownje Shorts - NNC wisdom Lownje Style - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    What the what???
    58.) Like so many components, bike tires can be ridiculously expensive running upwards of $75 per tire. For that kind of money you could buy a decent car tire... and with the recent trend toward fat tire bikes.... Hey, wait a minute.

I'm guessing they'll get more than one season out of those.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Opus51569; 1 Week Ago at 07:54 AM.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    58.) Like so many components, bike tires can be ridiculously expensive running upwards of $75 per tire. For that kind of money you could buy a decent car tire... and with the recent trend toward fat tire bikes.... Hey, wait a minute.

fb4t1xeir6irjf3-large_.jpg
    … course, for the cost of some high end carbon, you could slip a motor in there for the Full Monty.

If a cyclist actually tried to make economic sense of their purchase...

What the what???

Lownje Shorts - NNC wisdom Lownje Style

59.) It's race day. You grab your kit only to realize your shorts have ripped. Sure, you could wear them but the risk of being arrested for indecent exposure (for a third time this week) is just too great. What do you do? Flexseal to the rescue!

I recommend two coats. I would be more specific about why one coat is not enough, but my lawyer says I shouldn't. Elementary school parents are pretty litigious.
    Last edited by Opus51569; 04-20-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

RoadBikeReview Member
    59.) It's race day. You grab your kit only to realize your shorts have ripped. Sure, you could wear them but the risk of being arrested for indecent exposure (three times in one week) is just too great. What do you do? Flexseal to the rescue!

I recommend two coats. I would be more specific about why one coat is not enough, but my lawyer says I shouldn't. Elementary school parents are pretty litigious.
    When I put it on, I liked the flex part, but forgot about the seal part. How much longer till I can pee and poop, Doc, cuz I REALLY need to pee and poop!

What the what???

Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    When I put it on, I liked the flex part, but forgot about the seal part. How much longer till I can pee and poop, Doc, cuz I REALLY need to pee and poop!
    You’re going to need a mirror, a razor blade, and a very steady hand...

Oh, and of course you need to shave all of the nether region before you spray. Otherwise, the seal will essentially turn your pubes into astroturf. Huh. I feel like I probably should have mentioned that up front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Opus51569; 04-20-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Schuylkill Trail Bum

fb4t1xeir6irjf3-large_.jpg

I'm guessing they'll get more than one season out of those.
    Makes perfect economic sense. Also, maybe fewer flats than your normal $75 bike tire which is made out of vulcanized unicorn tears reinforced with actual angel hair (not the pasta).

However, unlike the bike pictured, I'd build it as a fixie so I could really blast my guads.

What the what???
    60.) Though the counter will keep running, this is officially my 10,000th post. So, the pressure is really on. The culmination of years of experience and wisdom all comes down to this:

When encountering a fellow cyclist passing through the Bjurnvik hinterland, custom dictates usage of the famous "Phlergen Salute", a traditional local wave incorporating the minimus, maximus and polex digits. Failure to properly execute the Phlergen can result in a fine from the local constabulary.

Now, here's where it gets weird. If the magistrate has been having a particularly bad day, a little known codicil states you could also be sentenced to an act of contrition, forced to perform the native Zyzurnyuck dance in the town square. While that may not sound so bad, know that the codicil also states onlookers are permitted to cast aspersions about your parentage while you dance, and children are encouraged to throw objects of varying sizes, weights and consistencies at your naughty bits.

So... long story short... make sure you Phlergen the phuck out of everyone you meet in Bjurnvik... or be prepared to dance the Zyzurnyuck.
    Last edited by Opus51569; 04-21-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Frog Whisperer
    60.) Though the counter will keep running, this is officially my 10,000th post. So, the pressure is really on. The culmination of years of experience and wisdom all comes down to this:

When encountering a fellow cyclist passing through the Bjurnvik hinterland, custom dictates usage of the famous "Phlergen Salute", a traditional local wave incorporating the minimus, maximus and polex digits. Failure to properly execute the Phlergen can result in a fine from the local constabulary. Now, here's where it gets weird. If the magistrate has been having a particularly bad day, a little known codicil states you could also be sentenced to an act of contrition, forced to perform the native Zyzurnuck dance in the town square. While that may not sound so bad, keep in mind the codicil also states onlookers are permitted to cast aspersions about your parentage while you dance while children are encouraged to throw objects of varying sizes, weights and consistencies at your naughty bits.

So... long story short... make sure your Phlergen the phuck out of everyone you meet in Bjurnvik!
    Newb........
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    Newb........
    And a well-executed Phlergen Salute to you, good sir!

Sweet Potato Kugel

So... long story short... make sure you Phlergen the phuck out of everyone you meet in Bjurnvik!
    Brillant phrost. ^^^
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

RoadBikeReview Member
    While that may not sound so bad, know that the codicil also states onlookers are permitted to cast aspersions about your parentage while you dance, while children are encouraged to throw objects of varying sizes, weights and consistencies at your naughty bits.
    … you do realize I paid good money for this One Night In Bangkok...

What the what???
    … you do realize I paid good money for this One Night In Bangkok...
    Murray Head? Is that you? It's an honor, Mr. Head.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Murray Head? Is that you? It's an honor, Mr. Head.
    … I said GOOD money.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    That Murray usually ended with a Bangkok of a different kind...

Sweet Potato Kugel
    That Murray usually ended with a Bangkok of a different kind...

Much Better

What the what???

61.) Phantom Riders* are real, people. Wake up and smell the protoplasm. Prepare yourselves. Protect your loved ones. This is the second time this has happened to me in recent weeks.

On the trail, I pass a cyclist... he was JRA and I was in a bit more of a hurry. A few minutes later, on a long, straight flat section of trail I look in my mirror and see him behind me, slowly catching up. I keep a steady pace and he keeps gaining each time I look. Closer... closer... closer. I look one more time, wondering why I haven't heard an "on your left"... but this time THERE'S NO ONE THERE!!!. The dude is gone. Poof. Disappeared.

That section of trail has no intersections where he might have turned off. If he doubled-back, the trail is so straight and flat there's no way I wouldn't have seen him riding away.

Aliens??? Spontaneous combustion??? Dimensional portal??? You be the judge.

*I actually prefer the term "Ghost Rider", but due to my ongoing blood feud with Nicholas Cage (it’s a looong story... he knows what he did) I am honor bound not to promote any film in which he has performed.
    Last edited by Opus51569; 04-24-2019 at 03:33 AM.

What the what???
    62.) This whole Lownje disappearing thing has me a bit shaken. I mean, it really puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Mortality. The fleeting, ephemeral nature of existence. How we can all be here one moment, then gone the n

RoadBikeReview Member
    62.) This whole Lownje disappearing thing has me a bit shaken. I mean, it really puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Mortality. The fleeting, ephemeral nature of existence. How we can all be here one moment, then gone the n
    Thank Dog the Internet is Real.

Frog Whisperer
    Thank Dog the Internet is Real.
    I have made a lot of good friends here. I have ridden with at least 60 Loungers, many, multiple times. I have more lounge/friends contacts on my phone than locals. I spend less time here than I used to, mostly because a lot of Loungers ended up leaving for Facebook, primarily because of the "administrative rules" here. Frankly, I have no problem with them. I actually prefer this to Facebook, hands down.

I am a proud member of Team Collin and will remain so. (shameless plug here, anyone who wants to support me this year, pm me for details. Last weekend in June, we ride to fight the scourge we call cancer.

I have had a lounge sticker on my vehicles for over a decade now. Today I rode with a lounge Jersey and my Seafoam kit is nearly worn out.

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Frog Whisperer
    Why is that upside down???

Frog Whisperer
    Why is that upside down???
    Let's try again

Frog Whisperer
    Let's try again
    That didn't work any better.....

What the what???
    That didn't work any better.....
    Sure it did. It's still wrong, but bigger!

Frog Whisperer
    Sure it did. It's still wrong, but bigger!
    Perfect, I have always said, if you are going to make the same mistake, it should be bigger the second time

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast