It Makes More Sense
    RoadBikeReview Member

It Makes More Sense

… to leave a bottle of pop outside rather than put in fridge/freezer to get it cold quickly...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    That's why I'm glad my birthday is this month. All the beer can go on the front porch during the party.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Two days ago, it would be in danger of freezing here (high Monday was about 7F).

But today it's just about fridge temperature: mid 30's. Feels almost tropical.
    "None of us knows for sure what's out there; that's why we keep looking. Keep your faith; travel hopefully. The universe will surprise you, constantly." The 13th Doctor.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by JCavilia View Post
    Two days ago, it would be in danger of freezing here (high Monday was about 7F).

But today it's just about fridge temperature: mid 30's. Feels almost tropical.
    only a couple of degrees here, with lows tonight expected around -15 with wind chills in the -35 range good thing we got 10 inches of snow yesterday to insulate everything!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    only a couple of degrees here, with lows tonight expected around -15 with wind chills in the -35 range good thing we got 10 inches of snow yesterday to insulate everything!
    Today it's low 50s and pouring rain here in southern New England. The snow and ice from last weekend's storm is rapidly being transformed into vast puddles.
    "None of us knows for sure what's out there; that's why we keep looking. Keep your faith; travel hopefully. The universe will surprise you, constantly." The 13th Doctor.

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    Same here. Tonight will be -10 with 25 mph winds and we are expecting a new 4 inches of snow to go with the 13 inches of snow we already got this week.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

your text here
    the porch fridge or shoveling snow into coolers helped keep many superbowl party beverages chilled.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed View Post
    the porch fridge or shoveling snow into coolers helped keep many superbowl party beverages chilled.
    yep, I store beverages and extra hot wings on back porch till they get called up.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed View Post
    Hey, buddy, good to see you, been a long time! Snow and beer bottles... Reminds me of a funny story. When Lace was a puppy, I had punched a 1/2 a dozen or so beer bottles into the snow by the door. I walked out and notice one was missing. Lace was walking away from me, I called her and she stopped but wouldn't turn around. I called her again and she turned, she had a beer bottle in her mouth, cap first,almost down to the fat part of the bottle. I still wonder what she would have done with it if I hadn't busted her!

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    I still wonder what she would have done with it if I hadn't busted her!

pooper.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    pooper.
    Been a year and a half, and I still miss her dumbass every day. I am eternally grateful that she didn't have thumbs!

your text here
    Kids get in the way...

The Dog was probably headed out to the lean-to they set up for drinking away from the parents. I dunno how they work bottle openers, but where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Frog Whisperer
    As it turns out, next week, apparently even the vodka will freeze on the deck, calling for lows of 26 below! Actual, not wind chill.

RoadBikeReview Member
    As it turns out, next week, apparently even the vodka will freeze on the deck, calling for lows of 26 below! Actual, not wind chill.
    Absolut??? (get it? absolute zero where all molecular motion ceases??? AKA frozen????)

your text here
    I just moved all the beer and champagne in the garage into a cooler in the garage. If they explode at least it will be contained.